PDA

View Full Version : presidents day

alfie
12-01-2005, 17:49
hi all, could anyone tell me what date presidents day holiday fall's on this year, was over there feb a few years ago and it got very busy that week, i know it is the 3rd Monday in February but was wondering if this is strickly adhered to e.g 21st

ctgirlscout
12-01-2005, 18:25
The holiday is going to vary from place to place. For example, in our school district, the kids actually have Feb. 14 and 17 off for Washington and Lincoln's birthdays, so it is a four day holiday. Other places may just have the 21st off.

mm69340
12-01-2005, 22:54
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by ctgirlscout
The holiday is going to vary from place to place. For example, in our school district, the kids actually have Feb. 14 and 17 off for Washington and Lincoln's birthdays, so it is a four day holiday. Other places may just have the 21st off.
[/quote]

Teresa, you need to move a little north to Massachusetts or further up Connecticut. We always get the week off starting with President's day. Our friends in South Windsor and Norwalk Connecticut also get that week off. I am surprised I still have that week available. I had a cancellation, so I think that is my problem.

Howard
12-01-2005, 23:10
We were there the week of President's Day last year and we didn't really find it all that busy. Longest queues at the top rides were around 30 mins.

ctgirlscout
13-01-2005, 07:00
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by mm69340
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by ctgirlscout
[/quote]

Teresa, you need to move a little north to Massachusetts or further up Connecticut. We always get the week off starting with President's day. Our friends in South Windsor and Norwalk Connecticut also get that week off. I am surprised I still have that week available. I had a cancellation, so I think that is my problem.
[/quote]

We never get a full week in Feb. I think they are afraid with all the snow days that we wouldn't be able to get in the required number of days before the end of June.

pieman790
13-01-2005, 16:58
Dont forget it half term in many places in the Uk around the middle of February so it will be busy with British people as well.

alfie
13-01-2005, 19:21
UK half term this year is week before president day so should be busy with brits for a week and holidays in US the following week we are over half term here yippeee booked it mid last year and was a nightmare getting flights so cutting our two week hol down to 12 days to get the flight coming home so should be very busy.

tonykirsty
15-01-2005, 03:56
UK half term varies this year. Ours in Essex is 21st - 25th, so we are coming from 19th to 26th. What days can we expect busy parks? I assume Sunday and Monday will be busy but hope it will become quieter for the rest of the week. Are all the parks equally busy or is there a recommended destination for Sunday/Monday?

KJH
15-01-2005, 12:09
Our half term in UK is 14th-18th Feb. We fly back on the 18th

alfie
15-01-2005, 14:27
a few years ago we were over around presidents day and found the parks busier then normal the weekend prior to the holiday monday. We found the actual holiday monday not too bad as like in the uk people were taking a long weekend as so travelling back to wherever on the Monday. Last year we were over 1st 2 weeks of June and MGM and magical kingdom was absolutely packed out!! we left before the parade as we could not move so even over the president holidays in feb was reasonably empty in comparison.

njstringer
16-01-2005, 20:39
Half Term in West Sussex is also 14th to 18th Feb, and we also fly home on 18th Feb.

We have been out in Florida three times for Presidents Day and tend not to do the Parks, but to hit the shops as alot of the big stores like JCPenny and Sears and Dillans have 70% sales, so we usually head off to the malls.

Rachel