PDA

View Full Version : advice on florida keys

sueperks
14-01-2005, 01:51
can anyone reccommend where to go/stay in florida keys (upper or middle). Like to walk out in pm. lots of resturants. nice beach. have 2 small children.
thanks for any help anyone can give

Nostromo
14-01-2005, 11:04
A lot of people traditionally stay ay Key Largo or Key West, but the other islands have excellent accommodation facilities too. There are really too many hotels to list here, but if you do a keyword (no pun intended) search on Google, you'll be spoilt for choice of hotels. Most sites have accommodation links with details of amenities, tariff and on-line booking facilities. Browse slowly, take your time choosing and go ahead.

ringwood1
14-01-2005, 21:00
I did a fly-drive two years ago and just drove down through the Keys and found a hotel I liked. There was no problem and we found most places had vacancies. Our children we quite young and we were very disappointed with the beaches (there weren't any) and the water got deep very quickly. We loved Key West the best as it seems very laid back. I don't think I would go again as the Gulf Coast beaches were a lot better.

Fiona

Ray&Sarah
14-01-2005, 21:40
We stayed in Key Largo a few years ago, think with hind sight we should have chosen Key West though, mind you for beaches you can't beat the Gulf Coast.[msnsmile2]

Ruth
14-01-2005, 22:13
We love the Keys but now we have children we go to the Gulf coast instead as I am sure the children would be bored at the Keys. once they are old enough to learn to scuba we will go back to Key Largo so they can learn. Most of the Keys is fishing and diving, I don't remember seeing a beach while we were there. If you go somewhere with nightlife like Key West then that is also not very children friendly. We all love the Gulf coast as mostly enjoy the beaches and boat trips to watch the dolphins:)