PDA

View Full Version : Who's met who?

Nostromo
19-01-2005, 13:53
I was curious to know how many individual members have actually met each other (relatives and spouses excluded, of course). I mean, we discuss various issues like members of a 'virtual family' (as my wife has labelled us), but in reality know so little of each other. So, let us see if we have actually MET some of our forum friends anytime?

I'll make a start myself. I have worked with Liz Cosgrove and met Martin briefly when he kindly called at the villa to hand over some spare tickets. That's all.

LiesaAnna
19-01-2005, 14:01
i have met Lynne (jadehouse,) and Dawn (daybreak) she is Lynnes best friend so met them when we were in florida last Dec 04 have posted photos of us 3 in the gallery!
we're trying to arrange a girlie weekend somewhere in UK for lots of us girlies that chat! so hopefully meeting more this year!!

linda allen
19-01-2005, 14:36
I have met Gromit(Neil and Camilla) we have very similar backgrounds in jobs and work for the same company.

Lynne S
19-01-2005, 17:50
I see Daybreak all the time, most day's really. You all know that we met Hattie Liesa and her family in December.
Also Calamity Jane (Karen) and her hubby Mark, who have been a great help while we were buying our villa. Mark found us the Lot on Terra Verde!
In Feb we are going to meet Gromit, Neil & Camila,also Sky Louise as we are neighbour's on Terra Verde.

[msnsmile2]

19-01-2005, 18:14
I have met Matt (Floridalover) when I was last out in Florida.

I also feel like I have met Carla as we chat so much on the phone!!!

I also stood next to Fozzie (hes not been on much lately) in Starbucks but only found out it was him afterwards!

Newhomebuyer
19-01-2005, 20:17
I met up with Sheila F and her lovely family last September.
I have almost met up with CDV. Next time I hope

Nostromo
19-01-2005, 20:38
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Newhomebuyer
I have almost met up with CDV. Next time I hope
[/quote]

What do you mean almost? I'm intrigued.

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
19-01-2005, 20:53
We've met a lot of the owners on here or talked to them on the phone at one time or another.

linda allen
19-01-2005, 20:56
I have talked to Shenon and Jolliffee quite alot as we have bought villas on the same development.

Ray&Sarah
19-01-2005, 21:06
Have met a number of people on here in person and feel like I know others through chatting in the chat room at one time or another.[msnsmile2]

blott
19-01-2005, 21:22
I've met quite a few people since 1856... oh, it was only 2002 when the forum started? :) ;)

I don't dare try naming them all in case I leave someone out and offend them though (although I have definitely met CDV Nostromo!) :)

Ray&Sarah
19-01-2005, 21:23
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by blott
I've met quite a few people since 1856... oh, it was only 2002 when the forum started? :) ;)

I don't dare try naming them all in case I leave someone out and offend them though (although I have definitely met CDV Nostromo!) :)
[/quote]

Ah ha now we know how you are so knowledgeable, its those many years of maturity since 1856![msnwink]:D

Nostromo
19-01-2005, 21:28
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Ray&Sarah

[/quote]

Ah ha now we know how you are so knowledgeable, its those many years of maturity since 1856![msnwink]:D
[/quote]

Some information on her knowledge would be interesting to some! [msnwink]

Cruella DeVilla
20-01-2005, 00:12

[/quote]

No giving my secrets away Blott;);)

blott
20-01-2005, 00:15
As if... :D

Ray&Sarah
20-01-2005, 00:19
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Cruella DeVilla

[/quote]

[/quote]

She could but then she would have to shoot you!!!!:D[msnwink]:D

Nostromo
20-01-2005, 01:38

[/quote]

[/quote]

CDV, someone DMed me that you are a Glenn Close lookalike (hence the name?). I love Dalmatians....all 101 of them!

