PDA

View Full Version : OV Slimming Club

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23

Sally D
19-01-2005, 02:07
I have got to go on a diet ready for my holiday, 9 months to go. I'm not too good at them and wonder if any one wants to join me, we could encourage each other and post HONEST weekly weight loss.[msntongue]
Sally

LiesaAnna
19-01-2005, 02:11
hubby and Russ have just joined weight, watchers tonite i'm not sure whats the point i'll have to look after them!
i would be quite happy to diet with you Sally! it'll take me those 9 months to make a difference! am not posting for all to see tho' woll do DM is that any good???????[msnwink]

Sally D
19-01-2005, 02:14
Good girl, I don't mind posting how much I have lost but not my weight to start. We can DM that.[msnwink]
Sally

LiesaAnna
19-01-2005, 02:21
ok am up for that when shall we start???in the morning , i weigh in with the nurse every wednesday so i can do from her if you like?? got to look good for florida! and be more comfy on the flights!

Sally D
19-01-2005, 02:41
Tomorrow is fine, I will have to dig my scales out they are hidden somewhere. I will DM you tomorrow.
Sally

chunkichik
19-01-2005, 02:53
I just might join in too!! don't own any scales though I have to admit, could go down to Boots and use theirs!!

I'll probably do slimming world, couldn't get on with weigh[bad language filtered out]chers, I would save up all my points and eat a mcdonalds, hardly healthy eating

Sally D
19-01-2005, 02:59
Come on and join me and Liesa, go and get weighed tomorrow and we will DM each other[:I]
Sally

KJH
19-01-2005, 03:23
HIYA

count me in...got to lose 1 and half stone before my holiday.. 31st January, easy eh Liesa (not)

Serious note me and my Megan will join you, we both have to lose some.

If thats OK with you Sally & Liesa

LiesaAnna
19-01-2005, 03:39
of course the more the merrier!!!!!!

good girls[clap][clap][clap]

19-01-2005, 10:41
This is so weird!! I got up this morning to post the same question!!! I started on Monday and have 6 months before I go so count me in girls!!!

Maybe other forum members could sponsor us and make a donation to the charity of their choice??

P.S I have just got up at 6am done 30 minutes on my treadmill so Im taking it seriously!!!![msnscared]

Sally D
19-01-2005, 10:59
This is great, the more the better. I know I need lots of encouragement. No more snacking for me just 3 healthy meals a day [msncry].

19-01-2005, 11:04
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Sally D
This is great, the more the better. I know I need lots of encouragement. No more snacking for me just 3 healthy meals a day [msncry].
[/quote]

Sally they do say have 2 healthy snacks too, 3 meals and 2 snacks - I made fruit smoothies yesterday small bowl of fresh fruit small natural yogurt and splash of skimmed milk in the blender - Yummy!

LiesaAnna
19-01-2005, 11:20
oh so good!!!!, i will not pick and cut out chocalate! dont need it !!!!! exercise a bit hard cos of knee! killing me today!!!!!! great start!
florida babes!![msnwink]

19-01-2005, 11:48
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by LiesaAnna
oh so good!!!!, i will not pick and cut out chocalate! dont need it !!!!! exercise a bit hard cos of knee! killing me today!!!!!! great start!
florida babes!![msnwink]
[/quote]

Liesa

Just do some upper body work - you can do it sitting in a chair, anything to get the heart rate up and you will be burning fat!! Go girl!!!![clap]

E. Cosgrove
19-01-2005, 12:17
Good luck girls, I start a new diet every week!!![msnwink]

Sally D
19-01-2005, 12:21
My husband and 3 girls said they will do it too. I won't put the 2 youngest ones on a diet as they are 10 and 12 but do healthy eating for them, it will help me not having loads of rubbish in the cupboards.

Sally D
19-01-2005, 12:22
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by E. Cosgrove
Good luck girls, I start a new diet every week!!![msnwink]
[/quote]

Why not join us then.

melvazquez
19-01-2005, 12:43
Good luck to you all[msnsmile2]

Mel

julieanne
19-01-2005, 13:01
Florida Babes!!!!
I like it Liesa [msnwink]

I'll join you. If I'm honest I don't have a lot of weight to lose. Luckily for me I've always been quite small. But over the past few years I have really started to enjoy my food and eat far too much. I blame it on going to the States and getting used to their gorgeous food and huge portions [msnwink] [msntongue] [msntongue]

And I'm getting to the stage now where middle aged spread and my over indulgence is taking hold and the pounds were creeping on month by month.

So now I go to the gym 2 or 3 times a week and do try to eat sensibly (at least on week days [msnwink])but would like to lose at least half a stone. I usually get weighed on a Friday morning and last week lost NOTHING!!!!

LiesaAnna
19-01-2005, 13:43
i have just come home from seeing the practise nurse! and have lost 7lb in one week, wont go into on forum, but its something that happens every month!! am so pleased, not mormally that much!! so am at 17 11 today and dont mind saying cos am going to lose weight! was 18 4 last wed, and very down!
florida babe here i come! gonna do it so come you lot!!!!!!![clap][clap][clap]

kitty
19-01-2005, 14:01
Hi all do you mind if i join in as i really need to lose weight before hols,i have managed to lose 8pounds over 2 weeks but yesterday temptation over the xmas sweety tin was too much for me,hence leaving me feeling rather low today.I quite look forward to wednesdays though sadly enough i help with the childrens paper round so its a bit extra exercise.[sporty][sporty][sporty]

LiesaAnna
19-01-2005, 14:05
go for it kitty!![msnwink]

Nostromo
19-01-2005, 15:28
If you ladies really want to lose weight, try my secret reciepe. Very cheap and guaranteed to work.

Have boiled brussels sprouts on dry toast for breakfast. You can eat nothing for rest of the day. A month of that and most of you could be doing the catwalk! :D:D

LiesaAnna
19-01-2005, 15:50
thanks but will give that a miss! altho i love Brussel sprouts dont love em enough for breakfast!
i would be to uncomfortable to eat the rest of the day as i would be creased up with wind!!!!![msnscared]

julieanne
19-01-2005, 16:03
thanks but will give that a miss! altho i love Brussel sprouts dont love em enough for breakfast!
<span style="color:red">i would be to uncomfortable to eat the rest of the day as i would be creased up with wind!!!!!</span id="red">[msnscared]
[/quote]

Too much information Liesa [msnwink]

I hate sprouts [xx(]

LiesaAnna
19-01-2005, 16:05
lol [msntongue][laugh][laugh][laugh][laugh]

Sally D
19-01-2005, 16:32
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by kitty
Hi all do you mind if i join in as i really need to lose weight before hols,i have managed to lose 8pounds over 2 weeks but yesterday temptation over the xmas sweety tin was too much for me,hence leaving me feeling rather low today.I quite look forward to wednesdays though sadly enough i help with the childrens paper round so its a bit extra exercise.[sporty][sporty][sporty]
[/quote]
Welcome aboard Kitty.[clap]

Sally D
19-01-2005, 16:33
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Nostromo
If you ladies really want to lose weight, try my secret reciepe. Very cheap and guaranteed to work.

Have boiled brussels sprouts on dry toast for breakfast. You can eat nothing for rest of the day. A month of that and most of you could be doing the catwalk! :D:D
[/quote]

[sick][sick][sick]

chunkichik
19-01-2005, 16:42
Wow Liesa 7lb!! Well done [clap][clap][clap] I love brussels sprouts, could eat them everyday, but yes the wind could become a bit of a problem[msnsmile2]

LiesaAnna
19-01-2005, 16:53
[msnembarrased][:P]

Sally D
19-01-2005, 17:30
7lb Liesa, fantastic[clap][clap][clap]
Keep it up.
Hopefully next Wednesday I will be telling you my loss.[msntongue]

19-01-2005, 17:50

[/quote]

If I ate that my IBS would kick in big time!!!!:(

19-01-2005, 17:53
Wow thats brill Liesa!!

You have a head start on the rest of us so keep it going!!!

I am aiming for 1 1/2-2 stone, most of which is from having babies but the youngest is 3 so got to get it off for good now!!!

LiesaAnna
19-01-2005, 17:57
well mine is fluid retention, but next week will probably not be so good! but will try hard!!!

19-01-2005, 18:10
Couple of tips from my friend who is a very up to date Personal Trainer................

Keep a food diary - write EVERYTHING you eat down, then you can see if you are going wrong.

Try to eat three equal sized meals a day - if possible, plus 2 healthy snacks.

2 litres of water a day helps weight loss.

Excercise - 30 mins CV at least 5 times a week to get the heart rate up plus some weight resistance training 3 times a week.

chunkichik
19-01-2005, 18:40
At slimming world we were always told to keep a food diary, especially if the weight stopped coming off. Personally, keeping a food diary makes me worse, I am constantly looking at it wondering what to eat next.

If we all post everytime we want to eat something naughty, this could be a very long thread [msnsmile2]

julieanne
19-01-2005, 18:45
I find that if I plan all my meals a 2 or 3 days in advance I do tend to stick to those meals.
Kind of a food diary in reverse [msnsmile]

LiesaAnna
19-01-2005, 19:31
i feel like scoffing now!!!!!!!![:P]

chunkichik
19-01-2005, 19:33
[/quote]
nooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!

LiesaAnna
19-01-2005, 19:35
but my belly rumbling!!! i must be hungry?????????

julieanne
19-01-2005, 20:00
[/quote]

Don't do it Liesa - drink something.
I mean water not Baileys [msnwink]!!!!!

timfawson
19-01-2005, 21:20
Count me in I always seem to be on a diet. Joined WW lagain last week was relly good walk to work everyday (2 miles) got weighed on Monday and guess what only lost 1lb !!!!!
Still as Tim says better off than on.

Jackie

Ray&Sarah
19-01-2005, 21:22
Good luck with the diets girls, hope your will power is better than mine.:D[msnsmile2]

E. Cosgrove
19-01-2005, 21:22

[/quote][sick][sick][sick][sick][sick][sick][sick][sick][sick]

Nostromo
19-01-2005, 21:25
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by E. Cosgrove

[/quote][sick][sick][sick][sick][sick][sick][sick][sick][sick]
[/quote]

See? I told you it works! [laugh][laugh][laugh][laugh]

Ray&Sarah
19-01-2005, 21:31
Brussell Sprouts on toast, yuk, yuk and double yuk.[sick][sick][sick]

LiesaAnna
19-01-2005, 22:19
might try it at dinner time!

Sally D
19-01-2005, 22:21
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by timfawson
Count me in I always seem to be on a diet. Joined WW lagain last week was relly good walk to work everyday (2 miles) got weighed on Monday and guess what only lost 1lb !!!!!

