PDA

View Full Version : salad cream please!

mrsbabypowder
19-01-2005, 02:58
is there anyone from blighty coming over to Crescent Lakes in the next few weeks who could bring me out some salad cream........i am having withdrawl symptoms. and its not nice...........i have turned into this crazy woman, on the verge of cutting my hair off!!!!!!!!!!PLEASE BRING ME SALAD CREAM.......PLEASE

poohbear
19-01-2005, 02:59
i will be out the end of april if thats any good.

LiesaAnna
19-01-2005, 03:00
as i told you before i can bring you a supply for November! ok?
am sure others would be only to pleased to help!

florida4sun
19-01-2005, 03:06
You can buy it from either Publix or teh UK shop in Old Town

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by floridavillasrus
is there anyone from blighty coming over to Crescent Lakes in the next few weeks who could bring me out some salad cream........i am having withdrawl symptoms. and its not nice...........i have turned into this crazy woman, on the verge of cutting my hair off!!!!!!!!!!PLEASE BRING ME SALAD CREAM.......PLEASE
[/quote]

mrsbabypowder
19-01-2005, 03:09
old towne too expensive cheaper to get it posted from uk. publix do not have it-i've tried.

thanks liesa i would probably need it then too!

i've got a good supply of tetley tea, come round for a cuppa

LiesaAnna
19-01-2005, 03:14
we'll get a calender going for you lot that have been lucky enough to have moved to florida and get supplies brought in lol[laugh][laugh][laugh]

florida4sun
19-01-2005, 03:16
Cheaper to have shipped from the UK, really, it ws only about $4 a bottle. Shipping would be more than that.

old towne too expensive cheaper to get it posted from uk. publix do not have it-i've tried.

[/quote]

bellaepovera
19-01-2005, 14:33
If I had a huge urge for anything Id pay double the amount. Sounds odd but way back when there were no McDonalds by us we use to take the day and drive 3 hours to Naples so I could have a burger. Now that we have one near our home I never go!! Odd when you cant have something you do anything to get it.

andreah
19-01-2005, 15:04

[/quote]

Hi

The Publix at the end of the 192 where it meets hwy 27 definitely has salad cream. I have often teased myself with it, but figered I should eat American food whilst on holiday! You however are there perminently so should be able to buy it from there no problem.[msnwink]

caroline
19-01-2005, 15:33
I've had to buy it for the kids when we've been over, I got it from Publix at Champions Gate:)

djdigitald
19-01-2005, 15:38
The new Wallmart just north of the 192 on the 27 has it :D

kitty
19-01-2005, 15:46
When we went to publix last year we looked for it everywhere and when we asked the assistant if they sold it she didnt know what we were talking about,she pointed us to the cream apartment,umm[msneek]

Cruella DeVilla
19-01-2005, 15:47
UGH I hate saldad cream[:P]

Nostromo
19-01-2005, 15:58
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Cruella DeVilla
[/quote]

Me too. My preferred dressing is 1001 Island (the low fat one)

julieanne
19-01-2005, 16:05
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Cruella DeVilla
[/quote]

Me too [xx(]
But I like mayonnaise, 1000 island, ranch etc etc [msntongue]

blott
19-01-2005, 16:37
I've got just the answer... make you own in that large kitchen! It sounds really easy in this receipe http://thefoody.com/mrsbsoups/saladcream.html and the ingredients are easily purchased in any Florida supermarket. Problem solved! :)

caroline
19-01-2005, 21:14
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by kitty
When we went to publix last year we looked for it everywhere and when we asked the assistant if they sold it she didnt know what we were talking about,she pointed us to the cream apartment,umm[msneek]
[/quote]

It's in the ethnic food section[msneek]

Ray&Sarah
19-01-2005, 22:06
Thousand Island for me too, can't stand salad cream.[msnsmile]

ujpest doza
19-01-2005, 22:19
HP Sauce, Salad Cream etc are usually found in the ethnic foods section of Publix.