Ruth
20-01-2005, 02:49
I have been to at least 5 OV get togethers in Florida and also have met quite a few owners back in the UK so like Blottie I will not try and name them all;)

[/quote]

julieanne
20-01-2005, 03:06
Feel as if I've made lots of new friends on the forum [grouphug]
But sadly haven't met anyone. Hope to one day
[msnwink]

E. Cosgrove
20-01-2005, 03:24
Sarah and Ray, Ellie, Stabard,Emm,CarolAnn, Esprit,Jan Bendle and last but not least yourself Nostromo[msnwink]

E. Cosgrove
20-01-2005, 03:26
P.S. I missed off Nick Clarke my Florida neighbour![msnembarrased]

E. Cosgrove
20-01-2005, 03:29
There's a photo of CDV in the owners area Nostromo, it was taken at a recent OV meet in Florida, her hair is black and white and she is smoking from a foot long cigarette holder[msnwink]<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Nostromo

[/quote]

[/quote]

CDV, someone DMed me that you are a Glenn Close lookalike (hence the name?). I love Dalmatians....all 101 of them!
[/quote]

esprit
20-01-2005, 03:52
I live here so have met more than most.
First and foremost my lovely friend Blottie, Ruth, Orlandobabe, Caroline, Fiona, Karen Glick ( mm etc etc), Ray and Sarah, Marion, Marthas Harbour, Liz Cosgrove, LisaC, Starkie, Walden64, Lookout, Pat Jones, Chrizzy, Debs, Shardeblil, Floridalover, Fozzie, Carla and Cowboy are all people I know well or have met more than once. And more briefly on one meeting Sunlover, Janny, John and Sarah Rooke, Roger, Andy and Arlene, Funshine, Rushbury,Cyclefan, Chris, Ana, Athurstance, Michelle, Davy, Lakul. Apologies to anyone I missed out, I know there are more.

Snapper
20-01-2005, 04:55
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by E. Cosgrove
There's a photo of CDV in the owners area Nostromo, it was taken at a recent OV meet in Florida, her hair is black and white and she is smoking from a foot long cigarette holder[msnwink][/quote]

There could be ... for the right price !!! [msnwink][msnwink][msnwink]

ctgirlscout
20-01-2005, 06:32
Boy, I guess I have missed out! I haven't met anyone! [msncry]

Nostromo
20-01-2005, 10:50
There's a photo of CDV in the owners area Nostromo, it was taken at a recent OV meet in Florida, her hair is black and white and she is smoking from a foot long cigarette holder[msnwink]<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:[i][/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

CDV, if you read this, you know now who DMed me! Go get her![angel][angel][angel]

E. Cosgrove
20-01-2005, 11:43
Nosromo !!!!!..........It makes it sound like I DM'd you and I would never give away secret information[msnwink]
Now guys if you want the low down on Nostromo, see me at playtime[msnwink][msnwink][msnwink]

Ray&Sarah
20-01-2005, 11:50
Nosromo !!!!!..........It makes it sound like I DM'd you and I would never give away secret information[msnwink]
Now guys if you want the low down on Nostromo, see me at playtime[msnwink][msnwink][msnwink]
[/quote]

Sounds interesting Liz!!![msnwink]:D[msnsmile2]

Cruella DeVilla
20-01-2005, 14:17
Steve,
You know what will happen if you do[}:)][}:)][}:)][gun]

Nostromo
20-01-2005, 18:07
I thought I had enough info to try a computer identity sketch like the police artists do. I did and [msnoo][msnoo][msnoo][msnoo]

Nostromo
20-01-2005, 18:08

[/quote]

I wasn't aware that there was anything else Liz! :D:D;)

Cruella DeVilla
20-01-2005, 20:03
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Nostromo
I thought I had enough info to try a computer identity sketch like the police artists do. I did and [msnoo][msnoo][msnoo][msnoo]
[/quote]

[}:)]Is a very good likeness.

E. Cosgrove
20-01-2005, 21:52
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Nostromo

[/quote]

I wasn't aware that there was anything else Liz! :D:D;)
[/quote][msneek][msneek][msneek][msneek][msneek]

Kissyme
21-01-2005, 14:30
Have met Babblin Boo in Florida and in UK and made very welcome in both destinations.
I often wonder how many other forum members I stood next to and not even known it

Nostromo
21-01-2005, 14:43
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Kissyme
I often wonder how many other forum members I stood next to and not even known it
[/quote]

I have a hunch that a young English couple that we shared the front row of the 'Fire' coaster of Duelling Dragons could have been members of this (or some other similar) forum. I could overhear their conversation a bit, but even though we introduced ourselves briefly, I forgot the details soon afterwards in all the excitement.