Jackie
[/quote]

Well done Jackie, 1lb is better than nothing.[clap]
Welcome to The Florida Babes (we will be when we go)[msntongue]

19-01-2005, 22:25

Jackie
[/quote]

That's great if you do that every week this time next year you will have lost 52 lbs!!!!!

19-01-2005, 22:35
Ok girls I am feeling very smug today - it must be the added support from you guys - I have done a second 30 minutes on my treadmill (60 minutes in total today) plus a wieghts circuit and I have not cheated once today and I have had my last meal of the day before 6.30pm!!!

Im going for it big time!!

Sally D
19-01-2005, 22:49
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by lal
Ok girls I am feeling very smug today - it must be the added support from you guys - I have done a second 30 minutes on my treadmill (60 minutes in total today) plus a wieghts circuit and I have not cheated once today and I have had my last meal of the day before 6.30pm!!!

[/quote]

[clap][clap][clap]
I'm really going for it. Think I might go to bed early tonight then breakfast will come round quicker.;)

19-01-2005, 23:00

[/quote]

[clap][clap][clap]
I'm really going for it. Think I might go to bed early tonight then breakfast will come round quicker.;)
[/quote]

Thats a good idea Sally!!! Go for it!

bluebirds
19-01-2005, 23:02
Mr Bluebird (Pete) is on his diet ready for Florida. He thinks Orlando has only room for one Whale and thats at Seaworld. Last week he lost 61bs. So Nostromo if you are driving down Pewsham Way in Chippenham and you see a very out of breath man cycling it maybe him out for the burn. If he tried the sprout diet this house would probably self combust!!!Me fortunately i am one of natures natural skinny bods but i am trying to eat more healthily. That means 1 choccy bar instead of 2(Only Joking)[msncool][msncool]

LiesaAnna
19-01-2005, 23:59
well good on all of us already!!![clap][clap][clap][clap]

Sharon G
20-01-2005, 00:00
It's good to know that I'm not on my own!!

We go to Florida in just over 7 weeks time and my "Skinny" best friend is coming with us!!
I,m not really overweight but want to lose at least a stone so at least I look reasonable next to my friend!![msnwink]

Since my last child (now 3 years old) I have a "Jelly belly" and basically love my food too much!
I can't exercise like I used to as I have a back problem, hence the pounds have stayed on!!

Anyway I started just over 2 weeks ago now and have lost 4lbs[msnsmile2][msnsmile2]
...I'm drinking loads of water. This helps when your feeling hungry as it fills you up!!

Only problem is I'm forever tripping off to the loo[msnembarrased][msnembarrased]
.......(which does burn more calories climbing the stairs)[msnsmile2]

Sharon

LiesaAnna
20-01-2005, 00:06
wish i could drink more but the loo upstirs, and my knee dont like the run up and down!!!!!!!

Sharon G
20-01-2005, 00:17
wish i could drink more but the loo upstirs, and my knee dont like the run up and down!!!!!!!
[/quote]
....Liesa, try a bucket!!!![msnwink]

Sharon

20-01-2005, 00:21
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Sharon G
It's good to know that I'm not on my own!!

We go to Florida in just over 7 weeks time and my "Skinny" best friend is coming with us!!
I,m not really overweight but want to lose at least a stone so at least I look reasonable next to my friend!![msnwink]

Since my last child (now 3 years old) I have a "Jelly belly" and basically love my food too much!
I can't exercise like I used to as I have a back problem, hence the pounds have stayed on!!

Anyway I started just over 2 weeks ago now and have lost 4lbs[msnsmile2][msnsmile2]
...I'm drinking loads of water. This helps when your feeling hungry as it fills you up!!

Only problem is I'm forever tripping off to the loo[msnembarrased][msnembarrased]
.......(which does burn more calories climbing the stairs)[msnsmile2]

Sharon
[/quote]

That's good going in 2 weeks!!!

You say you can't excercise like you used to? If you can walk - powerwalk thats is, its as good as anything, you just need to get the heart rate up!! So go girl give it a try!! You will lose the lbs quicker and you will live longer!!!![msnwink]

LiesaAnna
20-01-2005, 00:23
will try harder![msnwink]

Sharon G
20-01-2005, 00:30
Thanks Lucy...I do walk alot as it is part of my Physio.

I will try the "power walk" though.

I'm trying extra hard this week to be good as I'm going out this Friday with aload of friends for a "Curry" night!!
And we all know how many calories those have don't we!![msnsad][msnsad]

Sharon

20-01-2005, 00:35
Thanks Lucy...I do walk alot as it is part of my Physio.

I will try the "power walk" though.

I'm trying extra hard this week to be good as I'm going out this Friday with aload of friends for a "Curry" night!!
And we all know how many calories those have don't we!![msnsad][msnsad]

Sharon
[/quote]

OMG Yes! But if you really good all week you will be fine just go for balti or rogan josh much less cals than korma or massala and have something like a tikka starter??

20-01-2005, 10:55
Morning dieters - lets be good today, think of the Florida sunshine and how much better we will all feel if we are slimmer when we next go!!!!

Have a thinner day now!!![clap][clap][clap]

Sally D
20-01-2005, 10:59
Good morning Lucy, I am going to be very good today and hopefully not think of food all day like yesterday.[msntongue]
I'm off to go and get my breakfast-yum.

20-01-2005, 11:03
Good morning Lucy, I am going to be very good today and hopefully not think of food all day like yesterday.[msntongue]
I'm off to go and get my breakfast-yum.
[/quote]

What yer having? Mines porridge with no sugar and skimmed milk works out to under 200 cals[msnsmile]

Sally D
20-01-2005, 11:31
Still not had it[msnsad], fed the children first. I think I will have a shape yoghurt and a slice of toast.

LiesaAnna
20-01-2005, 11:34
i have mine when kids are at school and its me time! no rushing!
tummys rumbling like mad! so guess its wanting grub!!! feel really good about this!!!!will have a good day hope everyone else does!!!! come on girls (and any boys?) we can do it!!!!!!![clap][clap][clap][clap][clap][clap][clap][clap]
[lucky][lucky][lucky][lucky][lucky][lucky]

20-01-2005, 15:13
i have mine when kids are at school and its me time! no rushing!
tummys rumbling like mad! so guess its wanting grub!!! feel really good about this!!!!will have a good day hope everyone else does!!!! come on girls (and any boys?) we can do it!!!!!!![clap][clap][clap][clap][clap][clap][clap][clap]
[lucky][lucky][lucky][lucky][lucky][lucky]
[/quote]

I feel the same way Liesa our 'Florida Lovers Healthy Eating and Exercise Plan' could be made into a DVD if we are all successful!!!

I still think we should get forum members to sponsor us???

LiesaAnna
20-01-2005, 15:24
lol!!!!! i feel good lal lalalalllalla that i knew that i should!!!am singing!!!!!!
florida babe thats me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
well soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

20-01-2005, 17:54
lol!!!!! i feel good lal lalalalllalla that i knew that i should!!!am singing!!!!!!
florida babe thats me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
well soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[/quote]

Hows its going - just had Florida style tuna salad for lunch - mid morning it was Floridian fuit smoothie LOL Trying to keep it themed as its a Orlando Villas in Florida forum LOL!!!!

LiesaAnna
20-01-2005, 18:04
well florida cheese on toast!2 slices and just had to have a few leftover roses chocs! but they all gone now so here we go.....................

20-01-2005, 18:13
well florida cheese on toast!2 slices and just had to have a few leftover roses chocs! but they all gone now so here we go.....................
[/quote]

Liesa!!! Cheese!!! Roses!!!! What are you like LOL!!!!

julieanne
20-01-2005, 18:21
[/quote]

Liesa!!! Cheese!!! Roses!!!! What are you like LOL!!!!
[/quote]

My thoughts exactly - you naughty girl [msnwink] [msnwink]

Liam_Sandie
20-01-2005, 18:49
Hi Ladies, mind if I join in???[msnembarrased] I am going to Florida in 10 weeks and joined WW 2 weeks ago, so desparately trying to lose a bit before I go. So far I have lost 6lbs so I am doing ok, but really would appreciate the encouragement of others doing it to, just to keep me going. Trying to kill myself in the process, I am just back from Body pump and I just know I am going to be sore tommorrow!![msncry] The things we do so that we can wear a pair or shorts and eat lots whilst on holiday....[angel]

Sally D
20-01-2005, 18:58
Liam Sandie, of course you can join us.[msnsmile2]
I have just been shopping and my trolley was full of fruit, veg, skimmed milk and low fat stuff, not the usual junk.[msntongue]
I did get the children crisps and chocholate biscuits for their lunch boxes but they were the lite ones. Had a good day so far, been too busy to think of food. Just hope that when I weigh myself on Wednesday I have lost some.

Sharon G
20-01-2005, 19:20
Just remember guys and girls..If your tempted by chocolate or biscuits etc......

,,,,ONE MOMENT ON THE LIPS, IS A LIFETIME ON YOUR HIPS!!!!!!...........(and the rest in my case)[msneek]

Just had to watch my youngest munching through a pack of crisps!!.........had a couple of pears instead[msnsmile2]

Sharon

Nostromo
20-01-2005, 20:00
Just remember guys and girls..If your tempted by chocolate or biscuits etc......

,,,,ONE MOMENT ON THE LIPS, IS A LIFETIME ON YOUR HIPS!!!!!!...........(and the rest in my case)[msneek]

Just had to watch my youngest munching through a pack of crisps!!.........had a couple of pears instead[msnsmile2]

Sharon

[/quote]

For a moment Sharon, I was going to warn you that this was a family forum, but then realised that you were talking about chocolates & biscuits. :D

20-01-2005, 20:24
I must admit crisps and choc biscuits are treats for my children they are not allowed them in school lunches at their school - all my kids have been senstive to E numbers additives etc and they would hyper if I let them have them every day!![msnsmile2]

KJH
20-01-2005, 23:11
Hi All,

Don't know how I missed everything from page 1, when I last looked. I have been sticking well to my diet.

Nostromo will be please to know, that I can eat brussel sprouts, hot, cold, with salad cream and vineger being my favourite.

This week, every evening I have had Stir fry veg with BRUSSEL SPROUTS.

Other half not impressed. But unlike others on here they do not give me wind.

Lunch, 2 crispbreads with low fat egg mayo.

2 ginger biscuits with a cuppa last thing.

I may stink, but I wanna be slim.[msnembarrased]

Kaz[msnwink]

Sally D
20-01-2005, 23:32
Well done Kaz, keep it up. I've had a good day and very feel positive. It helps knowing others are suffering with me.[msnwink]. Just think how good we will all look in Florida.

