PDA

View Full Version : Viva Las Vegas

ORLANDO_MAGIC
13-01-2005, 23:44
Like everyone here i Love Orlando, but i have to admit that Las Vegas runs it very close,so seeing as i have taken more photos in Vegas than Orlando i thought i would put a few in here,but i think its best if i just include a link to them rather than place them all on this page,so anyone interested in seeing some pics taken in Vegas please feel free to go take a look...just give the page a minute to load as there are quite a few to see:D

John.

http://mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk/johnny_english/LV.html

Nostromo
14-01-2005, 00:02
Fantastic photos OM. I've been 3 times to LV and agree with you that next to the Big 'O', LV is best. But I don't think X-scream was on when we visited and so would like your feedback on that one. That ride and BIG SHOT will definitely be on my books in the next visit, probably in 2007 (in combination with our Orlando trip). Bellagio and Venetian notwithsatnding, I still prefer the more lively atmosphere of Caesar's Palace, The Mirage or Rio.

All your photos should make those who have never been to Vegas want to go. But I think the 'from my bed' shot with its tantalisingly suggestive glimpse of the nightlife outside is the best one. Well done.:)

Cruella DeVilla
14-01-2005, 00:24
We got married in Vegas, what a fantastic time we had!

Nostromo
14-01-2005, 00:58
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Cruella DeVilla
We got married in Vegas, what a fantastic time we had!
[/quote]

Hey, that's great! Do you still have the photos? How about posting them if you or Mr CDV don't mind?

julieanne
14-01-2005, 01:36
<span style="color:red">VEGAS - I LOVE IT TOO!!!!!</span id="red">

What wonderful photos OM, brings back so many memories. Wish I could take photos like that...

I talk about Vegas almost as much as I talk about Florida - but I guess we shouldn't get carried away after all this is a Florida forum [msnwink]

Magical Dreams
14-01-2005, 01:56
Love the Photo's!!

The X-Scream looks amazing!!

God thats high!!
[sick]

Snapper
14-01-2005, 01:57
Is Las Vegas just one of the greatest places to take photographs or what? I love it too.

Where did you glide from? I flew a couple of times out of Jean but didn't yet get the hang of blue-sky soaring.

Sally D
14-01-2005, 02:15
Fantastic, I want to go.[msnsad]
Think I would give x-scream a miss though.[sick]

shenon
14-01-2005, 04:04
john we love vegas too...did you stay at the flamingo hilton...we stayed there it was fabulous we had two suites amazing...did the canyon...spectacular....can not wait to go back:):):)

Nostromo
14-01-2005, 10:58
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Snapper
Is Las Vegas just one of the greatest places to take photographs or what? [/quote]

It is Snapper. Some of the best pics of 'The Strip' are from off strip locations. The balconies at the Rio facing the strip are among the best vantage points for pictures. You can set-up your tripod there and try long exposure effects at night.

MaggieAllan
14-01-2005, 12:57
Fantastic photos, we hope to go there as part of our 25th anniversary trip in 2010. The bontempi Elvis music had me in fits of giggles...thanks for brightening up my day!

julieanne
14-01-2005, 13:16
Just been having yet another look at your great photos John.
See something different every time.

This time I spotted you didn't have creme brulee on your Aladdin desert plate [msnoo]
How could you miss out on that [msnoo] [msnwink]

Nostromo
14-01-2005, 13:58
Does anyone know what Roy's condition is, after that mauling by his lion last year? I loved the 'Siegfried & Roy' show, but have not followed recent developments.

LiesaAnna
14-01-2005, 14:43
John again very good!!! the music set to the pics is lovely! really sets the mood!
cant wait to show my friends who went there in oct 04! they will love to be reminded!
thankyou!

Snapper
14-01-2005, 14:53
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Nostromo
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Snapper
Is Las Vegas just one of the greatest places to take photographs or what? [/quote]

It is Snapper. Some of the best pics of 'The Strip' are from off strip locations. The balconies at the Rio facing the strip are among the best vantage points for pictures. You can set-up your tripod there and try long exposure effects at night.
[/quote]

I also like the top floor of the car park at the airport for photography. Depending on which runway is in use you can get the planes flying across the front of the Luxor and other hotels at the south end of the strip.