Ray&Sarah
21-01-2005, 20:31
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Kissyme
Have met Babblin Boo in Florida and in UK and made very welcome in both destinations.
[/quote]

I wonder that too, how many have been on the same flights without even knowing it.[msnsmile2]

E. Cosgrove
21-01-2005, 23:02
I guess that's where the OV T shirts come in!!;)

linsan
22-01-2005, 04:00
Nevermind Teresa, we've not met anyone either and Julie you're just a name dropper[msnwink]

E. Cosgrove
22-01-2005, 13:06
But she know's all the best people![msnwink]<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by linsan
Nevermind Teresa, we've not met anyone either and Julie you're just a name dropper[msnwink]
[/quote]

Ray&Sarah
22-01-2005, 13:22
But she know's all the best people![msnwink]<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by linsan
[/quote]
[/quote]

Very ture Liz![msnwink]:D

janny
23-01-2005, 17:24
I have met up with Patti (bellaepovera)and Fiona when Patti flew into the UK last year.In the States have recently met Marion and Robin, Heather Cobbet and Dennis ,Anne Louise and her husband Mike and Kath (cowboy) Andy and Arlene and Julie.Sure there are others- apologies to those I have missed.

Cruella DeVilla
23-01-2005, 17:37
We have met recently, Blott,Christhear,luckylady,Rosie,Snapper,Dom, Robby and Ruth. Hoping to catch up with a few more folks this year.
Whose out last two in March?

E. Cosgrove
23-01-2005, 21:00
Me 21st until 31st!!!

Cruella DeVilla
23-01-2005, 21:23
Me 21st until 31st!!!
[/quote]

Excellent...we must get together.

WR1
24-01-2005, 11:01
We'll be there from the 29th/03/05 for 2 weeks.[msnsmile]:D

WR.

sunseeker
29-01-2005, 01:03
we will be there from the 26/03 for a fortnight :D:D:D

Dave

daisy
29-01-2005, 01:31
remember reading a thread about ov t-shirts are these still being done ?

poohbear
29-01-2005, 01:35
im there from 28th april till 19th may anybody else?

MaggieAllan
30-01-2005, 10:37
Yesterday I met Steve (Snapper) and Lynne (Jadehouse) and her hubby, lovely people and great to meet up...photos were taken so watch this space.

Cruella DeVilla
18-01-2006, 17:56
Well it's a year on now and we met loads of really nice people over the Xmas break, some old faces too. Nice to catch up:D

LiesaAnna
18-01-2006, 18:29
yes CDV just saw it was a year ago tomorrow!! gone fast,
since then have met with southsider Tricia, (shes lovely) speak to Jadehouse often on the phone and dm all the time!!
still many of you i would like to say Hi to!![msnwink]

Macka
18-01-2006, 18:36
I've not met anyone.[msnsad]

We should have a get together.

And are there any T-shirts left?

Cruella DeVilla
18-01-2006, 18:39
Ok so who would you most like to meet and why?

LiesaAnna
18-01-2006, 18:39
never got any Paul!! someone had them!

sheenallan
18-01-2006, 18:55
Hi Pooh Bear we are out from April 27 to May 11,so far we have met Blott and Esprit.
Sheena

LiesaAnna
18-01-2006, 19:36
i would like to meet.................... Jan (eagleydo) shes bubbly and friendly, Digditald Daniel, he seems a nice guy, Rosie, daring!! after her balloon ride! CDV, you make me smile, with your funny witty comments!! Blott, she seems an interesting sort of person, i think, would love to have met MaggieAllen but for some reason she left us, would love to meet up with Lynne (jadehouse again one day)definately Ray and Sarah, Sarahs cool, am sure we think along similar lines at times!! Fiona because she a very brave lady!! and she makes me laugh!! Julieanne, shes so friendly and supportive! Mach2 cos shes a caring person!! there are lots!! but cant remember everyone!! but all those who i have chatted to over the last year or so!!

Ray&Sarah
18-01-2006, 21:02
Would love to meet you too Liesa, I think we do have the same sort of thoughts quite often.[msnsmile2]

Cruella DeVilla
18-01-2006, 21:04
Whooops, typing to fast here, what I was going to say is just below[:P]

eagleydo
18-01-2006, 21:04
Thanks Liesa, we must meet up one day, visit Brighton fairly often, last time was a couple of days before Christmas. You will have to dm me with you tel no. and I will send you mine.Had half hoped you would be in Florida at the same time as me in Sept. but I see you have had to cancel, such a shame.

