PDA

View Full Version : Playstation 2

Nigel Edwards
04-01-2003, 21:29
If going to Orlando wasnt enough, we 'must' purchase a PS2 so that after that long 10 min drive from disney back to the villa we can continue the fun with one of these must have toys!!
So Does anyone know where the best price can be sought and do the games in the UK play on USA units?

Thanks

nigel

caroline
04-01-2003, 21:44
Hi Nigel
Don't know where is the cheapest place to buy the "dreaded machine" (we went to Wal Mart!!) and no the UK games don't work on the US machines - or the other way round:(

Biggus
04-01-2003, 23:02
Nigel,
I think that I read somewehere that a US PS2 can be converted to utilise the UK software and vice versa. Something about a multiregion chip, that can be installed by a console shop (like Game or Electronics Boutique). I would give your local branch a call before you leave the UK to confirm whether this is possible and the cost of doing it, as the saving from buying one in the States could be lessened by the cost of the chip installation! Plus do not forget that the warranty on PS2 when opened up is invalidated so it might not be worth the hassle and cost of picking one up in the US.
The interesting bit might be on your return trying to explain to Mr Customs officer why you took PS2 with you to the States in the first place of course!!

Biggus
04-01-2003, 23:05
Sorry Nigel for being a numpty!!

I have just realised that you are an owner and was asking about buying one for your villa!! Silly me trying to be helpful without reading between the lines!![:I][:o)][:o)][:I]

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
05-01-2003, 03:13
Hi Nigel

Don't forget that a PS2 plays DVDs too so why not treat yourself and guests to a couple of feature length movies.

At home we play DVDs on our PS2 although I have to admit there is a heavy Disney and Scooby Doo bias in our collection:).

In the US we bought ours from Walmart -where else!!!

Sarah