PDA

View Full Version : Keys to the Kingdom

Semper
18-01-2005, 11:57
Read a post about the Keys To The Kingdom backstage tour. If you go on the tour do you use up a day of your hopper pass?

Would be fasinating to see behind the scenes, but would not want to take the kids. We can leave them with the outlaws for a couple of days so I am looking for things to do without them.

Newhomebuyer
18-01-2005, 12:48
Keys to the Kingdom does not allow anyone under 16. It lasts for 5 hours and includes lunch. Park admission is required so you will lose one of your days. If you got the ealiest tour which leaves at 8-30am you could meet up with the rest of the family in the park after lunch and get a lot out of the day.
It costs $58 approx
I have never been, but any repots whichI have read have all been very positive.

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
18-01-2005, 12:54
We went on it last year and it's well worth the money and absolutely fascinating. I wrote a short article on it at http://www.park-tickets.com/KeysToTheKingdom.aspx

Semper
18-01-2005, 17:26
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by floridadreamvilla.co.uk
We went on it last year and it's well worth the money and absolutely fascinating. I wrote a short article on it at http://www.park-tickets.com/KeysToTheKingdom.aspx
[/quote]

Yeah I read the article. Thats what sparked off the original question. Did not realise they did the tours at Disney. Have done the Seaworld one, that was interesting. Would love to see behind the scenes at MK though.

If it means losing a day off the pass might have to re-think. Unless we get a couple of one day tickets. Or as you say Newhomebuyer meet the family later. Give the Grandparents some quality time with the kids in MK.

Jo
19-01-2005, 00:48
Presumably if you have an annual pass you just pay the $58?

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
19-01-2005, 02:15
You do indeed [msnsmile2]
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Jo
Presumably if you have an annual pass you just pay the $58?
[/quote]

jones homes
13-05-2005, 20:45
As an avid Disney Fan i'm not sure if seeing things such as the Mickey and Gang in half dress would ruin the magic. Did it for any one out there???[sporty]

jeff66
13-05-2005, 22:11
My wife is a teacher.... Her kids study Disney in a big way, The good as well as the bad! She would love that tour.
She took the kids to Eurodisney a year ago! For a field trip. They loved it!

walden64
13-05-2005, 22:36
We did the the Keys to the Kingdom Tour last week when Mike & myself were out at the villa by ourselves. It was fascinating and even though we have been going to Disney for years we both learnt a lot of background information as well as seeing behind the sceens as well - would recommend it.

jolliffee
14-05-2005, 02:52
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by walden64
We did the the Keys to the Kingdom Tour last week when Mike & myself were out at the villa by ourselves. It was fascinating and even though we have been going to Disney for years we both learnt a lot of background information as well as seeing behind the sceens as well - would recommend it.
[/quote]

Ditto, and I got to see a hidden Mickey in the tunnel

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
14-05-2005, 03:00
I still quite often see the Cast Member who did our tour when we go to the MK in 2004 and he still remembers me and says hello each time. What fantastic customer service - it's spot on :)

E. Cosgrove
14-05-2005, 11:50
It's a definite "must" for us when we go next May ( we are going before then but there are 4 of us going together then who all want to do it) How far in advance does anyne recommend booking?

walden64
14-05-2005, 12:13
Liz

I only booked up the weekend before, and there was only 13 of us on the tour (the parks were quiet)

My eldest daughter wants to do the tour when we go out at Christmas so I think I will book that up a couple of months in advance

Michelle

E. Cosgrove
14-05-2005, 22:00
Thanks Michelle, in that case I will probably wait until the early part of the new year.

millie
04-07-2005, 17:21
We have just go back from Florida and we did the Keys to the Kingdom Tour. I would recommend it to anyone as it was so interesting and enjoyable. Brandi was our guide and she took us down Main St USA pointing out all the the little bits and bobs of interest down there. We then headed into Adventureland where we all sat down in the shade and she talked us through the story of Walt Disney and Walt Disney World which was fascinating. We then rode the Jungle Cruise and went behind the scenes at the backof Splash Mountain before having lunch. After lunch she talked about the Haunted Mansion and we then rode that. Later we went underground to the Utilidors and she talked about how it all "works".

It was about 5 hours long but to be honest the time passed very quickly. There were bathrooms stops on the way and lunch was lovely. We all had little headsets to put on so we could clearly hear what she was saying without her having to shout. This was great when we rode Haunted Mansion as she was pointing things out to us on the headset so other guests could not hear!

If you have the time and you have always fancied this tour - do it!!!!

For anyone afraid it may spoil the magic - it did not do that for me. It makes you appreciate things in the park more and when we came back from backstage and said our goodbyes it was as if it had never happened. Backstage and the Magic Kingdom as we know it seemed a million miles apart!