PDA

View Full Version : Emerald Island

NannyBrook
11-01-2003, 22:57
Someone has suggested my son and family rent a villa in Emerald Island when they visit Florida in March.

Last time we were there (12 months ago) Emerald Island was still pretty much a building site.

Given that we don't want them to go to there and be in the middle of a construction site with vehicles, noise and half built villas as scenery, does anybody know what stage the development is at right now??

Are they still building?? Are there other phases still to be built??

orlandobabe
13-01-2003, 02:50
Just wondered why this was development was suggested to you. If it was closeness to Disney and the attractions-there are quite a few completed locations in and around that area such as Rolling Hills, Sunset Lakes, Windsor Palms, Lindfields to name but a few-that you wouldn't have to worry about.

Although I'm pretty close to Emerald Isle I can't comment on how far along the development is-but I'm sure someone here could help.

Lesley S
13-01-2003, 03:29
OB, you forgot about Indian Creek, which is opposite Rolling Hills and also there is Formosa Gardens

mprince
13-01-2003, 21:09
Hi - we have just bought a property in Emerald Isle (finished Jan 2003) and stayed there for 3 weeks over Dec/Jan. We had no problems with the builders - they have their own entrance and use the road by the town houses and not Secret Key Cove road.

Enjoy your stay

NannyBrook
16-01-2003, 15:07
Thank you all for helpful advice.
NannyBrook.

tednvon
17-01-2003, 05:00
Hi...Emerald Island would be a great place to stay...It is a beautiful resort complex that is surrounded by a nature preserve. It has a huge clubhouse and pool and construction will definately NOT be a problem. It is much more than just a "housing developement." It's location to Disney, restaurants, shopping, golf is second to none....good luck..Ted

neilandkay
18-01-2003, 03:56
I agree with other comments, building work should not be a problem. They have started building the next lot of homes including the enclave group of homes, and most of the homes and condos that have been completed are a good distance away from the building work.

Also bear in mind that work will only be going on during working hours, and most people will be out at the parks or other attractions during that time.

Emerald Island is a beautiful community, enjoy.

Kay