PDA

View Full Version : Structure in front of the Great Movie Ride

rob
12-02-2002, 02:52
Last time we were there a new structure was being built directly in front of the Great Movie Ride - is it complete and what is it?

-------------
Rob

n/a
12-02-2002, 03:04
It is a giant blue sourcerers hat as worn by Mickey in Fantasia, it's part of Walt's 100th birthday celebrations.
I believe it is featured on new disney adverts, promotional literature etc.

steph_goodrum
12-02-2002, 12:09
And surprise, surprise, I think it's a shop. On the Disney site when they had the "secret entrance" to their preview site for the hyom celebrations, there were coupons to get special pins from the shop.

steph

ian
12-02-2002, 20:13
Yes, you signed up for a virtual pin from the 4 parks, that got you a certificate, which when you went to The Sorcerers Hat and bought a pin, you were given a special pin - it lights up and flashes when Disney characters are nearby. My daughters thought it was brilliant when I was walking about with it on!

tinkerbell
08-04-2002, 13:40
The shop is quite impressive, good fro young kids to get someting commemorative. There are also some interactive stands which are fun for the kids while you sit and have a rest!!!

Disney seem to have commemorative events coming out of their mickey mouse ears! I ahve been 6 times now, and every time I think there has been something! 20 year celebration, 25 year celebration, 100 years of Magic, sure there are others!!!