PDA

View Full Version : Best Bet for a days fishing?

millie
10-01-2003, 00:58
My husband is a keen fisherman and is looking forward to a days fishing..........florda style!!!!!!!!! Does anyone have any advice on where to go, permits, equipment etc? We would like to have it sort of organised before we go so we don't waste any time when we are there.

Silly question (cue lots of laughs from fishermen!!!!!!!!......) what about the alligators????????? My husband is sometimes a bit of a pain but I don't fancy seeing him snapped off a peir or a boat by a big hungry gator!! ;);)

florida4sun
10-01-2003, 03:25
Permits around around $20 for the year and there is a monthly one that coast around $12. You can fish any water. Most lakes on subdivisions have lots of small fish that will spoil your fishing. If you can find some wild water then the fishing is much better. You can find the big bass at Kissimmee Lake front (worth hiring a boat). I have never had a problem with Alligators. Have fished just a few feet away from them without problems. They will chase after your bait, so watch out for that. Alligator attacks are very very rare.
A cheap setup and license can be bought from walmart. Its all you need!

quote:Originally posted by millie

My husband is a keen fisherman and is looking forward to a days fishing..........florda style!!!!!!!!! Does anyone have any advice on where to go, permits, equipment etc? We would like to have it sort of organised before we go so we don't waste any time when we are there.

Silly question (cue lots of laughs from fishermen!!!!!!!!......) what about the alligators????????? My husband is sometimes a bit of a pain but I don't fancy seeing him snapped off a peir or a boat by a big hungry gator!! ;);)