Liam_Sandie
20-01-2005, 23:41
I too went to Asda and spent a fortune on fruit and veg!!! Out with the choccies and in with the raisins and apples and......god i want chocolate!!!![msncry][msncry]

Sally D
20-01-2005, 23:50
No you don't want chocolate a nice bunch of grapes will be better.

LiesaAnna
20-01-2005, 23:55
am just back from Asda to,have bought loads of pasta and rice noodles style things for lunches, have done well today, and any of you that have done weight,watchers knows you can have small amounts of cheese and chocs! i did it before and lost weight, but lost interest on my own, i know what i am doing! the chocs have all gone now, and have just bought loads of lovely fruit!!!!!! and flavoured water!! i mean business!!!!!!
so gonna have low cal noodles or pasta,for dinner, not sure yet just filled up wiv an apple!
and i wore those choccies off looking after the baby this afternoon!!

Mrs-PRG7000
20-01-2005, 23:57
Would you mind if i joined in too. This is just what I need right now. I am not going to Florida til 2006, if hubby has his way it could be this year lol. So thought I would get a head start in case we do go again this year. I joined WW two weeks ago and put on a 1lb [msncry], don't ask me how but there was too many xmas goodies to eat still [msnwink]

Anyway this will be great support with a giggle at the same time.

Hope I can join in too

Lynn X

Sally D
21-01-2005, 00:00
Welcome to the OV slimming club Lynn.[msnsmile]

Ray&Sarah
21-01-2005, 00:01
My friend was a weight watchers leader, she had a sticker on her fridge which said, "I'm not over weight just under tall".[msnsmile2]

Liam_Sandie
21-01-2005, 00:02
Sally, have you got a CCTV in my kitchen... I just ate a bunch of grapes!!! now that is spooky!![msnsmile2]

Mrs-PRG7000
21-01-2005, 00:08
Thankyou for the welcome [beer] this is water not beer!!!

LiesaAnna
21-01-2005, 00:10
come on think of Florida!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
we CAN do this!!!!!!!!!

Sally D
21-01-2005, 00:13
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Liam_Sandie
Sally, have you got a CCTV in my kitchen... I just ate a bunch of grapes!!! now that is spooky!![msnsmile2]
[/quote]

See you never know who is watching you.[msntongue]

Sharon G
21-01-2005, 00:32
Evenings I find are the worst time for wanting to nibble!!
...Just eaten half a bag of carrots!!!....now looking like bugs bunny!![msneek][msneek]

Sharon

Liam_Sandie
21-01-2005, 00:37
Sharon I know what you mean, night is my worst time too!! I want a bar or chocolate or a glass of wine....or even....both!![}:)] now that sounds lovely...mmmmmmmmmmmm

Sharon G
21-01-2005, 00:48
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Liam_Sandie
Sharon I know what you mean, night is my worst time too!! I want a bar or chocolate or a glass of wine....or even....both!![}:)] now that sounds lovely...mmmmmmmmmmmm
[/quote]

....Sandie, Wine is my weakness!!!! but I've done really well this week and havn't had even a glass since Saturday night!![msnscared]

I drink red wine as well but am trying to convert to white wine as it has less calories.
On a night out now I'm drinking it with soda so it's quite refreshing![msnsmile2][msnwink]

Sharon

21-01-2005, 00:48
Good evening OV Slimming club members and Hello to our newest member Lynn!!

Well I have had such a good day today and I am so motivated!

I did my second 30 minute power walk/jog on my treadmill before cooking the evening meal - we had chicken breast with sun dried tomato topping and salad, going to have some grapes and satsumas later, I drank 2 litres of water today too so really pleased, and I have lost 2 lbs since Monday!!

[clap][clap][clap][clap][clap]

Sharon G
21-01-2005, 00:56
Thats great news Lucy[clap][clap]

.......I tried your suggestion of a power walk at lunchtime today!!
Only managed about 15 minutes but will try abit more each day!![msnsmile]

Sharon

21-01-2005, 01:05
Thats great news Lucy[clap][clap]

.......I tried your suggestion of a power walk at lunchtime today!!
Only managed about 15 minutes but will try abit more each day!![msnsmile]

Sharon
[/quote]

Thats great just increase it little by little and it makes such a difference!

Who mentioned chocolate still got loads in the fridge left over from Xmas so not going to touch it!! Im washing grapes as we speak, some for me and some for childrens lunch boxes!!!

julieanne
21-01-2005, 01:13
Well we're all being very good aren't we? ;)
I've had a good day too - porridge for brekkie, low cal egg mayonnaise on granary bread for lunch. An hour and a half in the gym followed by grilled salmon and veg
[:P]
Lots of water too [msnsmile2]
Weigh in tommorrow morning - so fingers crossed [msnscared]

21-01-2005, 01:25
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by julieanne
Well we're all being very good aren't we? ;)
I've had a good day too - porridge for brekkie, low cal egg mayonnaise on granary bread for lunch. An hour and a half in the gym followed by grilled salmon and veg
[:P]
Lots of water too [msnsmile2]
Weigh in tommorrow morning - so fingers crossed [msnscared]
[/quote]

Great news good luck with the weigh in tomorrow!!!![msnsmile2]

21-01-2005, 01:31
P.S If anyone wants to be put off junk food like MacDonalds watch a film called Supersize Me!!! Its a doc about a guy who eats nothing but MacDs for 30 days for breakfast, lunch and dinner plus all his drinks have to be from MacDs = he gets fat very fast and ill too!!! YUK!!!

Liam_Sandie
21-01-2005, 01:46
Sharon me too!!! I am on a night out tomorrow night so I have been saving my points so that I can have a few white wine and sodas...only thing is..Italian restuarants are a nightmare for findin something not to high in fat to eat, but nevermind I will find something, we still have to live after all....I will just need to be really good to make up for it[msnwink]

21-01-2005, 10:41
Come everyone lets have good day and Liesa no chocs!!!!![msnwink]

LiesaAnna
21-01-2005, 11:21
definately no chocs!!!!!!!!!!!!
feeling very good and am looking after the baby today so will burn off lots of fat am sure!!!!!!!!!!!!

florida florida!!!!!!we can do it!!!!!!!!

Sally D
21-01-2005, 12:12
Yes we are going to have a good day. I had a boiled egg and 2 dutch crispbakes for breakfast. I didn't know if an egg was good or bad, but it was nice.[msntongue]
We can do it[clap][clap][clap]

Liam_Sandie
21-01-2005, 12:57
Morning!!! Yes we are all going to have a good day today...Cereal, fresh orange and black coffee and I am feeling motivated[msnsmile] We can do this!![clap]
I am also sore, my Gutbuster class yesterday really worked and now I am suffering..[msnscared]

julieanne
21-01-2005, 13:14
[clap][clap] [clap][clap] [clap][clap]

Good news ladies - I lost 2lb this week [msnsmile2]

But it's going to be a struggle to be good ALL weekend [msnwink]

LiesaAnna
21-01-2005, 13:20
come on!!! we are all trusting each other so if you fail you are only letting yourselves down!!!WE CAN DO THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

florida!! florida!!!!!!!!![sporty][sporty][sporty][sporty][sporty]

Mrs-PRG7000
21-01-2005, 13:25
Hello Ladies

Thanks for the welcome Lucy and congrats on the losses so far. Weekends are always the hardest I have to agree, but doing WW I have saved some extra points for the weekend, so that I can have some wine or something delish :D

Ok breakfast I just eaten while typing up this, 2 slices of toast with marmite and a coffee. That should set me up till lunchtime, but if I get twitchy between I have made some homeade Vegetable soup, so I will just have a cup of that, its very filling

Good luck today girls

Lynn X

julieanne
21-01-2005, 13:28
I'm trying hard and I haven't even got a Florida trip to look forward too :(:(

LiesaAnna
21-01-2005, 13:32
julie think of the summer !!!!!!!!!!!!
you will look and feel better!!!!! and you know it........... so no yuk attitudes please!!!!!! we can and we will!!!!!!!!!!
just had wholemeal museli and flavoured water! yummy!!!!!
but i feel good!!!!!![msnwink]
have a good day girls......and any boys????

Nostromo
21-01-2005, 13:40
have a good day girls......and any boys????
[/quote]

Boys don't go on a diet, they just "watch what they eat" (and eat it all the same):D.

Sally D
21-01-2005, 13:56
[clap][clap]Well done Julieanne - 2lb brilliant[msnsmile2]

LiesaAnna
21-01-2005, 13:59
my hubby Steve and son Russ have started at weight,watchers this week, last night they took the dog for a long long walk!!! steady!!!!!!!!! if they lose more then me next week i'll go mad!!!!

julieanne
21-01-2005, 14:28
Thanks Sally - I'm chuffed :)

Liesa - what better incentive could you have?
You've got to beat 'em [msnwink]

chunkichik
21-01-2005, 19:47
my hubby Steve and son Russ have started at weight,watchers this week, last night they took the dog for a long long walk!!! steady!!!!!!!!! if they lose more then me next week i'll go mad!!!!
[/quote]

Liesa

Men always lose weight faster than women!!! ironic seeing everything else they do is twice as slow[msnsmile2]

21-01-2005, 22:13
Well OV slimming club members heres what I have eaten today

Breakfast - Porridge with skimmed

Mid morn - small fruit smoothie

Lunch - small greek salad

mid afternoon - 2 plums

Dinner - Chicken + veg stir fry

will have some fruit later, only cheat was a spoonful of cheesey mash I had made for the children!!! Drank lots of water too!!

Did 2 x 30 minutes on the treadmill too (knees are a bit sore and crunchie) Yes I have knees that crunch LOL!!!

We can and will do this!!!!!

LiesaAnna
21-01-2005, 22:54
good girl! mine is
brekkie wholewheat muesli
lunch cheese sarnie
dinner chips (very tiny portion) 2 chicken burgers oven cooked not fried! spagetti

naughty bits 1 small nestle milky bar, wore myself out by looking after my baby grandson, 1 yr, am worn out and 2 year old grandaughter staying the nite!!!!
i think i have been angelic!!!![angel][angel]

21-01-2005, 23:50
Just been on the scales and guess what I have lost another lb - thats 3 lbs since Monday!!!

Yippee[sporty][clap][beer]

KJH
22-01-2005, 00:39
HELP IT'S FRIDAY......HOW AM I GOING TO LAST THE EVENING WITHOUT A BAILEYS?

LiesaAnna
22-01-2005, 00:45
Just been on the scales and guess what I have lost another lb - thats 3 lbs since Monday!!!

