PDA

View Full Version : CAMCORDER HELP, PLEASE?!

Elaine62
16-01-2005, 02:43
We bought a new camcorder (canon 700i) recently and are just now thinking about copying the stuff onto tape. We can't seem to get it to play thro' the TV and VCR, can anyone give us some helpful instructions?

Thanks

Elaine

16-01-2005, 13:19
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Elaine62
We bought a new camcorder (canon 700i) recently and are just now thinking about copying the stuff onto tape. We can't seem to get it to play thro' the TV and VCR, can anyone give us some helpful instructions?

Thanks

Elaine
[/quote]

Not sure but I will ask hubby as he does this stuff all the time.

Also have you thought of copying on to DVD it will preserve film better.

16-01-2005, 13:34
Hubby says its easy but hard to explain.................

Is it a digital cam?

Hubby happy to help but would need to know more like have ou got 'AV IN' on your VCR?

Have you tried going on Google type in the 'camera model' and 'conection to VCR' and see what comes up?

Let us know how you get on?

jolliffee
16-01-2005, 14:17
As Lucy said this is easy; Look for the leads that came with the camera. Identify the ones that have Red, White & Yellow plugs at one end, the other end will most likely have a small plug on it. Find where the small plug goes into the camera, or if it has three plugs Red, Whit & yellow plug them in the colour coded sockets.

Now on the TV, there is often a front panal that has the three sockets colour coded, if you have one of these plug the leads into the same colour coded sockets. With a tape in the camera press play. Then using the TV remote or direct switch it to the AV out , I think you will have to go through the AV out(s) till you find the picture from the camera because it will all depend on howm many your TV has..

To play through the VCR, you can use the front AV sockets on the VCR, if you don't have any look at the back, you need to swich the VCR to the right AV socket to get the picture.

If you don't have any AV sockets as described, then you need to get a scart adapter like the Games machine use, this will have the colour coded sockets and plug into a scart socket on the VCR or TV. Y

Your Camera, TV & VCR owners guides will all have pictures of how to do this.[msnwink]

flyrr100
16-01-2005, 14:47
Elaine
If your camera is digital you can copy the film directly to your hard drive then burn it either onto a DVD or a CD. But beware, digital movies eat up hard drive space. A 30 minute film is over 5gb!

Good luck