PDA

View Full Version : Things looking better for owners?

MaggieAllan
20-01-2005, 14:26
I've read artcles over the past couple of days on American websites that indicate the tourist industry is looking much better now since 9/11, even with the hurricanes etc. The hoteliers are saying trade is increasing and the convention crowds are returning to Orlando.

I hope the same applies for all you owners and you get loads of bookings, sorry I won't be one unless some money appears on the tree outside this year, but hoping for next year.

LiesaAnna
20-01-2005, 14:27
come with me maggie!!!

MaggieAllan
20-01-2005, 14:31
Don't dare me!!!!

julieanne
20-01-2005, 14:49
Liesa - I hope I'm still coming with you too [msnwink] :D

steph_goodrum
20-01-2005, 15:09
Thanks for your good wishes Maggie. As far as us homeowners go I think the realisation of what value for money the villas offer when compared to an hotel and the fact that for the length of your stay the facilities are exclusively yours is just beginning to filter to a wider market and hopefully will continue.

LiesaAnna
20-01-2005, 15:57
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by julieanne
Liesa - I hope I'm still coming with you too [msnwink] :D
[/quote]
of course you can julie we'll save you the floor!!![msnwink]

MaggieAllan
20-01-2005, 16:22
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by steph_goodrum
Thanks for your good wishes Maggie. As far as us homeowners go I think the realisation of what value for money the villas offer when compared to an hotel and the fact that for the length of your stay the facilities are exclusively yours is just beginning to filter to a wider market and hopefully will continue.

[/quote]

We renters do our best to spread the word[msnwink] I love to share good ideas!

LiesaAnna
20-01-2005, 16:54
yes me too!!!![msnwink]

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
20-01-2005, 17:02
I don't think things were ever that bad for owners. Sure, we had a small lull after 911 but we still managed to fill our villas no problem. The hurricanes have certainly not impacted our bookings and we have seen a healthy enquiry rate through all of our sites.

I personally think a lot of this is talked up by the press in order to sell papers and magazines. Nothing like a bit of controversy and story of people suffering to sell papers [msnwink]

Robert5988
20-01-2005, 17:34
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:I personally think a lot of this is talked up by the press in order to sell papers and magazines. Nothing like a bit of controversy and story of people suffering to sell papers [/quote]

In the same way the media said property prices were falling after the hurricanes - particularly on the coast.

As a result some owners withdrew their property from market - hence shortage of property to buy - hence prices rose!

Never let the facts get in the way of a good story!

caroline
20-01-2005, 17:36
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by floridadreamvilla.co.uk
I don't think things were ever that bad for owners. Sure, we had a small lull after 911 but we still managed to fill our villas no problem. The hurricanes have certainly not impacted our bookings and we have seen a healthy enquiry rate through all of our sites.

I personally think a lot of this is talked up by the press in order to sell papers and magazines. Nothing like a bit of controversy and story of people suffering to sell papers [msnwink]
[/quote]

Have to agree with John, we've never noticed a falling off of bookings or enquiries, in fact quite the opposite:)

LiesaAnna
20-01-2005, 17:46
good and hope it stays that way!![clap][clap]

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
20-01-2005, 17:58
You are right there Caroline. The hurricanes actually served to get Florida on the news and in people's minds and this seemed to make them start thinking of booking a holiday and sure enough we got a nice heathly enquiry rate [msnsmile2]

I think most travellers are savvy enough to know Florida does get hurricanes every once in a while but the probability of getting caught in one is tiny and that 2004 was just an unlucky year for Florida. The last time 4 hurricanes came in one year in the same State was something like 1886 in Texas.

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by caroline
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by floridadreamvilla.co.uk

[/quote]

Have to agree with John, we've never noticed a falling off of bookings or enquiries, in fact quite the opposite:)
[/quote]

LiesaAnna
20-01-2005, 18:10
sad as it seems, wish i was there during one wouldve liked to experiance that! i know sad!!

well we had one down in Brighton once and it was exciting!!!!! but on the other hand i dont like the expense for others of repair bills, etc just glad that alls well,
hey we know the weather in florida is better then ours most of the time!!!!! but as long as i dont get caught in the air during a hurricane, i wouldnt mind whatever the weather for florida!

steph_goodrum
20-01-2005, 19:21
Funnily enough Liesa when you had the one in Brighton my sister and her family were camping down that way. We were in Florida at the time and we telephoned my MIL to wish her a happy birthday and she said she'd seen my sister and family being interviewed on the tv as the campsite they were staying in lost quite a few caravans and tents, my nephew slept through it all and didnt believe it when they told him about it next morning.

julieanne
20-01-2005, 19:24
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by LiesaAnna
sad as it seems, wish i was there during one wouldve liked to experiance that! i know sad!!
[/quote]

It's certainly an experience Liesa - believe me [msnscared]

MaggieAllan
20-01-2005, 21:27
I'm really pleased that you have had relatively little impact...I assumed (wrongly) that with the amount of responses to enquiries people recieve, there might have been a problem. So, if you're all booked up this year I better start planning for next year.

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
20-01-2005, 21:40
It depends on the dates requested - there are always going to be owners out there responding and we do have a lot of villas across our 3 sites to give the maximum amount of choice to renters.

There are many other factors to why people rent villas such as location, helpfulness of the owner, facilities, furniture, decor etc etc. We are hopefully maximising the choice to the discerning renter so they can pick a villa which suits them perfectly [msnsmile]

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by MaggieAllan
I'm really pleased that you have had relatively little impact...I assumed (wrongly) that with the amount of responses to enquiries people recieve, there might have been a problem. So, if you're all booked up this year I better start planning for next year.
[/quote]

caroline
20-01-2005, 21:47
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by MaggieAllan
[/quote]

It's never too soon to start planning, like lots of other owners I already have quite a few bookings for 2006 and even one for 2007[:O]

Lynne S
20-01-2005, 22:48
Yes, never to early to start planning......I had an enquiry for 2008 the other night[msnwink]

blott
20-01-2005, 23:53
It's odd, Maggie, that you should mention hurricanes and booking for next year.

The guests we had staying at our home during Charley were first time US and Florida visitors. They looked after our home magnificently both during and after it passed through and were without services for quite a time afterwards. In fact, they told us they quite enjoyed sitting on the pool deck each evening with candles because there was no electricity!

They were only home in the UK a week when they booked our home again for 2006 for the same month (August), but this time for four weeks instead of the three they stayed last year. :)

That certainly bears out what the other home owners have said above and long may it continue.

E. Cosgrove
21-01-2005, 01:45
Hear hear Blott[clap][clap][clap]<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by blott
It's odd, Maggie, that you should mention hurricanes and booking for next year.

The guests we had staying at our home during Charley were first time US and Florida visitors. They looked after our home magnificently both during and after it passed through and were without services for quite a time afterwards. In fact, they told us they quite enjoyed sitting on the pool deck each evening with candles because there was no electricity!

They were only home in the UK a week when they booked our home again for 2006 for the same month (August), but this time for four weeks instead of the three they stayed last year. :)

That certainly bears out what the other home owners have said above and long may it continue.
[/quote]