[/quote]

Lucy your not supposed to get on the scales daily! if you waited for the end of the week then imagine how much you will see off!!!!
well done anyway!!!1 keep going.............. we can do it!!!!!!

22-01-2005, 00:49

[/quote]

Lucy your not supposed to get on the scales daily! if you waited for the end of the week then imagine how much you will see off!!!!
well done anyway!!!1 keep going.............. we can do it!!!!!!
[/quote]

I know but i couldnt resist!!!

LiesaAnna
22-01-2005, 00:51
i am fighting it!!!!!!

keep it up [clap][clap]

22-01-2005, 00:53
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by KJH
HELP IT'S FRIDAY......HOW AM I GOING TO LAST THE EVENING WITHOUT A BAILEYS?
[/quote]

Calories In Baileys Irish Cream

To find out how many calories in Baileys Irish Cream, see nutritional information below. Counting calories is an easy way to lose weight because it helps to monitor your daily calorie-intake and improve your eating habits.

Calories and Nutrition in Baileys Irish Cream

Food Quantity: 1 regular measure

Calories: 145!!!!

or

Calories in Bailey's Irish Cream

Manufactured by R & A Bailey & Co.

Nutrition Facts

Serving Size

Calories 94
Calories from Fat 52

% Daily Value*

Total Fat**5.8g
9%

**Saturated Fat**3.5g
17%

Cholesterol**136mg
45%

Sodium 33mg
1%

Total Carbohydrates 7.4g
2%

**Sugars 7.4g

Protein 0.0g

Hope these facts and figures help to curb your cravings!!![msnscared]

Ray&Sarah
22-01-2005, 02:20
Keep it up girls you are going well.[msnsmile2]

Sally D
22-01-2005, 02:29
Another good day, I am dying to weigh myself but have resisted so far. Will wait until Wednesday.
Well done everyone, keep it up[clap]
Liesa I got some weight watchers chips so I'm going to have chips one day too.[msntongue]
Tonight has been a bit hard as Friday is usually munchie night in this house, will have a pear instead[^]

KJH
22-01-2005, 02:31
NO, I drink it in half pint glasses with tonnes of ice.

So I had a very small one just to have a taste.[:O]

Kaz

LiesaAnna
22-01-2005, 12:40
well another day another diet day!!!!!!!!!

come on girls gonna have to go through this and get a list of whos doing it!
we are going to do this !!!!!!!!!

florida babes.................thats us[msnwink]

LiesaAnna
22-01-2005, 12:51
right so far!.............

Sally....
Liesa.....
Anita....
Kaz (kjh)....
Lucy....
Julie....
Kitty....
Jackie...
Sharon....
Sandie...
Lynn...
now you have been named but not shamed ........[grouphug][grouphug][grouphug][grouphug][grouphug][grouphug][grouphug][grouphug][grouphug][grouphug][grouphug]
now theres a group hug for everyone!

be good cos its for you and no one else.... if you get me drift........

Sally D
22-01-2005, 13:23
Yep, we can do it. We will be slim and healthy[sporty]
11 of us, plus my husband and 3 daughters, Liesa your Steve and Russ, thats 17 [clap]
We CAN do it.

LiesaAnna
22-01-2005, 13:30
and have ok'd it with the boss, as long as its kept on topic and not chit chat this is fine.........ok?
have DM'd you sally cos i really pleased.......... but wont say here that'll be for wed:D

Sally D
22-01-2005, 13:35
Thank you John[clap][clap][clap].

LiesaAnna
22-01-2005, 13:43
have just had brekkie, wholemeal museli, (not sure that a good idea for the weekend cos everyone else is home and when need to go) and my apple and mango flavoured water (very nice) am a happy bunny now! and i know the weight is coming off, have cheated and got on my scales and its moving in the right direction, but wont tell you all until wed, but i wont get on them again till then!
we can do it...........

22-01-2005, 13:44
Thank you John[clap][clap][clap].
[/quote]

Yes thanks John!

Why don't we re name the thread (if thats possible) to the OV Slimming Club or something similar??

LiesaAnna
22-01-2005, 14:08
sounds like a good idea! ask john......

Liam_Sandie
22-01-2005, 14:14
Morning everyone!! Well done Julie and Lucy on your weight loss its such a good feeling when you have been really good and can see the scales moving in the right direction!!
My next weigh in is Wednesday so fingers crossed[msnscared. A few glasses of wine and soda last night so have to be really good to make up for it.
Ok guys..we are going to have another good day![msnwink]

BTW - I agree that it would be a really good idea to change the topic to OV slimming club...as this thread will just going...and going...
Ok going for breakfast be back soon[msntongue]
Sand
x

22-01-2005, 15:09
sounds like a good idea! ask john......
[/quote]

I have DM'd John so fingers crossed[msnscared]

Mrs-PRG7000
22-01-2005, 16:40
Wow 11 of us, and yes this is just going to be an on and on thread, which is a good thing as we will all be healthy and fit and ready to hit Perkins again for some pancakes and syrup, without feeling guilty [laugh]

Got up late today and missed brekkie, and as we had a viewer coming to look over the bungalow we had to fit lunch in between clearing up, so I had a ham sandwich with low fat spread, and for tea I am debating whether to do steak and jacket potatoe.

Hubby has also been dieting, and at this rate he will overtake me as I have no metabolism through years of yoyo dieting, but its a slow process, and even if I lose a pound a week I will be happy as its going in the right direction

Anyway hope that you all have a great weekend, and keep on losing[drinkpepsi]

22-01-2005, 17:07
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Mrs-PRG7000
Wow 11 of us, and yes this is just going to be an on and on thread, which is a good thing as we will all be healthy and fit and ready to hit Perkins again for some pancakes and syrup, without feeling guilty [laugh]

Got up late today and missed brekkie, and as we had a viewer coming to look over the bungalow we had to fit lunch in between clearing up, so I had a ham sandwich with low fat spread, and for tea I am debating whether to do steak and jacket potatoe.

Hubby has also been dieting, and at this rate he will overtake me as I have no metabolism through years of yoyo dieting, but its a slow process, and even if I lose a pound a week I will be happy as its going in the right direction

Anyway hope that you all have a great weekend, and keep on losing[drinkpepsi]
[/quote]

The quickest way to reverse the effects of yo yo deiting is to exercise - start slow and work up to it slowly. Get a heart rate monitor and just by walking fast and raising your heart rate will speed up your met rate[msnsmile2]

LiesaAnna
22-01-2005, 17:17
Thanks for changing it John(?)
well so far so good!
[grouphug]

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
22-01-2005, 17:20
OV Slimming Club it is [msnsmile2]

Liam_Sandie
22-01-2005, 17:36
Thanks John:D Now its official![msnwink]

KJH
22-01-2005, 17:44
I was using a pedometer until I went to use the loo and it fell off my waistband into the water and hasn't worked since. £15 down the drain so to speak.[msnembarrased]

Kaz

LiesaAnna
22-01-2005, 18:01
oh kaz it can only be you! hows the dieting going?
i just ate 4 chocs and they were goooooorgeoussssssss!
i am allowed!

Liam_Sandie
22-01-2005, 18:32
Aww Kaz what a shame [msnsad]...did you find it useful?

22-01-2005, 19:55
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by floridadreamvilla.co.uk
OV Slimming Club it is [msnsmile2]
[/quote]

Thanks John!![clap]

Sally D
22-01-2005, 20:09
OV Slimming Club, yes that sounds good, thanks John[clap]

OK today I had cornflakes with no sugar and 2 dutch crispbakes with marmite for breakfast, lunch was pitta bread stuffed with salad and a little bit of ham and an orange. I have just eaten a banana and for dinner I am having chicken breasts, with sweet and sour sauce (have checked and it's low calories and fat) with rice. May have a mullerlite yoghurt after.
Finding it fairly easy, think it's all the encouragement from here, thanks ladies.[clap][clap]

22-01-2005, 20:14
oh kaz it can only be you! hows the dieting going?
i just ate 4 chocs and they were goooooorgeoussssssss!
i am allowed!
[/quote]

I find I have to cut out chocs completely otherwise I get cravings for sweet things, I am usng fruit instead, found some nice red seedless grapes in Sainsburys and they are gorgeous, got plums and some clementines!

I am going to shift the baby flab once and for all this year![msnsmile2]

Sally D
22-01-2005, 20:16
If I had one chocolate I would have to eat the whole box[msntongue]

KJH
22-01-2005, 20:39
The pedometer was useful, because you are supposed to do a min of 10,000 steps per day. It was fun seeing which activities had you walking the most. Corridors at school are great for notching up.

Liesa, I have been good, 1 slice toast, 1 slice well grilled bacon, 2 crispbreads with wafer thin turkey and a dash of piccalilli.

Feeling thirsty all the time though.

Keep up the good work girlies..and gents if you are secretly joining in.[msnwink]

Kaz

22-01-2005, 21:25
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by KJH
The pedometer was useful, because you are supposed to do a min of 10,000 steps per day. It was fun seeing which activities had you walking the most. Corridors at school are great for notching up.

Liesa, I have been good, 1 slice toast, 1 slice well grilled bacon, 2 crispbreads with wafer thin turkey and a dash of piccalilli.

Feeling thirsty all the time though.

Keep up the good work girlies..and gents if you are secretly joining in.[msnwink]

Kaz
[/quote]

Don't forget the water then KJH!

I would like to try a pedometer like you say just to see how many steps I take - Im doing up to 60 minutes a day on the treadmill so I hope Im doing enough[msnscared]

22-01-2005, 21:44
Found this article thought it was interesting?????

Questions about Your Body and Weight Loss

How can I raise my metabolism?

Metabolism is the process by which our bodies combine nutrients with oxygen to produce the energy they require to keep running. This energy is measured in calories, and calories are to our bodies what gasoline is to a car.

When our main source of energy, our blood sugar (glucose), runs low, the process of metabolism turns to our body fat for energy. Conversely, when our supply of blood sugar runs high, the process of metabolism stores excess "energy" by turning it into body fat to be used another time. Or, all too often, just left to sit there.

Our Calories Burned, BMI, BMR & RMR Calculator uses your sex, age, height and weight to estimate your RMR (Resting Metabolic Rate), the number of calories you would burn if you were to do nothing but rest for 24 hours. This represents the minimum amount of energy required to keep your body functioning, including your heart beating, lungs breathing, and body temperature normal.

When we exercise, our bodies require more energy and our metabolism speeds up to supply it. But most of the time we are not very active, and this is the reason people want to raise their metabolism. They want to burn more calories when they are doing very little, even just sitting or sleeping.

More Efficient?

Articles written on the subject of raising metabolism often suggest that an increased metabolism is more efficient because it burns calories faster. This is true if your goal is to lose weight. But it is interesting to note that an increased metabolism is actually less efficient, requiring more food to maintain body weight. This goes against nature's design for survival.

