PDA

View Full Version : Charter Travel

AngelaB
16-01-2005, 13:06
Does anyone know the opening times of Charter travel, or if they are open on Sundays? I tried phoning yesterday, left a message, but they must have been busy, and no-one called back.

Thanks

Rhosyn
16-01-2005, 13:10
Angela
They will get back to you, or sent them a e-mail. They are very busy but always get in touch, well worth the wait with their prices.

AngelaB
16-01-2005, 13:13
Thanks Rose, i have emailed them and recieved a good quote of them for Virgin flights and i want to go ahead and book, i am sure they will get back to me, like you say, its just i am all excited about booking[msnsmile2][msnsmile2].!!

16-01-2005, 13:14
They are always very busy email them

dawn or kerry@chartertravel.co.uk

ask them to reply asap as you are keen to get booked up and give them your dates etc and they will reply.

16-01-2005, 13:15
Forgot so say they work very long hours, I have had emails from them at midnight!

Nostromo
16-01-2005, 13:18
As far as know, Charter are not open on Sundays.
While booking flights with them last year, I discovered that they appear to work in teams of two. My flights were being dealt by Dawn Thirkill and if she was unavailble, only one other colleague of hers seemed to have access to my details. As has been said, they are generally efficient and helpful but sometimes get bogged down by the sheer volume of work.

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
16-01-2005, 13:47
I doubt they are open on a Sunday. They may be responding to urgent emails but that's about it.

LiesaAnna
16-01-2005, 13:49
and theyre so good and well worth waiting till monday morning[msnwink]

steph_goodrum
16-01-2005, 14:17
"While booking flights with them last year, I discovered that they appear to work in teams of two. My flights were being dealt by Dawn Thirkill and if she was unavailble, only one other colleague of hers seemed to have access to my details. As has been said, they are generally efficient and helpful but sometimes get bogged down by the sheer volume of work."

I think you'll find that may have changed now Nostromo, Dawn and Jennie were based in one office rather than at the head office but recently due to the increased volume of business they have centralised a new office and opened more phone lines to deal with it but as has been said they aren't generally open on Sunday.

chunkichik
17-01-2005, 04:08
I had an email from Dawn at midnight too last week!!! I told her she shouldn't be working at that time of night, but she replied thats the only time she gets to clear the emails!!

Poor girls, I hope they are making good commission

Anita

AngelaB
17-01-2005, 21:59
Charter Travel did come back to me today. I wanted a quote for feb 2006, they said i had 2 options i could either take option 1 which was to pay the price for Pre-registraton £339 (as Virgin Atlantic dont release their seats til 11 months before departure) or options 2 was to book and confirm £429. Apparently with option 1 you are not guaranteed the dates/seats on that particular flight, with option 2 you are guaranteed. Has anyone got any views to this??

Ray&Sarah
17-01-2005, 22:07
£429 doesn't seem to bad for comfimed prices for next year. Nearer the time you will probably get cheaper flights but no guarantee of this. DO you know what they were charging for Feb 2004, just as a guideline.[msnsmile2]

chunkichik
19-01-2005, 18:56
Just for information, on the Charter Travel home page, they state they are open 7 days a week!!

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
19-01-2005, 20:51
I do not think that necessarily means they will be answering the phones out of hours - just that any messages that are left will get looked at sooner rather than later.

A bit like our car hire and tickets.

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by chunkichik
Just for information, on the Charter Travel home page, they state they are open 7 days a week!!
[/quote]