PDA

View Full Version : OH HOW I LOVE CRESCENT LAKES!!!!

mrsbabypowder
18-01-2005, 23:01
We loved it enough to move here permanently. I think back to what we had in England, and there is just no comparison. I have space, I have a pool and spa, and I have a huge kitchen. I have the sun most days, I have wonderful neighbors, my children love the schools, and for once my daughter who was failing in the UK schools is now excelling and a Grade A student. What do I miss in England? Well I miss Salad Cream. And that’s all. What more can I say??????[msnsmile2]

stabard
18-01-2005, 23:41
Glad to hear you are havins such a great time[msnsmile2]

melvazquez
19-01-2005, 00:07
Oh how I wish I could say all those things!![msnsad]

It's cold, grey and windy here.

No pool just a very cold pond, well at least it's not frozen. A sink that I've just had to unblock! I did have salad cream on my noodles this evening tho'![msnwink]

Mel

mrsbabypowder
19-01-2005, 00:32
Well it is a bit cold here today, i am sitting here with my jumper on, it is staying cold all week, but it is gloriously sunny.

i am a bit upset that you've had salad cream. could you send me some.......my mouth is watering......it is so easy to get me going!!!!!just mention salad cream........god how silly that sounds!!!!!!!!!

E. Cosgrove
19-01-2005, 00:49
Go ahead rub it in Why don't you[msnwink]

LiesaAnna
19-01-2005, 02:01
you sounded like you are having a great time, why not ask if anyone coming out soon would get you some salad cream am sure they wouldnt mind! if your still without in November let me know and i'll bring you some! have a great time

florida4sun
19-01-2005, 02:31
Lived on Cl for 5 years. Which schools are your kids in as we had the opposite, my kids were faiing to sayn the least as they were not anywhere as challenging as UK schools. They were always getting into trouble through classroom boredom (they do the same thing every day). Back in the UK the difference is amazing they are doing well again.
We miss sun sun sun and Louisiana hot sauce!!!!
You can buy salad cream, cant remeber where exactly buts its either publix or the UK shop in Old Town.
Tell Dominick the security gaurd that Martin sends his regards.

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by floridavillasrus
We loved it enough to move here permanently. I think back to what we had in England, and there is just no comparison. I have space, I have a pool and spa, and I have a huge kitchen. I have the sun most days, I have wonderful neighbors, my children love the schools, and for once my daughter who was failing in the UK schools is now excelling and a Grade A student. What do I miss in England? Well I miss Salad Cream. And that’s all. What more can I say??????[msnsmile2]
[/quote]

mrsbabypowder
19-01-2005, 02:55
one goes to Reedy Creek and the other goes to Horizon.

Dominick has me in hysterics. he is so nice. always comes by a chats, and nearly runs over our dog!!!!!

the uk shop in old towne is SOOOOOOOOO expensive. I wouldn't even go in there now. Publix, target and walmart do not sell salad cream. now i am salivating again!!!!!!

chrizzy100
19-01-2005, 04:49
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by florida4sun
Lived on Cl for 5 years. Which schools are your kids in as we had the opposite, my kids were faiing to sayn the least as they were not anywhere as challenging as UK schools. They were always getting into trouble through classroom boredom (they do the same thing every day). Back in the UK the difference is amazing they are doing well again.
We miss sun sun sun and Louisiana hot sauce!!!!
You can buy salad cream, cant remeber where exactly buts its either publix or the UK shop in Old Town.
Tell Dominick the security gaurd that Martin sends his regards.

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by floridavillasrus
[/quote]
[/quote]

My son is the same......he is bored with school when not in shop......

sheenallan
19-01-2005, 15:58
Hi Floridavillasrus,
How did you manage to move to the beautiful place?would love to know as we have a villa on Crescent Lakes and would love to live there all year round.

Sheena

mrsbabypowder
19-01-2005, 17:29
we have bought a business. thats the only way, its been a lot of struggle, and we still are but in all honesty its worth it

esprit
20-01-2005, 04:02
What sort of business did you buy? You can get salad cream in the ethnic section of the Publix stores or at least the ones near the western end of 192 where I shop. It isnt cheap but as I still buy Branston at over $4 a jar, so treat yourself,

caseyd
20-01-2005, 04:59
Ok, I can't stand it any longer-- What IS salad cream???? Do tell.

chrizzy100
20-01-2005, 05:09
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by caseyd
[/quote]

http://www.englishteastore.com/hesacr15.html

Or you could try making it yourself......
http://www.greatbritishkitchen.co.uk/recipes/salads/saladcream.htm

LiesaAnna
20-01-2005, 12:41
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by caseyd
[/quote]
its similar to mayonaise creamy tangy sauce you pour over salad vegetables, i.e lettuce,tomatoes, beetroot,, its off white in colour some have it on fries, and in sandwiches[msnwink]
normally on raw veggies that you eat

mrsbabypowder
20-01-2005, 19:29
I LOVE IT ON SHEPARDS PIE ESPICALLY.....BUT JUST ABOUT ANYTHING, PEOPLE LOVE TOMATO KETCHUP, I LOVE SALAD CREAM.....MMMMMMMMMMMMMMM..........GOD I HOPE I'M NOT PREGNANT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!

fllion
28-01-2005, 06:47
You can buy salad cream in Churchill's the english shop at the end of 192 near to the 27. i know it is quiet a way for you but we all need a little treat. i think it was about $3

mrsbabypowder
27-03-2005, 01:52
somebody bought me over 3 bottles, already used 1 up, but planning a trip in may to the UK to sort a few things out

LiesaAnna
27-03-2005, 16:27
well if your still there in Nov i will bring you some!![msnwink]

Calamity Jane
28-03-2005, 00:30
You can get it in the supermarkets over there but they charge a fortune dont they ?? If you ever want some just let me know & I'll fetch some across too, I love it on all sorts of things, but dont tell Leisa we are supposed to be losing weight [:I]:D

How long have you lived in FL ?

LiesaAnna
28-03-2005, 01:12
oi Mrs!!!! i heard that! shes been there since August i believe, and various reasons are looking into coming back to the UK what a shame! must be a tough desicion to make!

mrsbabypowder
28-03-2005, 07:03
we have been here since august last year. and yes we are planning on returning. have to sell the business first! i would also like some milk chocolate hob nobs some curry powders, some ready brek, some caramac. maybe i should start a new thread so people coming on holidays can drop me over things...................mmmmmmmm[msnsmile2]