Even more important is the observation that an increased metabolism has been shown to cause premature aging. One has to ask themselves whether they are willing to have their body run like a car in neutral with its engine racing. The alternative, eating healthy foods in reasonable quantities and exercising on a regular basis, would seem the healthier choice.

Raising Your Metabolism

We suggest that you speak with a doctor before turning to artificial means such as drugs or herbs to raise your metabolism. And if you're attracted to gimmicks like eating hot spices, drinking cold water, or chewing gum, you might want to speak to a therapist that specializes in eating disorders.

The following topics present ways in which your metabolism can be increased naturally through healthy living.

Eat Frequently

Never skip a meal, and eat healthy snacks between meals. Eating frequently prevents hunger pangs, provides consistent energy, and maintains metabolism efficiency. Our bodies were designed with the survival mechanism of hoarding fat to protect us from famine. When we skip a meal or go on a crash diet, our bodies think they're starving and slow down our metabolism to conserve energy. What is conserved is our fat stores; our weight loss comes from water and muscle.

It is often suggested that to raise our metabolism we should eat five or six times a day, three meals with healthy snacks in between. The reason is that eating raises our metabolism, and so the theory is that if we eat many times during the day it will keep our metabolism running high.

Should you choose to practice this, remember that it was probably snacking between meals that caused you to become overweight in the first place. It will be very important that the snacks are healthy, and that the meal sizes are reduced to compensate for the additional calories the snacks provide.

Exercise Regularly

Dieting or restricting your caloric intake can cause your metabolism to slow down. Exercising can help to reduce this effect.

At home, at the gym, playing sports, participate in both aerobic and strength building activities on a regular basis. Not only does the exercise itself increase your metabolism, but your metabolism will remain at an increased rate for a significant period after you stop exercising.

Exercise

LiesaAnna
22-01-2005, 22:04
thats alot to swallow Lucy!!

anyway yes i had chocs but they to have all gone now! so unless i take from the baby! none left!
have been good, had a low fat soup style thing from asda at lunch time followed by an apple, and felt really good, now to look for dinner!

pedometers are ok but we found they moved in or two steps on their own at times when we were sitting, rubbish quality maybe?
another tip i was told when you drink loads of water obviously it makes you spend many pennies have a pen and paper at the top of the stairs and tick the paper and then you can see how much you have run up and down! i might just try this[msnwink]

22-01-2005, 22:13
thats alot to swallow Lucy!!

I know TeeHee LOL!!!!

Just having my sun dried tom chicken breats and a nice mixed salad, had porridge for breakfast and some crispbreads for lunch as I was not very hungry but I have been on the treadmill every day this week!

Going to have yet more fruit later[msneek]

LiesaAnna
22-01-2005, 22:21
well done!!!!!

keep it up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
keep going with the treadmill.........[sporty][sporty][sporty]

22-01-2005, 22:23
well done!!!!!

keep it up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
keep going with the treadmill.........[sporty][sporty][sporty]
[/quote]

I will, hubby goes mad if I don't use it as it cost so much and it takes up space in our hall!!!!

linsan
23-01-2005, 00:01
Hi have just read the thread and it's just the incentive to get me on a diet. I'm desperate to lose weight especially for my wedding which should have been June this year at our villa but is now going to be next January (villa delayed!). This gives me a year to lose over seven stones which is 7 x 14 = 98lbs /52 = 1.9lbs per week. Doesn't sound too bad put like that - much better than 7 stone!
Could I possibly join too? Have seemed to diet on and off all my life but usually more off than on[ msnsad]. One of my favourite tips is to freeze bananas (peeled) and then eat them frozen like an ice pop. They take ages to eat and are good for those mid meal snacks. Another is have lots of carrot sticks, celery and cucumber sticks in the frig. they're also great with some salsa dip made from chopped tomatoes, onions and some chilli powder. I also make a big pan of vegetable soup which, in the early days in particular when all I can think about is eating, I have every time I'm hungry or just want to eat!
I find the biggest problem with dieting is getting motivated in the first place (thanks to this thread that now happened) and keeping motivated which I hope will again be with the help of this thread.
Anyone else got any tips?

linsan
23-01-2005, 00:02
Hi have just read the thread and it's just the incentive to get me on a diet. I'm desperate to lose weight especially for my wedding which should have been June this year at our villa but is now going to be next January (villa delayed!). This gives me a year to lose over seven stones which is 7 x 14 = 98lbs /52 = 1.9lbs per week. Doesn't sound too bad put like that - much better than 7 stone!
Could I possibly join too? Have seemed to diet on and off all my life but usually more off than on[msnsad]. One of my favourite tips is to freeze bananas (peeled) and then eat them frozen like an ice pop. They take ages to eat and are good for those mid meal snacks. Another is have lots of carrot sticks, celery and cucumber sticks in the frig. they're also great with some salsa dip made from chopped tomatoes, onions and some chilli powder. I also make a big pan of vegetable soup which, in the early days in particular when all I can think about is eating, I have every time I'm hungry or just want to eat!
I find the biggest problem with dieting is getting motivated in the first place (thanks to this thread that now happened) and keeping motivated which I hope will again be with the help of this thread.

LiesaAnna
23-01-2005, 00:22
Hi Linda
its a pleasure unfortunately for you to join us!!!
we will cheer each other on!!!! and when its hard going and your bored and want to pick come in here and you know me!!or one of the others will be around to chat to and it goes along way to know others care! and are going through the same thing! we can and will do this, i have 7 stone that could do with shifting!!! so lets help each other!!!!!![sporty][lucky]
[msnwink]

23-01-2005, 00:31
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by linsan
Could I possibly join too? Have seemed to diet on and off all my life but usually more off than on[msnsad]. One of my favourite tips is to freeze bananas (peeled) and then eat them frozen like an ice pop. They take ages to eat and are good for those mid meal snacks. Another is have lots of carrot sticks, celery and cucumber sticks in the frig. they're also great with some salsa dip made from chopped tomatoes, onions and some chilli powder. I also make a big pan of vegetable soup which, in the early days in particular when all I can think about is eating, I have every time I'm hungry or just want to eat!

[/quote]

Linda

Welcome to the OV Slimming Club!!!

What a great tip with the bananas LOL!!

My tip would be to combine healthy eating for life with exercise I really think it is the only way if we all want to be trim forever.

If it helps you after my number 2 baby (I have 5 children) I put on 5 1/2 stone so
after she was born I had 4 1/2 stone to lose, as I was cabin crew for BA I had 6 months before I had to go back to work and fit into my uniform (they were on a heath kick at the time and would not give out bigger uniforms), so I did it with the help of WW, I lost 4/1/2 stone in 5 months and stayed slim for the next 8 years before I had my next baby!

You will do it no problem in time for your wedding and we will all help to keep you motivated!![msnwink]

Sally D
23-01-2005, 00:36
[clap][clap]Good on you Linda. You have got a year to shift the weight and we are all here to motivate each other.
Welcome to OV Slimming Club[grouphug]

chunkichik
23-01-2005, 00:41
Well done everyone so far!!!!, I am going to share a tip with you, which at first may seem rather sad, but its good.

If you really really have to have chocolate, (which I often do) buy a cadburys flake then crush it into pieces and then put it on a plate, have a sit down and just dip your finger in the flake and eat it, it makes it last longer, you enjoy it more and its a little bit of me time too!!!!

Anita

LiesaAnna
23-01-2005, 01:45
yes but how about crush the flake, and freeze the banana and dip it into the crushed choc!!![msnembarrased] i think the frozen banana sounds great must try it! but grandaughter started peeling my bananas so must buy some more! she ate my clematines and apples to!!! so must renew friut bowl tomorrow!!!!
am really enjoying flavoured water been drinking a glass before dinner so feel really full as my plate is smaller!:D

KJH
23-01-2005, 02:55
Liesa be careful with the flavoured water, there was an article in a magazine this week comparing water. Some had loads of calories in.

KAZ

chunkichik
23-01-2005, 03:16
Yes, I found this out to my cost with the volvic touch of fruit i think it is called, I was following the slimming world plan at the time and we were allowed 10 sins a day and I was merrily drinking two litres of this stuff a day and was pleasantly surprised that is didn't have that horrible sacchirin taste.

The reason being it was 18 sins a litre!!!!

Its not fair, nothing thats good for you ever tastes as good[msncry]

Liam_Sandie
23-01-2005, 14:28
Morning everyone! how are we this morning? Hi Linda and welcome to the group [grouphug]
Ok..cereal, fresh orange and coffee for me this morning so I am feeling motivated [angel]

Sally D
23-01-2005, 22:36
Hope you are all having another good day, I am. Looking forward to Wednesday to see how much I have lost.[msnsmile2]

julieanne
24-01-2005, 00:20
Hi everyone - glad you joined us Linda :)
Thanks to John for allowing us to have thei OV Slimming Club

Food wise I have been really really good all weekend [msnsmile] but have had several glassses of wine and soda [beer]. But that is better than the pints of beer I would normally have drank [beer]

I add some cranberry juice to my water - makes it taste better and the cranberry is supposed to be good for you too
[msntongue]

Liam_Sandie
24-01-2005, 00:30
Julie, wine and soda is definatley better that beer,so well done!![clap]

I never thought about putting cranberry in water, must try it as I get fed up drinking water on its own. I've been good today, long may it last!!

