PDA

View Full Version : e-tickets

poohbear
13-01-2005, 19:38
i booked my fights (virgin) online i had to print an e-ticket? are these ok as i just feel uneasy about not having a proper ticket sent to me. what happens with it when i check in? sorry to be ignorant but its just bit too modern for me.

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
13-01-2005, 19:45
Yes they are - we've used e-tickets on our last two trips with Virgin and had no problem at all.

wrpac00
13-01-2005, 19:45
You just show it at checkin and they will give you your boarding pass, it will be the same at the other end, you will have to produce your e-ticket. It is the only way I have ever done it with Virgin as I always book over the internet.

caroline
13-01-2005, 19:49
We've used e tickets for the last 5 years or so, no problems. As Paul said just take it to check in with you.
In fact the last time we checked in for a US flight they only asked for our passports (didn't even want to look at the e ticket)

poohbear
13-01-2005, 19:51
so do i show the same e-ticket either end gatwick/mco?

KJH
13-01-2005, 19:57
Your return details will be printed either with the outgoing one, or on the next page

caroline
13-01-2005, 20:01
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by poohbear
so do i show the same e-ticket either end gatwick/mco?
[/quote]

Yes, although they may just ask for your passports.

Lynnes
13-01-2005, 20:13
We always fly BA and use e tickets, never ever had a problem in fact they never seem to want to even see them.

E. Cosgrove
13-01-2005, 20:42
You can even check in online before you go the airport. No queueing when you get there just go to the fast bag drop.:D

poohbear
13-01-2005, 21:00
i was thinking of using the twilight check in as we are staying at the hilton hotel the night before....cant wait

daisy
13-01-2005, 22:43
hi we had e tickets for the first time this year going to san francisco and i was a bit apprehensive about just turning up with a piece of paper printed out from computer but it was fine they give you boarding passes forgotten which way but at some point didnt even need to show piece of paper they just needed your passport which i thought was strange but you are already booked on the plane. dont worry it wil be fine.

poohbear
13-01-2005, 22:56
thankyou everybody [msnsmile2]

13-01-2005, 23:57
In fact all you need is your booking reference!!!![msnwink]

Madabouttigger
14-01-2005, 00:35
How on earth did we cope before the Internet? Come to think of it, how did we cope before the Orlando Villa Forum??[msnscared]

Nostromo
14-01-2005, 10:45
There is an advantage with e-tickets that you do not have with conventional ones. You can print two or more copies out and keep the second copy secure in a separate part of your luggage. In the event that you lose one copy, you have a back-up. We do it all the time.:)

14-01-2005, 20:57
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Nostromo
There is an advantage with e-tickets that you do not have with conventional ones. You can print two or more copies out and keep the second copy secure in a separate part of your luggage. In the event that you lose one copy, you have a back-up. We do it all the time.:)
[/quote]

I also save the booking reference in my mobile phones!!! I then send myself a text message with all the flight details on. Also if you have a lap top with you, your details wll be on there too!!!![msnwink]