Nostromo
14-01-2005, 16:58
For anyone planning a visit to Las Vegas, there is a "Brit's Guide" by Karen Marchbank that is just as good as SV's Orlando one, complete with 'Brit tips' and all that. :)

Ray&Sarah
14-01-2005, 20:50
Fantasic photos John, took me right back to our stay there. We loved the Bellagio fountains. We stayed at Circus Circus as we have two sons who appreciated having a theme park on hand. If we went again though I think I would opt for Caesars Palace, loved that one the best. [msnsmile2]

ORLANDO_MAGIC
15-01-2005, 04:46
NOSTROMO...Although X.Scream does not have the excitement of a Hulk,Kraken or DD it is unique and being 886 feet from the ground its one of the highest thrill rides in the World,along with the high roller and the highest,and best of them all,The Big Shot,all at the Stratosphere hotel.

Basically its just a long metal arm that drops over the edge of the hotel,and shoots you at speeds of up to 30mph to the end of the lever three times on the trot,with one surprise jolt which your not expecting the first time.

Of course its the fact your so high up and exposed thats the thrill,and from the front 2 seats there is nothing between you and the concrete floor way down below.

You have to keep your eyes open because the views of the strip and surrounding areas are stunning,both day and night.

http://www.orlando-guide.info/forums/Data/ORLANDO_MAGIC/200511502730_X.jpg
X.SCREAM

As i said earlier the Big Shot imo is the greatest thrill ride anywhere,simply because you are catapulted 160 feet into the Vegas sky reaching 1081 feet by the time you hit the top and leave your seat for a second or two of air time before dropping back down.

And as you can imagine the views you can see from way up there are incredible,and im just sorry i could not take my camera on with me,although i did try a couple of times...lol.

Believe it or not there is a new ride being built right this minute called "Insane" and it looks quite a ride,which i will be riding later this year i hope as it will be finished by the spring if all goes well.

http://www.orlando-guide.info/forums/Data/ORLANDO_MAGIC/20051150297_insane.jpg
INSANE.

SNAPPER

I was driven to boulder city by my Russian driver,who was also my glider pilot,and once we ascended to over 7,000 feet he turned the engine off and we just glided on the thermals for around 25 minutes,over the Hoover Dam and surrounding areas,and i even got to do some steering before we came in to land,which was quite an experience.

http://www.orlando-guide.info/forums/Data/ORLANDO_MAGIC/20051150360_GLIDE.jpg
MY GLIDER

And yes Snapper,your dead right,Vegas has to be one of the best,if not thee best places to take photos,and though i was happy with most of my photos,some of the night time ones were not great as i only use a digital,and seeing your Epcot fireworks photos,i can only imagine what amazing photos you would take of all that neon if you put your mind to it.

SHENON...No i did not stay at the Flamingo but i did stay very close at the Barbary Coast and Harrahs on my last trip,and i do love visiting the Flamingo wildlife habitat where only in Vegas could you see Penguins in the desert...lol.

JULIEANN...Sorry i had no creme brulee on my plate,but after an all i could eat dinner there was only room in my belly for 6 desserts,although you will be glad to hear i did have a couple when i ate at the Paris buffet the same week.

John[8D]

LiesaAnna
15-01-2005, 12:00
John,
your certainly becoming a valuble member of this site!!! i love all your photos, whats this bbout being dropped over the side of a hotel? have i read that right??????

KJH
15-01-2005, 12:27
I can't even go on Kiddies rides, so seeing the pictures of the coasters had my stomach churning. Great photos though.

ORLANDO_MAGIC
15-01-2005, 13:35
Relax LiesaAnna, they dont actually drop you over the edge to your death[:O]lol.

To get a better idea of this ride follow the link below and see the short video i took of it.
it will take between 30 seconds and 2 minutes to load,depending on what dial up connection you have. &gt;&gt;&gt;

http://mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk/u_s_a/XSCREAMMOVIE.html

Nostromo
15-01-2005, 13:57
John (Orlando Magic), thanks for the info! I love the scariest of rides and will make sure that I go to X-scream and Insane on my next visit to LV. This 'Insane' looks...well, insane! I suppose people who want to ride it should be that too!:D

Ray&Sarah
15-01-2005, 14:01
I think that I will give X-Scream a miss thsnks John.[msnscared][msnsmile2]

LiesaAnna
15-01-2005, 15:32
they look good on video!!!
hubby wants to try somewhere different in the US maybe i'll take him there! he and 16 year old would love these they are as crazy as you!!!
thanks john![clap]

tezz7628
15-01-2005, 15:54
liked your various movies interesting choice of music for <span style="color:blue">roller coaster</span id="blue"> kraken [laugh]

chunkichik
15-01-2005, 19:20
lovely lovely photos, but X-scream!!! nooooooooooooo I am afraid that I would poop myself lol

jolliffee
15-01-2005, 19:39
Fantasic photos John, and the chat that goes with them, never been there myself so maybe need to put it on the list.[msnsmile2]