Sally my weigh in is on Wednesday too, so I will keep my fingers crossed for both of us[msnscared]

LiesaAnna
24-01-2005, 01:23
well, the grandbabies first birthday party, havent had much time to myself! have been running around like a headless chicken so that probably helped ! i did pick at titbits you know party food! but not as much as i wouldve done, the diet is on my mind all the time , so altho far from angelic not as bad as..............
am looking forward to wednesday! keep it up everyone!![clap][sporty][sporty]

Liam_Sandie
24-01-2005, 01:50
Leisa it is really difficult when its kids birthday parties and family get-togethers, it is so tempting. So well done for not going to mad! [msnsmile] didn't realise Wednesday was D-Day for you too... we will either all be bursting to come on and let everyone know or we will be depressed!!! [msnscared]

LiesaAnna
24-01-2005, 01:55
we can and will do it! this time......:D

Liam_Sandie
24-01-2005, 01:57
Yes you are right!! PMA - Positive Mental Attitude!:D[8D]:)

Sally D
24-01-2005, 02:01
[clap][clap]Here's to Wednesday[clap][clap]

Liam_Sandie
24-01-2005, 02:14
I'm looking forward to it, but dreading it at the same time..I have been so good and if I go and have not lost anything I know I will be deflated[msnscared] But I have to keep going, 10 weeks to go so I must stay motivated![msneek]

LiesaAnna
24-01-2005, 02:28
yes but do you know it may not come off this week but next week! you must do it we are all with you on this one! and if i can do it then so can you,

but what really makes me mad is i gave up smoking 20 years ago cos i was fed up with it! then when at times i fancied one i really had to brainwash myself and say NO, i CANNOT smoke now and sometimes wish i could have one, why cant my willpower be like that now!

would give anything to weigh less then i do, but i want to so much, hopefully with the help of all of you, we can help each other!!!...... when you feel like picking start typing!!!!!!!!

i can and i will!!!!!![lucky]

Liam_Sandie
24-01-2005, 02:51
Thanks Liesa, its great to have support from others who appreciate just how difficult it is!:)

You have achieved one of the hardest things of all, you gave up smoking!!! So you can definately lose weight, we are all in this together[grouphug][grouphug][grouphug][grouphug][grouphug][grouphug]

Better scoot, school clothes to organise for the kids, and back to work unfortunately :(I'll log on tomorrow night to see how everyone is doing, have a good day[msnwink]

KJH
24-01-2005, 03:29
Ate a crunchie for breakfast at 2pm, just got in from football with Alfie, and cracked up.[}:)] Steak and salad at mother-in laws, No cheese and biscuits after.

SOOOOOOOOOO busy trying to get ready for the holiday and work tomorrow and rest of week (planning etc) and sort out bookings for my villa

Soooooooooooo little time

24-01-2005, 10:34
Morning everyone, welldone for being good his weekend and we can and will do it!!

I was really good yesterday got up late so had scambled egg on one sice of wholemeal toast, no lunch because we were out in the sunshine stopped at a tea room so had a hot choclate made with skimmed but no lunch then had tuna salad in the evening with lots of grapes and satsumas after then hubby got out the cadburys heros but I only had 2[msnscared] really cross though as I wouldn't have had any if he hadn't got them out[V]

Still going to have a good week arnt we!!![grouphug]

LiesaAnna
24-01-2005, 11:23
yes but Lucy see it as a treat! and as you have been so good i think you can safely say you deserve them! dont beat yourself up over it!!!

none today or an extra 10 mins on the exercise bike!!!!!

well done!!!!!
i actually find myself looking forward to every day and talking about it! where as before dieting was a no go! but now its more fun!!!!

come on girls WE CAN DO IT !!!!!!!!!

florida babes!!!!![msnwink]

julieanne
24-01-2005, 12:53
You mean you're enjoying this health food Liesa [?][xx(]

Seriously it's not that bad - I'm quite enjoying planning different menus

You weren't here when I was last night - glad you enjoyed the party [msnsmile2]:)

Sally D
24-01-2005, 13:23
Instead of driving to school everyday we have been walking, 3 mile round trip for me. Apart from being frozen this morning I enjoyed it. Feel good about today and I am enjoying all this healthy eating. I plan meals the day before then it is not a last minute look in the freezer and then end up grabbing a pizza!!!!!!!!!!
Come on ladies[sporty][sporty][beer]

LiesaAnna
24-01-2005, 16:17
well done sally! wish i could walk around the school! knee, say no more! but lets hope some weight off may help?????? wont hurt to try!
i am having a boiled egg sarnie! and enjoying every bit of it! yummy!!!

Sharon G
24-01-2005, 16:21
Hi again ladies....beeen away from forum last couple of days due to working shifts!!.....this makes it harder for me with regards to regular meal times!!

Anyway, I,ve been really good this weekend apart from Friday night when I had my curry[msneek][msneek]....I took the advice and had a low calorie one (Rogon Gosh/josh!!!!!) instead of my normal Masala!!!

I havn't weighed myself yet this week and am holding out till Friday to do so!![msnscared]...but this morning I've gone to put my newly washed jeans on ((,,,,,and we all know what the're like to get on when the've shrunk after being washed!!) ....and I've got them straight on without all the tugging and ranting!!)[msnsmile2][msnsmile2]
....so my curry night wasn't that bad [msnsmile2]

Sharon

julieanne
24-01-2005, 16:38
Well done with the jeans Sharon - I get weighed on Fridays too, so fingers crossed eh?

Liesa I'm having an egg sarnie as I type [grin]

Sally D
24-01-2005, 16:54
OK, just had crispbreads with thin slice of ham, but I CONFESS, I then ate a mini choc roll, it was screaming eat me!!!!!!!!!!!, thats the only time I have cheated and now feel guilty.[msnmad]

Sharon G
24-01-2005, 17:07
OK, just had crispbreads with thin slice of ham, but I CONFESS, I then ate a mini choch roll, it was screaming eat me!!!!!!!!!!!, thats the only time I have cheated and now feel guilty.[msnmad]
[/quote]
.....Sally, you'll just have to run up and down the stairs a few times extra to burn the calories off from the choc roll!!!

Sharon

julieanne
24-01-2005, 17:08
Don't worry Sally I'm sure a <span style="color:red">little</span id="red"> treat now and then won't do too much harm.
Not as much as all the wine I drank Friday and Saturday nights [msnembarrased] [msneek]

LiesaAnna
24-01-2005, 17:49
i to had a classic choc bar screaming from the fridge! "eat me, eat me" so i obliged!
and i dont feel guilty! must have a little something from time to time, we are only human!!!!...............arent we?????????[msnwink]

Sally D
24-01-2005, 18:03
You are right, a little treat shouldn't do too much damage[msnwink]
Since I ate that I have been charging around trying to get a few things done so may of worked if off (or some of it)[msntongue]

Sharon G
24-01-2005, 18:42
......just made a coffee and resisted the biscuit tin!!!!

......I've put a photo of a very fat lady on it to remind me why to avoid eating biscuits!!!!!!! (IT DOES WORK)[msnsmile2]

Sharon

LiesaAnna
24-01-2005, 19:32
good girls!!!!!!
we can and we will do it...........[clap]

Michele L
24-01-2005, 21:21
Hi everyone

As I am getting married in 4 months 2 days I am going to monitor this website. I have decided not to weigh myself as it can be a bit depressing, I will go from the tightness/looseness of my clothes. Remember muscle weighs more than fat!!

Got the dress already, we are getting married in florida - so I am hoping that it will have to be taken in! Wedding dresses are so cheap out there if I am lucky enough to lose weight and they cannot take the dress in i will buy another as I feel i would have deserved it!

fingers crossed - I am going to go for the Low carb/Atkins and try to walk everywhere instead of getting in the car. also I am going to go to my expensive gym and go for it!!

I am 38 years old and it is my 1st wedding (hopefully lasT!!) and I do not want anyone who i haven't seen for a while going "OOhhh hasn't she put a bit of weight on, she used to be so skinny"

Wish me luck girls and keep up the good work, I will keep you posted!

Michele

Liam_Sandie
24-01-2005, 23:03
Hi everyone!! Welcome on board Michele, its really good to have an incentive it will keep you going![msnsmile2]

Had a good day today....cereal at breakfast, a salad sandwich and fruit at lunch and chilli in a baked potato for tea! I was working today and I think its easier as I don't have time to think about food[msnwink]
I have even started using the stairs, not something I would have even considered before, so it must be a new me!!:D Two whole flights at a time, mind you I can hardly hold a conversation by the time I get to the top, but I it will do me good![sporty][sporty][sporty]

Ok Ladies, keep it up, we are really being good here, WE WILL be Floria Babes!![grouphug][grouphug][grouphug][grouphug][grouphug]

25-01-2005, 01:24
Evening ladies!

Glad you have all had a good day!

Mine has been very rushed but I have managed to keep to it, had porridge this morning, took children to school went to sainsburys then had a hours workout with the personal trainer then had to rush to the shops 3 y/o in tow to get some new shoes for a business meeting later, missed lunch so grabbed some dry crackers and a skinny latte, 3 y/o had a Thorntons icecream and I didn't even have a lick, then got children from school, back home, got them tea then had to shower ready for my meeting at 5.30, luckily it was only 5 minutes drive away, went to the meeting for an hour then back home in time to put children to bed, had prawn and avocado salad on one slice of wholemeal bread - I was so hungry! As you can tell from this post Im still at 100 miles an hour as my feet havent touch the ground today!!

So going to get a diet coke with lots of ice and lemon and going in the lounge to watch a movie on the big screen!!

See you all tomorrow! Keep up the good work - We will all be Florida babes at the end of this[grouphug]

KJH
25-01-2005, 03:59
Hi ALL

Late again, still rushing. been good, catch up 2morrow

Kaz

25-01-2005, 10:54
Ive have been up since 6am again girls but hope my day is a bit less rushed than yesterday!

Have a good day now [grouphug][grouphug][grouphug][grouphug]

LiesaAnna
25-01-2005, 11:18
we can do it!................we will do it...............[clap]

go for it michele...........you can do it...............

julieanne
25-01-2005, 13:09
Welcome Michele. At least you have a great incentive [msnwink]

Sally D
25-01-2005, 13:39
Welcome Michele.
Hope everyone has a good day.[grouphug]

25-01-2005, 15:08
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Michele L
Hi everyone

As I am getting married in 4 months 2 days I am going to monitor this website. I have decided not to weigh myself as it can be a bit depressing, I will go from the tightness/looseness of my clothes. Remember muscle weighs more than fat!!

Got the dress already, we are getting married in florida - so I am hoping that it will have to be taken in! Wedding dresses are so cheap out there if I am lucky enough to lose weight and they cannot take the dress in i will buy another as I feel i would have deserved it!

fingers crossed - I am going to go for the Low carb/Atkins and try to walk everywhere instead of getting in the car. also I am going to go to my expensive gym and go for it!!

I am 38 years old and it is my 1st wedding (hopefully lasT!!) and I do not want anyone who i haven't seen for a while going "OOhhh hasn't she put a bit of weight on, she used to be so skinny"

Wish me luck girls and keep up the good work, I will keep you posted!

Michele
[/quote]

Good luck and welcome Michele[msnsmile]

timfawson
25-01-2005, 15:31
Morning fellow Orlando babes !!!! just been to get weighed and lost 1 1/2 pounds last week !!!!!!
Think I will celebrate by having a cake .

