PDA

View Full Version : Hotel/Suite recommendations

Josie Jump
15-01-2005, 01:40
We've booked to stay at the Quality Inn Plaza in Sept (2 adults & 1 child). We originally booked this one because of the location and because it was inexpensive, however a change in circumstances mean we can now afford an upgrade and I'm looking for any ideas of a better place to stay. My husband wants to stay in the I-Drive area and I'd preferably like a room/suite with a separate bedroom so we can put my daughter (she'll be 3 when we travel)to sleep in the bedroom so she isn't disturbed in the evening - t.v. etc.

So any ideas ?

Thanks

blott
15-01-2005, 02:06
Why not rent a villa from a private owner from one of the three sister sites to the forum?

None of them are in the I-Drive area (thankfully!) but they will have separate bedrooms, lots of room to spread out and be like a home from home, most have a private pool and are absolutely nothing whatsoever like a hotel!

benfilo
15-01-2005, 02:27
Hi Josie
My preference would be not to stay on the I drive, the main reason would be the traffic we were gridlocked there a few time last October.
You are going to get a lot of reccomendations to stay at a villa which I would aggree with as it does make for a fantastic holiday.
However if you are stuck on a hotel then you could do worse than one we stayed at. It was the Homewood Suites on Parkway, just off the 192. It was only a mile or so from Disney Maingate. Our suite had 2 double beds and a sofabed in the living area. It was fully equipped kitchen etc.
Also breakfast was included, not a huge choice but it filled a hole. I haggled a bit on the phone and got it all for about $920 for 14 nights.I not working for them, honest.
The downside was that when we were relaxing at the pool we would have to wait sometimes for the cleaners to finish our room so we could prpare lunch. And sometimes the people upstairs were noisy.
This wouldn't be the case in a villa or condo , she'd have her own room and have and you'd be able to chill out more.

have a great one whatever you decide

chrizzy100
15-01-2005, 02:29
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Josie Jump
We've booked to stay at the Quality Inn Plaza in Sept (2 adults & 1 child). We originally booked this one because of the location and because it was inexpensive, however a change in circumstances mean we can now afford an upgrade and I'm looking for any ideas of a better place to stay. My husband wants to stay in the I-Drive area and I'd preferably like a room/suite with a separate bedroom so we can put my daughter (she'll be 3 when we travel)to sleep in the bedroom so she isn't disturbed in the evening - t.v. etc.

So any ideas ?

Thanks
[/quote]

Are you wanting to stay on I-Drive for a reason.....I know my family stay there and use the hotels when they don't hire a car....
If you have no real reason to be on I-drive..a townhouse can be a nice upgrade....and about the same price as a suite of rooms....

chrizzy100
15-01-2005, 02:40
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by benfilo
Hi Josie
My preference would be not to stay on the I drive, the main reason would be the traffic we were gridlocked there a few time last October.
You are going to get a lot of reccomendations to stay at a villa which I would aggree with as it does make for a fantastic holiday.
However if you are stuck on a hotel then you could do worse than one we stayed at. It was the Homewood Suites on Parkway, just off the 192. It was only a mile or so from Disney Maingate. Our suite had 2 double beds and a sofabed in the living area. It was fully equipped kitchen etc.
Also breakfast was included, not a huge choice but it filled a hole. I haggled a bit on the phone and got it all for about $920 for 14 nights.I not working for them, honest.
The downside was that when we were relaxing at the pool we would have to wait sometimes for the cleaners to finish our room so we could prpare lunch. And sometimes the people upstairs were noisy.
This wouldn't be the case in a villa or condo , she'd have her own room and have and you'd be able to chill out more.

have a great one whatever you decide

[/quote]

I just had a look......it does look nice....I'm happy with any hotel if it has good pillows.....easy to please thats me....LOL!

benfilo
15-01-2005, 03:14
It was nice chrizzy, we were supposed to be staying in our villa but as there were no windows or doors we opted for there.[msncry]

wrightbuxton
03-02-2005, 22:47
Hi

I can recommend the Courtyard by Marriott. We stayed there with our two children and it was great. Just 5 mins walk to the Marketplace, we could even see both Disney and Universal fireworks from our balcony (ask for a room on the 11th floor or above, facing the road - it's not noisy either). They had another perk whilst we were there - free drinks and snacks from 4pm-6pm (just what you need after a hard day at the Parks, hiccupp)[beer]

E. Cosgrove
03-02-2005, 23:13
If you're stuck on a hotel The Celebration Hotel is superb, not sure about it's suitability for a little one though.[msnsad]

benfilo
04-02-2005, 02:03
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by wrightbuxton
Hi

