PDA

View Full Version : shopping - sidewalk sale??

Elaine62
22-01-2005, 03:58
The past 2 times we have been to Orlando there has been a sidewalk sale at the Belz Mall on a Thursday where there has been stalls outside the shops selling items at lower prices. Do these sales happen at orlando premium outlets and florida mall, and if so on what day of the week?

Elaine

LiesaAnna
22-01-2005, 12:34
interesting! didnt see anything like this when we went! and i like things like this!!!
more info please?

Nostromo
22-01-2005, 12:43
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Elaine62
The past 2 times we have been to Orlando there has been a sidewalk sale at the Belz Mall on a Thursday where there has been stalls outside the shops selling items at lower prices. Do these sales happen at orlando premium outlets and florida mall, and if so on what day of the week?

Elaine
[/quote]

My wife said that there were some 'seconds' type goods being sold outside some shops at the Belz Factory Outlet Mall when she went there. She did not seem too impressed by the quality of the stuff.

We have ben to the Premium Outlets several times and although there have been many (good) in-shop sales and offers, I have personally not seen any 'sidewalk' stalls outside.

Ray&Sarah
22-01-2005, 13:20
We haven't seen any either and always make a point of visiting the Premium Outlets as this is one of our favourite malls. There are some pretty good deals in the shope though.[msnsmile2]

E. Cosgrove
22-01-2005, 14:18
I certainly find Premium Outlets far superior to Belz and haven't even visited Belz on the last couple of trips to Florida. The only store I miss is Liz Claiborne- they only have a shoe outlet at premium, I say only, that is bad enough as I always buy at least 3 pairs!! I make up for this by visiting Lake Buena Vista Outlets as they have huge LC[msnsmile2]
Ihave never seen sidewalk stalls at either of these locations.

Elaine62
22-01-2005, 15:14
I can't remember much about the quality of the goods being sold at the Belz, just remember that it was on a Thursday. However I agree it's not worth visiting when you can go to OPO or FM instead. By the way where are the Lake Buena Vista outlets, are they close to Terra Verde? I'm not very good with working out yet where we'll be in relation to all the different places.

Elaine

blott
22-01-2005, 16:52
Turn right out of Terra Verde onto Poinciana Boulevard. Cross over the traffic light junction with the 192 and go straight until you reach a T-junction with traffic lights. Turn left at the traffic lights (onto the 535) and Lake Buena Vista outlet mall is on your right.

poohbear
22-01-2005, 16:59
where are the premium outlets?

Nostromo
22-01-2005, 17:24
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by poohbear
where are the premium outlets?
[/quote]

On Vineland Avenue, near both I-4 and I-drive. Take Exit 68 from I-4 and follow the signs. You can actually see the mall from the Interstate.

LiesaAnna
22-01-2005, 17:25
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by blott
Turn right out of Terra Verde onto Poinciana Boulevard. Cross over the traffic light junction with the 192 and go straight until you reach a T-junction with traffic lights. Turn left at the traffic lights (onto the 535) and Lake Buena Vista outlet mall is on your right.
[/quote]

this is handy to know, i cannot tell you how many times we missed this, we kept getting lost! but when we found it it was so worth it! cant wait to go back there again!
and as we're staying at Terre Verda the directions will be sooooooo helpful!!

Ray&Sarah
22-01-2005, 18:59
Will have to take in the Lake Buena Vista Outlet Mall when we visit in February, I can feel lots of retail therapy on the horizon, especially as we aren't taking the boys so they won't be there to complain.[msnsmile2][msnsmile2][msnsmile2]

E. Cosgrove
22-01-2005, 19:21
It is not an enormous Mall Sarah but we still managed to spend 4+ hours there, it's less then 10 mins from Premium Outlets so you can combine the 2 for a great days shopping!!

Ray&Sarah
22-01-2005, 19:24
Thanks LIz that sounds just the ticket, all I need to do now us persuade Ray.:D

wilfy
22-01-2005, 22:48
They do have sidewalk sales at the Lake Beuna ventura place aswell.

pbensur
23-01-2005, 06:14
"Sidewalk Sales" are an American tradition! It wouldn't be the type of sale you would see weekly, but more likely annually or semi-annually. The stores all set up tables outside the entrance with clearance merchandise. Our local mall here in PA has one annually and it happens to be on right now. Just today we were driving past and my daughter noticed the sign and said "Sidewalk Sale!! In the middle of winter??!!!!" (we're under 3 feet of snow at the moment!) I explained to her that they don't REALLY mean "sidewalk" as the sale is "inside" the mall!!

Nostromo
23-01-2005, 13:00
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by pbensur
"Sidewalk Sales" are an American tradition! It wouldn't be the type of sale you would see weekly, but more likely annually or semi-annually. The stores all set up tables outside the entrance with clearance merchandise. [/quote]

Sounds like seasonal clearance sales that we get in the UK as well, except that our narrow footpaths and unpredictable weather are not conducive for sidewalk display of goods.

jtijani
23-01-2005, 18:12
We came back from Orlando on the 8th Jan 05, and another family friend came back on the 20th January. They mentioned this sidewalk sale at the Belz Shopping centre. Whilst they had bought almost everything they needed at about 70% off the previous week, the prices were now reduced so much, they had to get their credit card out and go crazy. We didnt see anything like that while we were there. Orlando Premium also had something similar, where all the shops, like Armani, Nike, Fendi, were having crazy, ridiculous prices, almost at giveaway prices.

hamish
25-01-2005, 05:00
We call the sidewalk sales 'tent sales' (as they are under tents) they are usually held on Christmas and the Easter holidays. The dates are listed in one of the many free shopping leaflets around. ( can't think which one it is )

June

Andrena
26-01-2005, 01:02
Try the Millenia Mall. Go north on !-4. It is great, not as cheap as the others, but classy.

Andrena

gray
28-01-2005, 20:33
Hi just been to the Belz mall and there are a lot of new shops and older ones expanding and moving around ,found the prices a little cheaper than other malls ( so pays for a free meal and a few beers ).
Allways like a free one .All malls have there ups and downs and Belz seems to be on the up again.
Grahame

Ray&Sarah
28-01-2005, 21:46
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by gray
Hi just been to the Belz mall and there are a lot of new shops and older ones expanding and moving around ,found the prices a little cheaper than other malls ( so pays for a free meal and a few beers ).
Allways like a free one .All malls have there ups and downs and Belz seems to be on the up again.
Grahame
[/quote]

Thats good to know Graham, it used to be a really good mall.[msnsmile2]

Andy & Arlene
29-01-2005, 01:43
Went to the Belz on Wednesday. No tent sale on then. A lot of the shops empty in the very top mall (the one with the carousel).

Ray&Sarah
29-01-2005, 03:55
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Andy & Arlene
Went to the Belz on Wednesday. No tent sale on then. A lot of the shops empty in the very top mall (the one with the carousel).
[/quote]

Must be hard for them to compete with all the other malls that are now around and about.[msnsmile]