Jackie

julieanne
25-01-2005, 15:57
Morning fellow Orlando babes !!!! just been to get weighed and lost 1 1/2 pounds last week !!!!!!
<span style="color:red">Think I will celebrate by having a cake .</span id="red">

Jackie
[/quote]

Make sure it's only one [msnwink] [msntongue]

25-01-2005, 16:59

Jackie
[/quote]

[clap][clap][clap][clap][clap][clap][clap][clap]

Not too much cake now[msnwink]

Sally D
25-01-2005, 17:01

Jackie
[/quote]

Well done Jackie
[clap][clap][clap][clap]
Keep it up

LiesaAnna
25-01-2005, 18:29

Jackie
[/quote]

good girl, have a cake but a very small one!!!!! dont put it back on for the sake of 1 cake![clap]

Michele L
25-01-2005, 20:46
Hi everyone

Just got back from the gym - a bit disappointed as I only did 1/2 an hour but as I have a headache I thought it was better than nothing.

I also weighed myself even though I was not going to and was actually surprised as I was 6lbs lighter than what I thought so I feel much better!!

:D:D

Got a friend coming around tonight who is fit, she is running the marathon in april, so she is going to drag me to the gym for longer workouts!

Also found that as I am cutting out bread, rice and pasta/potatoes I think this is helping as well (especially bread)

Keep going and I will keep you updated (jeans still do not feel loose though)

Michele

daisy
25-01-2005, 22:32
hi everyone and michele i also get married in 5 months time in florida !!!! have just been reading this thread and it has shocked me to realise that it is only 5 months away am now panicking as my dress is hung up in my spare room and i need to loose a lot to be able to get into it oh dear ![msnembarrased].january has seemed to go very fast this year am just about to go shopping will be buying salad now not a creame egg as intended !!!! good luck to everyone who is doing this it is a really good idea xx

Michele L
25-01-2005, 22:43
Hi Daisy

what date is your wedding and where are you getting married?

Mine is 26th May and I am getting married in Sarasota, but staying at my villa first, along with a few friends and relatives

good Luck and as i said before wedding dresses are so much cheaper in Florida so don't despair

Michele

25-01-2005, 22:57
Hello OV Slimming Club members!

Suffering big time from all the new weight training exercises I did yesterday - Im sooooo stiff!!! Only managed 30 mins on the treadmill today[msnsad]

Not had a perfect day but lost 3 lbs in my first week so really pleased!! Next weigh in is Monday!

Good luck to everyone who has a weigh-in tomorrow!!!!

Sally D
25-01-2005, 23:11
3lb Lucy, thats great[clap][clap].
Welcome to Daisy, like us all you have an incentive.
Went to Iceland today and all weight watchers meals are £1 also steamfresh meals are bogof had one tonight, thai chicken with rice and it was nice, only about 330 cals.
Heres to tomorrow[clap]

LiesaAnna
25-01-2005, 23:25
well done to you all so far!![msnwink]

25-01-2005, 23:59
3lb Lucy, thats great[clap][clap].
Welcome to Daisy, like us all you have an incentive.
Went to Iceland today and all weight watchers meals are £1 also steamfresh meals are bogof had one tonight, thai chicken with rice and it was nice, only about 330 cals.
Heres to tomorrow[clap]
[/quote]

Thank you!!

Sharon G
26-01-2005, 00:16
Hi Girls,

I,ve been trying the "Kellogs" crunchy nut cereals for breakfast and lunch for the past couple of days (you know the one , drop a jeans size in 2 weeks)!!!...I,m wishing!!

Anyway you look forward to your evening meal more which tonight I made a low fat Spagetti dish ( I didn't have the pasta)

....the only thing was a HAD to have a small glass of red wine to help it go down!!!![msnscared][msnscared]

Sharon

LiesaAnna
26-01-2005, 00:35
its alright dieting, but really its more changing your eating habits forever, not just so we fit in the seats on the plane better or jeans fit better, if we can do it for days, weeks months then why not all the time! we are all finding different ways of making interesting meals, (memo to me bananas to freeze)
i so want to go down at least 1 dress size! its not to much to ask is it?[msnwink]

KJH
26-01-2005, 02:42
Today:

1slice toast
2 crispbreads with 6 crabsticks
very small portion of home made curry and rice, on a side plate.

Now starving

Just had a cup of tea with 2 gingernuts

Well done everyone

Kaz[msntongue]

Liam_Sandie
26-01-2005, 02:52
Evening everyone!! Well done everyone on their weight loss, thats fantastic news!! It gives you a real boost and makes it all worthwhile..so keep it up!![clap][clap][grouphug][grouphug]
Had a good day today, although it was my Dad's birthday and we went out for a meal, so it was tough trying to get something to suit, I just hope it hasn't mucked things up too much, my weight in is tomorrow, so fingers crossed!! Keep it up guys, we should all be very proud of ourselves! Talk to you tomorrow...good luck anyone who is being weighed, will log on to see how everyone got on...xx[lucky][lucky]

26-01-2005, 10:52
Morning everyone,

Liesa you are right it has to be a lifestyle change not a diet otherwise we will just put it all back on - I want to get back to a size 10-12 permenantly and this year Im going to do it!

Apparently the reason I had a worse day yesterday was because on Monday I had worked all the muscles to failure so they were screaming for energy yesterday![msnscared]

Anyway I have just done 30 mins on the treadmill and the muscles are a bit better so come on girls lets ALL have a really good day and lose them lbs[clap][clap][clap]

Sally D
26-01-2005, 10:58
Just weighed myself and I have lost .......................

5 lb

I knew I had lost some but not that much. I am so pleased, all the hard work has paid off. Thanks ladies your encouragement has helped.

[clap][clap][clap][clap]

Cruella DeVilla
26-01-2005, 11:25
Hi Girls,

I,ve been trying the "Kellogs" crunchy nut cereals for breakfast and lunch for the past couple of days (you know the one , drop a jeans size in 2 weeks)!!!...I,m wishing!!

Sharon
[/quote]

Sharon,
Mr CDV has been doing the Kellogs thing, I would be starving!!!!
Might see how well he does and force myself into it.

I agree about the lifestyle change. I lost 3 stone when I was younder but needless to say it went back on..all these blinkin trips to the States.

I canot diet as soon as I think about it all I want to do is eat. I just try to eat healthy. Our biggest problem is getting the munchies at around 9 o'oclock. We both need to loose a couple of stone really...wish I could be brave enough to have liposuction;)

Keep up the good work girls, I shall pop back periodically to see how you are all doing!

LiesaAnna
26-01-2005, 11:37
Just weighed myself and I have lost .......................

5 lb

I knew I had lost some but not that much. I am so pleased, all the hard work has paid off. Thanks ladies your encouragement has helped.

[clap][clap][clap][clap]
[/quote]

Sally! that is great!!! keep going!!!:)
as you know i had a good weight loss last week! and am not expecting much this week altho i have done well, just that blooming party on sunday! wasnt aware of going OTT but as i sneakly got on my scales (due weigh wiv nurse today) got a shock, hopefully i will have lost a 1lb........watch this space .......or maybe not[msnwink]

LiesaAnna
26-01-2005, 13:19
just back from the nurse..........

<span style="color:red">2 lb </span id="red"> <span style="color:blue">off!!!!!!!!</span id="blue">

am very happy!!!!!! total in 2 weeks so far.....9lb
[clap][clap][clap][clap][clap][clap][clap]

[lucky]
be lucky girls!

julieanne
26-01-2005, 13:31
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Michele L
Hi Daisy

what date is your wedding and where are you getting married?

<span style="color:red">Mine is 26th May and I am getting married in Sarasota</span id="red">, but staying at my villa first, along with a few friends and relatives

good Luck and as i said before wedding dresses are so much cheaper in Florida so don't despair

Michele
[/quote]

Congratulations on your upcoming wedding Michele [msnsmile2]

I just love Sarasota - what a great place to be getting married.

Keep up the good work [clap] [clap]

Sally D
26-01-2005, 13:37
just back from the nurse..........

<span style="color:red">2 lb </span id="red"> <span style="color:blue">off!!!!!!!!</span id="blue">

am very happy!!!!!! total in 2 weeks so far.....9lb
[clap][clap][clap][clap][clap][clap][clap]

[lucky]
be lucky girls!
[/quote]

Well done Liesa, keep it up, be good today.

julieanne
26-01-2005, 14:02
Well done Liesa [clap] [clap] [clap] [clap] [clap] [clap]

And you are so right - we have to think of changing eating habits - not just short term dieting.
Healthy eating means more fruit, veg and protein. But we can't permanently cut out alcohol, carbs and sweet things [msnwink]
It's a good idea to do without them while trying to lose weight initially but not for the rest of your life [msnscared] [msneek] [msnoo]
Also more excercise - I go to the gym regularly, I know that's not for everyone but just walking a little further than you usually would helps and even doing housework, ironing and gardening [msnoo] Not that I would know much about any of these things [msnwink] [msnwink]

LiesaAnna
26-01-2005, 16:07
altho its a good idea to intially leave the drink and naughty but nice stuff out , we are only human, so why not have a lovely choc bar on a sat night wiv glass or 2 of wine or lager, you dont have to miss out! ever! look forward to it once a week, and dont go over the top!!!!
on sunday i ate typical party food, and was naughty, but not as naughty as i wouldve been last month quiche, mallow cakes covered in coconut, doritos crisps wiv salsa dips, birthday cake, lots of little bits, and i lost 2lb, i wouldve probably lost a bit more if i was angelic, but am soooooo happy with 2lb's i am gonna do it!!!!!!! and so are you lot!!!![clap][clap][clap]
i will be an "florida babe!"
you never know i might even be able to exercise in a few weeks , less weight on my knee has to be a bonus!

daisy
26-01-2005, 16:44
hi everone well done on the weight loss`s eveyone is doing so well .i had to have the creme egg last night have started again today with good intentions [msnscared].
michele i get married on 24 june at clearwater i have 12 days in a villa in kissamee first and then 2 days in clearwater and then 7 to explore a bit carnt wait !
was going to do some exercise today but have hurt my back ! perfect timing ! when i decide to get my act together i injur myself ! good luck everyone [msnsmile2]

LiesaAnna
26-01-2005, 17:11
look at it another way, rest and dont go the cupboard for goodies..........

26-01-2005, 18:00
Well done Sally and Liesa!!![clap][clap][clap]

Well I have just walked to my nearest John Lewis pushing a pushchair and a lot of it up and down hill, 30 minutes there and 35 minutes back........food today...porridge for breakfast with skimmed.....small fruit smoothie mid morning..........wholemeal chicken open sandwich (300 cals) for lunch........still aching from mega workout on Monday too!! If I don't lose at least 2lb this week I will be really angry[V]

Keep it up girls - Florida here we come!!![clap]

Sally D
26-01-2005, 18:23
Had a family weigh in this morning and not only have I lost 5 lb, husband has lost 7 lb, eldest daughter 5 lb, middle daughter 3 lb and youngest 3 lb. Total family weight loss 23 lb

26-01-2005, 18:29
Had a family weigh in this morning and not only have I lost 5 lb, husband has lost 7 lb, eldest daughter 5 lb, middle daughter 3 lb and youngest 3 lb. Total family weight loss 23 lb

[/quote]

Wow thats fantastic Sally[clap][sporty][clap][sporty][clap][sporty]

Mrs-PRG7000
26-01-2005, 18:46
Well this has really taken off, I had about 3 pages to catch up on [msneek]. Well done on everyones fantastic weight losses. I weighed in today at WW and lost 3 1/2 lb [clap] so I am a very happy bunny.

