PDA

View Full Version : Elvis fans only

MaggieAllan
14-01-2005, 14:14
The Vegas photos got me thinking (dangerous isn't it)

I love the classic Elvis numbers and just wondered what anyone elses favourite is? I'm not into him that much that I dress up or anything, but you can't knock a good song can you???

My favourite is ...The Wonder of You...It makes my hairs stand on end.

I also find his music great to play whist doing the housework....not played him much since joining this forum[msntongue]

LiesaAnna
14-01-2005, 14:23
oh maggie!!!! make me think of him all day now!!!!
Wooden Heart!!! i got a copy from 1964 and i love it sooooooo much!!!
but i love most of Elvis Presley songs!!!!!!!![clap][clap][clap][clap][clap]

Nostromo
14-01-2005, 14:29
I'm old fashioned and like 'Jailhouse Rock'. The actual film worked much better in Black & White and the song sequence would not have had the same effect in colour.

But I've got all his CD's and every Elvis movie released on DVD.

LiesaAnna
14-01-2005, 14:49
oh definately!!![clap]
i love lots of the Elvis movies!!! he was so lovely, i made a s,c,r,a,p book of his things when i was younger and it broke my heart when he died!

Cruella DeVilla
14-01-2005, 18:33
Hey we love "The King", he is not dead either, he married us in Las Vegas...........Sounds tacky and we said before we went no Elvis weddings but it was such an experience neither of us will forget it and all our friends loved it when we showed them the video and talked about it for days!

The actual guy who married us....he actually was the top Elvis impersonator in Vegas and made that much cash he bought a run down motel tuned it into a fantastic themed hotel and opened the wedding chapel, we were there looking at the Chapel when Elvis walked out ready to do a ceremony for some young couple and to cut a long story short we ended up being witnesses for them and it was so good we decided for something along those lines...of course the parents were horrified but hey..................The wedding suites were themed around Elvis and one had a pink cadillac in it!!!!!!!! We went for the tradtional honeymoon suite but it was something else to. God I sound like an advert for him!

Now back to the subject in hand...........
I have to think hard about my favourite song, we have so many, thinking quickly I love: Americn Trilogy, Kentucky Rain and In the ghetto. I used to cry my eyes out as a wee girl to Old Shep and used to ask my Mum to put it on all the time. I also love The wonder of you! At the wedding we had Viva Las Vegas, Can't help falling in love with you and (if I was forced to choose my favourite)...Love me Tender..cause Mr CDV cried at that as "Elvis" sung that when I walked down the aisle...sorry honey..xxxxx

LiesaAnna
14-01-2005, 21:05
oh CDV thats so moving!!!!:D

Ray&Sarah
14-01-2005, 22:21
Thats my favourite one too CDV "Love me Tender".

Sounds like your wedding was a day to remember.[msnsmile2]

Cruella DeVilla
14-01-2005, 23:44
Maybe I will bore you one day with some pictures, but like Liesa I hate resizing them all!

Nostromo
14-01-2005, 23:50
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Cruella DeVilla
Maybe I will bore you one day with some pictures, but like Liesa I hate resizing them all!
[/quote]

CDV, I can assure you that we won't be bored. You must have looked great, with or without resizing. [msnwink]

Cruella DeVilla
14-01-2005, 23:53
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Nostromo
[/quote]

CDV, I can assure you that we won't be bored. You must have looked great, with or without resizing. [msnwink]
[/quote]

[:I]
I will endeavour to dig them out and give you all a look!

Ray&Sarah
15-01-2005, 03:12
Looking forward to that CDV.[msnsmile2]

Mo Green
15-01-2005, 16:54
Saw a great film on TV while we were over there about a haunted (mental)hospital (non-scarey and quite funny). One of the main characters was an elderly Elvis Presley who had swapped roles with an Elvis impersonator when he (the real Elvis) got fed up with singing and it was the impersonator who had died! When the real Elvis decided to own up nobody believed him and he was sent to the mental hospital. Got me thinking what if..........!

flyrr100
15-01-2005, 17:38
I love 'Mary in the Morning' from the 'That's The Way It Is' soundtrack album. Because I used to date a Mary back in Twickenham about a million years ago and she looked lovely in the morning!
Aaaaawww... I'm all teary now!

Elvis rocks. Even my 10 year old daughter is an Elvis fan!

jolliffee
15-01-2005, 20:08
Here is my vote but I like most of them so I reserve the right to change my mind: 1)Suspicious Minds 2)Little Sister 3) The new version of A Little Less Conversation[msnsmile2]

poet123
15-01-2005, 23:37
My favourite Elvis track is "just cant help believing" love it![clap][clap]

florida4sun
17-01-2005, 03:27
Any one seen the 'Elvis on Tour Show'that is going round now? Sounds great, elvis on varios screens with his original nband and backup playing live.

amy
17-01-2005, 04:21
My favouite is 'Kentucky rain' a real good tune, not the good for practacing your Karate moves to though[msnwink]

jolliffee
18-01-2005, 17:37
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by florida4sun
Any one seen the 'Elvis on Tour Show'that is going round now? Sounds great, elvis on varios screens with his original nband and backup playing live.
[/quote]

So Elvis Lives then?[msnsmile2]

Cruella DeVilla
18-01-2005, 17:39
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by jolliffee
[/quote]

[/quote]

OH YEAH............YOU CAN BET YOUR BLUE SUEDE SHOES ON IT!

jolliffee
18-01-2005, 22:18
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by jolliffee
[/quote]

[/quote]

OH YEAH............YOU CAN BET YOUR BLUE SUEDE SHOES ON IT!
[/quote]

I can see my old 78's are gonna have to get played again...

LiesaAnna
18-01-2005, 22:20
ha ha ha !!!!!!!!!!!! 78's[msnwink]

Cruella DeVilla
19-01-2005, 01:16
What's a 78 Dave?;)

Nostromo
19-01-2005, 01:20
What's a 78 Dave?;)
[/quote]

I think he means the old 78RPM shellac records. They are very rare now and in good condition quite collectable.

E. Cosgrove
19-01-2005, 03:01
I'm not a big Elvis fan but I love YOU ARE ALWAYS ON MY MIND, that was one of his wasn't it?[msnembarrased]
I like the version by the Pet Shop Boys best [msnsmile2]
OOh yes and SUSPICIOUS MINDS.......By Fine Young Cannibals. Each to his own eh[msnwink]

jolliffee
19-01-2005, 03:39
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Nostromo
What's a 78 Dave?;)
[/quote]

I think he means the old 78RPM shellac records. They are very rare now and in good condition quite collectable.
[/quote]

U guys, so young!

LiesaAnna
19-01-2005, 03:41
i havent even got any of them, but i do have all the Bay City Rollers albums!!!!!!!!!
and some of Elvis's 33rpm