PDA

View Full Version : Mouse Boats

millie
13-01-2005, 00:29
My husbands wants to rent one of these to keep our 3 year old occupied while we shop at Downtown Disney. I have read you can rent them from the Hotels round the Seven Seas Lagoon but is it possible to rent them from Downtown Disney itself?

Has anyone done this recently, and if so what did you think?

Lx

athurstance
13-01-2005, 02:44
You can rent them at Downtown Disney - there is a boardwalk into the lake area and a white building on it. There is a little kiosk there were you rent them and take them out from the quay nearby. You need photo id and I think you have to be over 18 to drive them.
They are fun to drive and the kids enjoyed it.

Nostromo
13-01-2005, 11:07
That's right. Mouse Bats can be rented at the Marina of DD.

"Other activities at the Marketplace include boat rentals at the marina. Water Mouse boats are small two-seater speed boats that can be rented for about $20 per half hour. The minimum age to drive is 14, and the driver must be at least 5 feet tall. There is also a small carousel and a train, which young children can ride with the purchase of a ticket. The train is similar to what you would see at your local shopping mall, but kids seem to love it!"

Boat Rentals are Available

Rich-n-Ang
13-01-2005, 14:49
We hired one of the larger boats a few years ago from here, they are very easy to operate and an ideal way to spend an hour or so.

Nostromo
13-01-2005, 17:01
We hired similar ones in Euro-Disney in the summer of 2001. On the day we arrived, we just missed the boat (quite literally) when the office closed for the day. My then 6 year old niece was so disppointed that the guy in charge allowed us (her and me) almost double time for the money paid on the following day. One of the few really positive experiences from Euro-Disney.

Nostromo
13-01-2005, 20:58
Oops! Looks like the Mouse Boat link that I posted has been Blotted. I must have missed something applicable - sorry Boss...I mean Blott. Millie, I have DMed the link to you.

millie
13-01-2005, 21:36
Thank you - I got it!

Can't see why it would have been edited though - its a bit harsh!