Don't deprive yourself girls of a chocolate bar or a drink, everything in moderation. You CAN allow yourself treats just not in the quantities and as often as you would have. I know for a fact that if I don't have my treats that I will binge big time. I allow myself a treat on weigh in day, but then get straight back on the wagon.

Right where did I put that box of Thorntons..... [msnwink]

(just as well I ate those before I started this or I would have lost control)

Mrs-PRG7000
26-01-2005, 18:52
Wow that is brilliant Sally, congratulations.

BTW can anyone give me any suggestions, my 15 yr old daughter wants to try not eating bread. What else can I put in her lunch box instead of a sandwich. Bearing in mind she is the fussiest eater that I know, in that she won't try anything new, won't eat fruit or veg. We came up with maybe Ryvitas but they would end up soggy by lunch time, and then I suggested not buttering them but putting a plastic knife and small pot of butter in her lunch box to which I got shot a 'no mother thats uncool' kind of look [msnscared]

Any suggestions gratefully recieved

Sally D
26-01-2005, 18:54
Brilliant Lynn 3 1/2lbs[clap][clap][clap]

mmmmmmmmmmm thorntons chocs, won't be tempted though.[msntongue]

Sally D
26-01-2005, 19:01
Lynn, I have a 15 year old so know what you mean. A bit hard this, I would of said make her a salad up but if she won't eat it thats no good. I then thought of pitta bread, which my daughter loves but it's still bread. Maybe tortilla wraps, think thats what they are called. I will give it some thought.

Mrs-PRG7000
26-01-2005, 19:12
Thanks Sally. Pitta might be an option, but like you said it is bread, but it might be better than regular bread, since it doesn't contain raising agents. I could make up some pasta as she loves pasta, I will run that one and the wrap past her later.... wonder if I'll get the 'uncool' look again ;)

Better go and pick her up from school now bye

Lynn

chunkichik
26-01-2005, 20:31
Well done everyone!!!!!!!!!! I have to admit at finding the diet on my own very difficult!!! I am joining my local Slimming World on Tuesday evening with my Sister in Law, I'm afraid I get very obsessed when I first start and am always ultra ultra good!!!

julieanne
26-01-2005, 20:34
You'll have to share some slimming world tips with us all Anita [msnwink]

26-01-2005, 21:48
Brilliant Lynn 3 1/2lbs[clap][clap][clap]

mmmmmmmmmmm thorntons chocs, won't be tempted though.[msntongue]
[/quote]

Well done from me too Lynn!!![clap][sporty][clap][sporty]

26-01-2005, 21:50
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Mrs-PRG7000
Wow that is brilliant Sally, congratulations.

BTW can anyone give me any suggestions, my 15 yr old daughter wants to try not eating bread. What else can I put in her lunch box instead of a sandwich. Bearing in mind she is the fussiest eater that I know, in that she won't try anything new, won't eat fruit or veg. We came up with maybe Ryvitas but they would end up soggy by lunch time, and then I suggested not buttering them but putting a plastic knife and small pot of butter in her lunch box to which I got shot a 'no mother thats uncool' kind of look [msnscared]

Any suggestions gratefully recieved
[/quote]

What about flat bread (no raising agents)? Can I ask why she wants to cut out bread? My fifteen y/o allows herself wholemeal bread for school lunches but avoids it the rest of the time - we try to use homemade fillings too so no additives etc[msnsmile2]

P.S I use freash baked bread from a bakery so no preservatives too!

26-01-2005, 22:44
Talking of childrens eating habits (most of which they form from the parents) I feel very passionate about children eating rubbish. So often you see children drinking coloured drinks full of chemicals and eating all proccessed meals full of c--p, it makes me so angry!

I am not suggesting that any of our OV children are fed badly but its hardwork to ensure children eat well there are so many hidden additives that unless you read all the ingredients you just don't realise. They cause so much bad behaviour and short attention span in children that teachers know which children eat well and have proper breakfasts and which don't! Things like Hydrogenised Vegatable Oil/ fat, Flavour enhancers E621 E635 etc too, much salt and sugar particularly in cereal - my dentist goes mad if he knows children are having cereal because so many of them have sugar as the 2nd most ingredient! How many children do you know whos tea normally consists of chicken nuggets chips and spaggetti hoops Yuk!!!! What's wrong with freshly cooked chicken real potatoes and some fresh veg, with a glass of fresh juice ( not coke or the similar) like tropicana (not concentrate) or a glass of mineral water, with a nice bowl of fruit (my kids love it if I chop up bananas grapes satsumas melon and fresh pinapple for them to pick at for pud) or a fruit smoothie - it takes a few minutes more, fruit and yogurt in a blender, but hey the heath benefits are huge!

Don't get me wrong Im not a saint and I do think if 95% of the time they and we eat well there is room for goodies but why do people insist on bringing children up on rubbish, if we want them all to be slim fit and healthy as adults we have to start when they are young then it becomes a way of life and they wont be here in 20 years time trying to lose the flab! Wish my Mum had done it for me (Ah bless her!)

Anyway thats me off my soapbox!!![msnembarrased]

Sharon G
27-01-2005, 00:28
I agree with you Lucy!!..

....I have a very active 3 year old and changed his diet due to "E" numbers found in many foods!!
He was so hyper whenever he's had this rubbish that he was really hard to look after!![msneek]

He's still is "full of it" but nowhere like what he was like before.

I still have days, like when he's been to a friends party,that after the food he's eaten I suffer the day after[msncry][msncry]

Well done girls to the weight loss!!! Think of those bikinis[msncool][msncool]

My weigh in, is Friday[msneek][msnscared][msnscared]

Sharon

Liam_Sandie
27-01-2005, 01:09
Evening everyone!! Well done Liesa, Sally and Lynn, thats great news!! I am very proud of you all[grouphug][grouphug][grouphug]

I am just back from WW and I have lost 2LB...I am really pleased because I had two nights out last week and it was so hard not to go completely off the rails!!! So that is 9lb in 3 weeks, so I have to keep going for the next 9 weeks[msnscared][msnscared]

Good luck for Friday Sharon[lucky][lucky]

Keep it up people...we are doing really well..[^][^][^]

27-01-2005, 02:03
Great news Sandie!!! Well done!!![clap]

Good luck for Friday Sharon![msnsmile2]

Sally D
27-01-2005, 02:14
Well done Sandie [clap][clap][clap]

2 nights out and still lost 2lb, brilliant

Mrs-PRG7000
27-01-2005, 03:16
Well done Sandie [clap], we all have done so well this week, and the support on here is better than the WW board where they talk about everything except WW.

I got the uncool look for most of the suggestions so far, so I am just carrying on giveing her bread each day. I bake my own (got a bread maker for xmas!)

She wants to give up bread because she wants to lose a few pounds. She is not really overweight, maybe about 7lbs, but she has a boyfriend, and I think she just wants to look good for him!!! I don't encourage diets in my kids but do encourage healthy eating and as long as she replaces the bread with an alternative I have no problem with that.

I agree with the additive thing, they put so much rubbish into food, and half of it is chemical based, and we are putting these into our kids. I have suffered with arthritis since my teens and am pretty sure thats its caused by the 20th century, the pollutants in the air, the e numbers, chemicals, preservatives etc. In fact our Florida trip last Oct, the hospital had to pad my trainer out to level my foot back up so that i could get around the parks, but I found the heat out there helped me enormously.

Sorry i got on my soapbox there too [chatter]

My daughter chose her eating habits when she was able to feed herself, before that stage she ate everything we gave her inc fruit and raw veg etc, but when she was able to decide her own likes and dislikes, she would shove them off the high chair tray or just leave them, I didn't force the issue and hope that one of these days she will surprise me and will eat an apple or a carrot.

Good luck OV girls and boys for the coming week and those that haven't weighed in yet.... Time for my bed [|)]

Lynn X

LiesaAnna
27-01-2005, 03:25
sandie, well done!!![clap]

just remember we CAN and WILL do it!!!!!!!!!

chunkichik
27-01-2005, 04:49
I'm happy to share any Slimming World tips, but its a completely different diet from Weigh[bad language filtered out]chers or anything like it I think.

For instance, I can have bacon, egg, tomatoes and toast for breakfast and its all free, apart from the bread.

not that I have ever done that, I usually eat two weetabix!!!!

I'm actually getting weighed today (Thursday) so will start from tomorrow am, I might tell you how much I weigh and I might not, depends if I get too big a shock!!!!!!

Well done everyone and keep it up!![clap][clap]

Anita

27-01-2005, 10:38
Good luck today Anita![sporty]

LiesaAnna
27-01-2005, 11:23
Anita!
Yes you go girl!!!!
i put my starting weight up for all to see!
dont be ashamed, you are doing something about it!

fingers crossed! you can do it! we are all with you![msnwink]

Sally D
27-01-2005, 13:37
Good for you Anita.
You don't have to put your starting weight on here, just let us know how much you have lost each week or if you want DM a couple of us.

Lynn, I don't think that cutting out bread will do much good for your daughter. How about swapping things like crisps and choc bars in her lunch to the low fat ones. I have done that with my three, the eldest has stopped eating crisps altogether and has lost 5lb the other two have lost 3lb. When they come home from school they eat fruit and not junk food.
[grouphug]

chunkichik
27-01-2005, 15:42
Thanks girlies!!!!!!!!!!!! I am leaving shortly, so will post tonight when I have picked the kids up from school and then been shopping.

One tip that I'm sure you've all heard before but I'll post it anyway!!! Never shop when you are hungry, you'd be surprised the rubbish you chuck in the trolley.

Perhaps we should all think of a daily tip, a good way of supporting each other?

Anita x

Sharon G
27-01-2005, 15:57
Morning everyone,,,, and well done Sandie, thats brilliant news[clap][clap] as my mum would always say....2Lbs that a bag of sugar!!!

Just going to make a homemade tuna salad for lunch (no dressings) then off for a "Power" walk this afternoon!!

I lost my dog last year and since have always felt daft walking out on my own!!!....so I,m borrowing my neighbours dog for company!![msnsmile2]

Sharon