PDA

View Full Version : Goofys Barnstormer

ujpest doza
17-01-2005, 20:28
[?]Opinion sought as to whether this is too rough for a 22 month old who meets the height requirements.(shes 20 months now and is 35" tall and weighs 35lbs)

Disney say 3 years old.

She has no fear of anything and is a right daredevil, but will it be too rough for her?[?]

Nostromo
17-01-2005, 20:32
I always say that Goofy's Barnstormer is the best 'starter' coaster in Central Florida. But a 22-month old? Even if she meets the height requiremnts, my suggestion would be to wait another year. You don't want her jerked around at this age.

orlandobabe
17-01-2005, 20:37
What is it exactly.

My 18 month old grandson-might be interested. He's a bit of a fearless Fred and is coming out for our last week.

We've never had a toddler with us before-so we're looking at a whole new ball game here!

orlandobabe
17-01-2005, 20:39
Whoops Nostromo-we must have typed at the same time-think we'll definitely give it a miss.

I thought it might be an indoor climbing/soft play sort of area.

ujpest doza
17-01-2005, 20:50
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Nostromo
I always say that Goofy's Barnstormer is the best 'starter' coaster in Central Florida. But a 22-month old? Even if she meets the height requiremnts, my suggestion would be to wait another year. You don't want her jerked around at this age.
[/quote]

Am i right in thinking that you are a member of the medical profession?

If so, i will take your comments on board and most probably not take her on it.
I haven't actually been in that part of MK for about 10 years and don't recall seeing Goofys Barnstormer which is why i asked on here about it.
Disney are notoriously cautious about these things eg there was a very tame thing she was not allowed on either last year in Florida or a few months previous to that in Paris, Dumbo i think?

Ray&Sarah
17-01-2005, 20:53
Would definately take Nostromos advice (he is very qualified to give it).[msnsmile2]

Think I would have to think twice about taking one so young on but give her another year and there'll be no stopping her.:D

LiesaAnna
17-01-2005, 21:05
she has the rest of her life for all those great rides, whats another year!!!
theres plenty of other things to entertain her!:)

linda allen
17-01-2005, 21:15
We took our youngest on it when he was 27 months old, he seemed to like it then but really loved it the last time in November when he was 32 months. He is quite a tall boy but was 1 cm too small to go on Thunder mountain railroad, which my just turned 4 year old loves.

Nostromo
17-01-2005, 21:29
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by ujpest doza
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Nostromo
[/quote]

Am i right in thinking that you are a member of the medical profession?

[/quote]

I'm afraid so. There are times that I wish I wasn't though!

poohbear
17-01-2005, 23:44
my grand son and daughter both went on this at under the age of 2 and loved it with no future problems .my daughter is now 7 and still loves it. try it yoursef first to see what you think.;)[msnwink]

Tracey K
18-01-2005, 01:35
Our daughter was 3 when she first went on it and my nephew 6 months younger. It does throw you around a lot and there are some tight corners - not to mention a sharp stop at the end. They absolutely loved it and wanted to ride it again and again.... not sure I would take anyone younger than this and Disney are very strict on checking their height.