PDA

View Full Version : 5 Park Flex Ticket - Buy in UK or US?

Biggus
03-01-2003, 23:55
Dear Experts,
I guess you must have been asked this a thousand million times (OK a small exaggeration!) but looking at the current exchange rate it is cheaper to get the price quoted in $US rather than £UK. Even looking at the prices quoted via the link from this website (good quote on all tickets I might add!) the $US price of $198 works out at about £129 (I think that the current exchange rate of $1.53 to £1 is correct) and the same ticket in £UK is £148. When we are intending to buy 5x 5 Park Flex tickets this is a saving of nearly £100 in total (Which my wife will EASILY spend in Belz within the hour!!)[:0][:0][:0]
Can I do it this way round (will they sell to non US citizens in $US?)

Also as a seperate issue (I don't want to take the #%&@ - but thanking you in advance might help) Can you buy a single day ticket admission to the Magic Kingdom? My wife would love to go back with her friend (who has never been) to the MK (as they are both Winne the Pooh/Tigger/Eyore nuts!!) but does not want to spend more than a day/evening doing it and does not want to visit any other WDW park. If so how much etc.

Cheers for any help you might be able to offer,

Biggus (I want to become more than a Florida Newbie!)

Carla
04-01-2003, 03:12
Hi Biggus

Your wife and her friend should get their single MK day ticket at the gate when they arrive.

Any American based ticket company will happily sell to you and will charge your credit card in dollars. Don't forget though that the saving may not be quite as great, as once you get to their "checkout" they may well add on 7% tax, so remember to take this into account.

Happy holidays!!

florida4sun
04-01-2003, 03:31
Yes you can buy the US tickets although we will not mail them accross the water we do deliver to most vaction homes and hotels for a small fee. Or we have noffice open for tickets colection 365 days a year 8.30 am to 8.30pm.
You can get 1 day Disney tickets from the park only, they are around $55 each.

quote:Originally posted by Biggus

Dear Experts,
I guess you must have been asked this a thousand million times (OK a small exaggeration!) but looking at the current exchange rate it is cheaper to get the price quoted in $US rather than £UK. Even looking at the prices quoted via the link from this website (good quote on all tickets I might add!) the $US price of Earl $198 works out at about £129 (I think that the current exchange rate of $1.53 to £1 is correct) and the same ticket in £UK is £148. When we are intending to buy 5x 5 Park Flex tickets this is a saving of nearly £100 in total (Which my wife will EASILY spend in Belz within the hour!!)[:0][:0][:0]
Can I do it this way round (will they sell to non US citizens in $US?)

Also as a seperate issue (I don't want to take the #%&@ - but thanking you in advance might help) Can you buy a single day ticket admission to the Magic Kingdom? My wife would love to go back with her friend (who has never been) to the MK (as they are both Winne the Pooh/Tigger/Eyore nuts!!) but does not want to spend more than a day/evening doing it and does not want to visit any other WDW park. If so how much etc.

Cheers for any help you might be able to offer,

Biggus (I want to become more than a Florida Newbie!)

florida4sun
04-01-2003, 04:49
The ticket prices on OV do include tax [8D] and do work out much cheaper than buying them in the UK.

quote:Originally posted by Carla

Hi Biggus

Your wife and her friend should get their single MK day ticket at the gate when they arrive.

Any American based ticket company will happily sell to you and will charge your credit card in dollars. Don't forget though that the saving may not be quite as great, as once you get to their "checkout" they may well add on 7% tax, so remember to take this into account.

Happy holidays!!

Biggus
04-01-2003, 21:53
Carla/Martin,

Thank you very much for you replies they have been most helpful.

Martin - I guess that i will be in touch in the near future.

Kinds Regards,

Biggus

Carla
04-01-2003, 21:58
Martin, a number of ticket companies based in Florida will quite happily mail them to the UK, often at no extra charge.

Biggus
04-01-2003, 22:07
Carla,

Do you know who and do they have websites??

Biggus

Carla
05-01-2003, 16:24
Have a wonderful trip Biggus and you never know they may end up re-scheduling a launch and you might get to see one.

florida4sun
05-01-2003, 18:46
Yes but its illegal. We deal with one of Disneys largest ticket purchasers and they are having a big clamp down on such companies at present.

quote:Originally posted by Carla

Martin, a number of ticket companies based in Florida will quite happily mail them to the UK, often at no extra charge.

Carla
05-01-2003, 19:27
Who says that it is illegal and can you show me the law that states this?