PDA

View Full Version : Craft shops in or nr. Orlando

chunkichik
17-01-2005, 23:09
Not sure if any of you out there are s-c-r-a-pbookers or cardmakers but I am looking for any craft shops apart from Michaels that I can go and spend a fortune in

Anita

Nostromo
17-01-2005, 23:39
I cannot name any off the top of my head, but THE place to look for them could be Winter Park. It is a very arty-crafty place.

blott
18-01-2005, 00:17
You could try Jo-Ann's which have both and they've just opened a new store on the 192 where the Kissimmee Campground used to be (almost opposite Xanadu) and now next door to Sam's Club and in the new Super Target car park area. http://www.joann.com/

steph_goodrum
18-01-2005, 01:27
Walmart have a great craft selection and for s-c-r-a-p-booking supplies if you are anywhere near the 27 at Clermont there is a great shop called S-c-rapbooking USA (without the hyphens - the bad language filter doesnt like it) with a great selection. Its right near the Home Depot there.
As Blott says Jo-anns and Michaels are both very good as well.
Nearly forgot if you use rubber stamps for cardmaking on Orange Blossom trail there is a huge stamp shop called stamp your art out which has also branched into paper supplies as well.
3 guesses what my hobby is Anita?

chunkichik
18-01-2005, 02:04
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by steph_goodrum
Walmart have a great craft selection and for s-c-r-a-p-booking supplies if you are anywhere near the 27 at Clermont there is a great shop called S-c-rapbooking USA (without the hyphens - the bad language filter doesnt like it) with a great selection. Its right near the Home Depot there.
As Blott says Jo-anns and Michaels are both very good as well.
Nearly forgot if you use rubber stamps for cardmaking on Orange Blossom trail there is a huge stamp shop called stamp your art out which has also branched into paper supplies as well.
3 guesses what my hobby is Anita?
[/quote]

Don't know, I give up![msnwink]

I have been to Jo-anns, but it was quite small and thinking about it, I have been to stamp your art out as well, Walmart are sooooo cheap for some of the craft stuff, I am mainly looking for sizzix and quickcutz dies.

I spent four hours in Michaels last time, this didn't please the kids too much

steph_goodrum
18-01-2005, 02:32
I didnt find many sizzix dies (havent looked for quickcutz as I've stuck to one. Ebay is often a good place to get them.
I'm hoping when we go in March there will be more choice of the sizzix as when I bought my machine last year there weren't many places selling them.
I can't remember exactly which Mall it is but there was also one which had a huge memory album place (I will get past the filters!!), I think it was on Hway (County Road?) 50 when we left Home Depot and followed the road through to Orlando, there was a Mall there but neither hubby or I could remember name.

chunkichik
18-01-2005, 04:44
Thanks Steph, I might just do a search and see what I come up with, I will let you know.

I sell a lot of my toppers on ebay, but begrudge paying full uk prices for sizzix, quickutz is lighter so easier to ship from the states.

I'll let you know what I find, when are you next going?

Nostromo
18-01-2005, 11:09
I found this address:

SEA HORSE ARTS & CRAFTS
5840, South Orange Avenue
Orlando, FL 32809
Ph: (407) 851 3210

LiesaAnna
18-01-2005, 11:31
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Nostromo
I found this address:

SEA HORSE ARTS & CRAFTS
Orlando, FL 32809
[/quote]

what is this guy like????????????? he does it every time!!!![clap][clap][clap][clap]
helpful as ever!!!!
you do realise Nostromo that you cant take any holidays unless you have access to a pc!

steph_goodrum
18-01-2005, 12:17
Hi Anita
Hubby and I are over for 10 days at the beginning of March for a "make, do and mend" trip to the villa, and of course we have to include lots of shopping time in there, especially with the new Walmart to explore just up the road.

Cruella DeVilla
18-01-2005, 13:09
Walmart has a lot of craft itms, Jo-Annes fabric is my favourite but do not find it that cheap.

Doug
18-01-2005, 15:55
MEMORIES COLONNIAL DRIVE FOR QUICKUTZ
PLACE IN TIME ST CLOUD WELL WORTH A VISIT

I BUY LOADS

chunkichik
18-01-2005, 17:21
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by LiesaAnna
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Nostromo
I found this address:

SEA HORSE ARTS & CRAFTS
Orlando, FL 32809
[/quote]

what is this guy like????????????? he does it every time!!!![clap][clap][clap][clap]
helpful as ever!!!!
you do realise Nostromo that you cant take any holidays unless you have access to a pc!
[/quote]
I have to second that I'm afraid!

Steph, have a great time I will be thinking of you