Cruella DeVilla
18-01-2006, 21:09
We have talked about it time and time again about meeting up in UK, but to be honest apart from Jan (Stabard) I have only been sucessful in catching up with folks in Florida. Maybe when I move to York in May I wil get a chance to catch up with a few people. Especially as my folks live near in Cheshire and quite near Manchester so you never know!

Leisa I think everybody would love to meet you, but could we get a word in edgeways[chatter][chatter]

Another person I would like to meet is Arun, he did say he would be back but its 11 months now[msneek]

LiesaAnna
18-01-2006, 21:11
not sure how to take that CDV[msnwink] cant get a word in edge ways!![:P]your just as bad!!! i see it every day!![msnwink] yes its a shame about Nostromo we all miss him and a few others,
we should have a big party in florida!!![msnwink][clap][clap][clap][clap][clap][clap][clap]

Cruella DeVilla
18-01-2006, 21:21
Ah dear you average 15 post a a day I average 10[laugh][chatter]. Although I am now older than Carla and Chrizzy. I will never be as old as you, Blott or John though so I will have to settle for 4th oldest no doubt sometime soon[chatter][chatter]

LiesaAnna
18-01-2006, 21:42
oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oo restraining myself!!![laugh][laugh][laugh]but have decided your just jealous!![msnwink]

Cruella DeVilla
18-01-2006, 21:51
Absolutely[:X]

chrizzy100
18-01-2006, 22:21
Ah dear you average 15 post a a day I average 10[laugh][chatter]. Although I am now older than Carla and Chrizzy. I will never be as old as you, Blott or John though so I will have to settle for 4th oldest no doubt sometime soon[chatter][chatter]
[/quote]

I just look younger cus I've been using oil of ugly.......[chatter][chatter]

LiesaAnna
18-01-2006, 22:35
[laugh][laugh][laugh]chrizzy!!! your so funny!!!!!

Sharon G
19-01-2006, 00:00
I,ve not met anyone!!!![msncry][msncry][msncry]

luckylady
19-01-2006, 01:20
I have met loads from Highrove,this past 18 months too many to mention
I have metJeanette and Michelle,and JoAnne
Stil lots to meet plenty of time yet,

LiesaAnna
19-01-2006, 02:09
Barbara have we let your gaining a gold star rating pass by without saying anything to you?
shocking!!![msnwink] congratulations!!

wrpac00
19-01-2006, 02:35
I met with carolmc (Carol) and her hubby Richard twice in the summer. The second time it was Richards 50th party and there were two other forum members there but I have forgotten their user names. One was a US lady called Karen who had a place on the gulf coast and the other was from one of the Channel Islands (I am hopeless at names)[msnembarrased]

dawn
19-01-2006, 02:50
I have now met quite a few forum members(Ray and Sarah, Rosie, Blott, Ana, RIS, CDV and some others at Xmas, sorry I'm hopeless remembering everyones names)There are still lots more I would like to meet and get to put faces to names[msnsmile]

Ana
19-01-2006, 13:46
From my unreliable memory I've met Esprit, Domster, Dawn, Ray & Sarah, Ravtino, Beechall24, Nicholson, Nina A, Twistpile & Panda. Hopefully I'll be meeting Davy Woods when we head up to Lancaster next week.

Maybe we should just have one big party in the centre of the UK - although that would be no use to those who don't live here [msnscared]

julieanne
19-01-2006, 14:06
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Sharon G
I,ve not met anyone!!!![msncry][msncry][msncry]
[/quote]

Neither have I Sharon [msncry]

There are lots of people I would like to meet,

Liesa (of course [msnwink]), Julie (Mach2), Fiona, Sally, Sharon, Jan, Mizzy - well all the ladies from the slimming club (and Macka [msnwink])
Ray and Sarah (we seem to like all the same restaurants [msnwink] [msntongue])
CDV - shoes and bags and all [msnwink] [msnwink]

There are just so many lovely people on here [grouphug]

I agree with Liesa - a big party in Florida sounds good [msnwink]