I can recommend the Courtyard by Marriott. We stayed there with our two children and it was great. Just 5 mins walk to the Marketplace, we could even see both Disney and Universal fireworks from our balcony (ask for a room on the 11th floor or above, facing the road - it's not noisy either). They had another perk whilst we were there - free drinks and snacks from 4pm-6pm (just what you need after a hard day at the Parks, hiccupp)[beer]
[/quote]

ours had the free drinks and snacks 5 til 7 but we never made it back in time[msnsad]

Cruella DeVilla
04-02-2005, 12:33
I would avoid I drive to, it gets manic most days with traffic and can be a bit tacky if you choose the wrong hotel!

poohbear
04-02-2005, 18:42
theres nothing wrong with i-drive... just a tad busy...

Cruella DeVilla
04-02-2005, 22:23
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by poohbear
theres nothing wrong with i-drive... just a tad busy...
[/quote]

It's getting a bit like Blackpool or Benidorm these days compared to what it was like a few years ago.

poohbear
04-02-2005, 23:58
i dont know how you can compare with blackpool or benidorm!!
some people like a bit of hustle and bustle, and not everybody drives so i-drive is ideal for them, everything on your doorstep..
and lets face it we cant all afford our own villa!!!
which most of the time are stuck out in the middle of nowhere..

LiesaAnna
05-02-2005, 13:30
right now i wouldnt mind a trip to Blackpool or Benidorm!

and no i dont think we will ever be able to afford our own villa, so love using other peoples, dont mind where they are within reason just as long as i'm in florida and not cooking for two weeks![msnwink]

Nostromo
05-02-2005, 13:58
Speaking of 'tacky' hotels around Orlando, some people can go really bargain basement. Some Aussie friends of mine (I think I mentioned them before) always choose the cheapest accommodations wherever they go on the basis that one does very little in them except flop into bed and go to sleep till going out the next morning. Therefore, they were looking at places like Gator Motel to spend 2 weeks while visiting Orlando soon. When I tried to extoll the benefits of OV villas, they just laughed and said "our own swimming pool? We have that back in Maitland, mate!" and did not seem impressed. I had to leave it at that.

chrizzy100
05-02-2005, 19:42
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Nostromo
Speaking of 'tacky' hotels around Orlando, some people can go really bargain basement. Some Aussie friends of mine (I think I mentioned them before) always choose the cheapest accommodations wherever they go on the basis that one does very little in them except flop into bed and go to sleep till going out the next morning. Therefore, they were looking at places like Gator Motel to spend 2 weeks while visiting Orlando soon. When I tried to extoll the benefits of OV villas, they just laughed and said "our own swimming pool? We have that back in Maitland, mate!" and did not seem impressed. I had to leave it at that.
[/quote]

A lot of the people we know are the same.........most have very large pools and big houses.....so to them most of FL villas pools are just a large puddle............they may not use cheap hotels.....but they like us in a way... like the feel of a nice hotel.....we are all different....its what makes the world go round......[msnsmile2]

Nostromo
05-02-2005, 21:29
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by chrizzy100

[i]
A lot of the people we know are the same.........most have very large pools and big houses.....so to them most of FL villas pools are just a large puddle............they may not use cheap hotels.....but they like us in a way... like the feel of a nice hotel.....we are all different....its what makes the world go round......[msnsmile2]

I suppose it figures with the people I mentioned. In Australia they have lots more sunshine and lots more swimming pools than in the UK and on looking at it from their point of view, I am not surprised that they did not think having a villa with a private pool was such a big deal.

ianandsue
05-02-2005, 23:12
We have stayed at the Whyndam on the I Drive which was very nice, but after our last visit did notice the congestion of traffic more so
than ever before, and remember trying to cross those lights and feeling as though we were dicing with death.
Sue

Newhomebuyer
06-02-2005, 12:41
I have stayed at a number of hotels on Hotel Plaza Boulevard. I really like the location, just a walk to Downtown Disney or the restaurants at Crossroads. They all have frequent shuttles to the theme parks and you can choose according to your budget.

Steve and Dawn
21-02-2005, 00:15
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Josie Jump

So any ideas ?

Thanks
[/quote]

Don't know if you have already decided on something, but we have been booked to stay there one time and when we went to check in we asked if we could upgrade to the hotel next door (Rosen Plaza) Nice 4* Hotel owned by the same company Harry Rosen Hotels hew owns 5 hotels on I Drive. Another nice one is Rozen Center, a bit further up the drive nearer Sea World, not so easy to walk anywhere from there tho. We have had upgrades to suites in both these hotels, just by having an anniversary[msnwink][msnwink].

Steve & Dawn