PDA

View Full Version : Bristol to Orlando

brizzle
22-01-2005, 01:19
I think this was mentioned on here somewhere in the past but I'll post again as I got a quote the other day to see what the prices were like and they were not too bad.

As you can probably guess from the title you can now fly from Bristol to New York with Continental and then on to Orlando (or anywhere I suppose).
Prices were quite comparable with Gatwick flights and would save anyone in the vicinity a trek towards London.

Not sure we'll be up for it with our little one's being a bit young for a longer overall journey time but I can feel a Christmas shopping weekend in NYC coming up....

Brizzle.

Nostromo
22-01-2005, 01:49
We certainly would consider it for our next trip, even if the cost is slightly higher than Gatwick. Bristol Airport is a lot closer to Wootton Bassett than LGW, but the only unknown quantity there is that I have never used its long term car parking facility and don't know how good it is.

Ray&Sarah
22-01-2005, 02:12
Thanks Brizzle, we would consider this as it is our nearest airport and our boys are old enough to do an indirect flight now wihtout driving us too mad.[msnwink][msnsmile2]

Rhosyn
22-01-2005, 12:02
Nostromo
I can't help you with the long term parking, but have used it for short term 3-4 nights and everything was fine.

brizzle
22-01-2005, 13:59
Forgot to say, flights start in May 2005.
I really hope it's a success.

The more flights I can get locally the better.
I have just booked a return flight to Manchester in April for £38, yes £38 return....£28 of that was tax as well...

Brizzle.

22-01-2005, 13:59
There is a great little service called Air Southwest who fly from Bristol to Manchester it you want to fly MAN-MCO, my son uses this flight for going to Uni and back and if you book in advance it is soooo cheap!!!![msnwink]

brizzle
22-01-2005, 14:17
That's exactly who I am flying with lal.
A very handy airline that seems to link Newquay, Plymouth, Bristol, Leeds and Manchester.

Since it cost me more and took longer last year on the train I think I know what I prefer..

Brizzle.

andrewmckay5
22-01-2005, 14:35
Lucy,
how things have changed; my university days in Manchester usually started with a 5 hour coach trip up from London.
andrew

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by lal
There is a great little service called Air Southwest who fly from Bristol to Manchester it you want to fly MAN-MCO, my son uses this flight for going to Uni and back and if you book in advance it is soooo cheap!!!![msnwink]
[/quote]

RIS
22-01-2005, 15:42
Air Southwest also fly to Gatwick. Used it myself, seems to work well.

22-01-2005, 20:05
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by andrewmckay5
Lucy,
how things have changed; my university days in Manchester usually started with a 5 hour coach trip up from London.
andrew

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by lal
[/quote]
[/quote]

I know but its so cheap if you book in advance my son got a trip for £9 + tax one way!