09-01-2005, 22:39
If you had the choice of celebrating a seasonal Holiday in Florida

Which would it be??

And tell us why??
[lucky][clap][clap][lucky]

Magical Dreams
09-01-2005, 22:41
Has to be CHRISTMAS for us.

The most Magical time of Year, especially when you have little ones!!

Looking forward to this Christmas!!
Its our turn to be there this year!!

[xmas1][xmas1][xmas1][xmas1][xmas1]

LiesaAnna
09-01-2005, 22:55
yes the same here! its so lovely and colourful all the decorations everywhere and everyone is very very happy!!
just a very lovely place to be!!!
maybe one year! and when you think of the weather .............

we have stayed there twice at the first two weeks of december but would love to be in florida for christmas, hubby worries about the grown up kids we would leave behind! i wouldnt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! peace.....[msnwink]

Cruella DeVilla
09-01-2005, 22:58
I love Christmas so this one was easy![xmas2][xmas2][xmas2][xmas2]

blott
09-01-2005, 23:13
There's nothing to beat Florida at Christmas as the whole place is just... er... magical! :)

brizzle
09-01-2005, 23:38
Christmas hands down.
The other times of year have been fantastic but I always have the niggling feeling in my head something is missing.

Brizzle.

Ray&Sarah
10-01-2005, 00:11
Had to be Christmas for us too, nothing like having a superb christmas dinner and then drinks out by the pool.[msnsmile2]

Nostromo
10-01-2005, 00:43
Christmas for me too, but I would definitely include the New Year as well. Plan it differently so that one concentrates on the celebrations and partying.

KJH
10-01-2005, 02:17
Do not like the busy times and having to wait.

chunkichik
10-01-2005, 21:19
Would love to spend Christmas there, I always imagine the atmosphere in MK must be fantastic!!!!! although after hearing that the park is usually full by 9am did put me off a bit!!!

Ray&Sarah
10-01-2005, 21:22
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by chunkichik
Would love to spend Christmas there, I always imagine the atmosphere in MK must be fantastic!!!!! although after hearing that the park is usually full by 9am did put me off a bit!!!
[/quote]

We love Christmas in Orlando but after our experience in MK on Christmas day a few years ago we wouldn't venture into the parks. We enjoy just spending the day relaxing.[msnsmile2]

Sally D
10-01-2005, 21:40
We have been at Halloween and Easter so would love to spend Christmas there. My husband and two of my daughters agree but can't get the 10 year old to agree.
Sally

CarolAnn
10-01-2005, 22:28
I adore Halloween in Florida, we have done so many, and never tire of it!! Though now we are fortunate enough to have our villa out there , I must confess, I was very jealous of all those who had decided to go for xmas, and talked on here of how wonderful it was. So, maybe Xmas will soon be my fav holiday season in Florida too, once I try it out!![8D]

bellaepovera
10-01-2005, 22:34
I would also love to spend Xmas and New Years there but prefer the weather to be a bit warmer! Easter would be my pick if I had a choice!

Ana
10-01-2005, 23:47
4th of July is my son's birthday, so we like to spend it there when we can! Christmas is pretty fantastic too and a close second choice!

luckylady
11-07-2005, 13:22
Christmas for me, we love Florida at Christmas time the "Magic" is in the air you can feel it
One small thing I cannot get my head round is seeing Christmas trees in warm weather and brilliant sunshine

domster
11-07-2005, 21:54
I went 5 years ago over Halloween and was real spooky at Universal. Scared the living daylights out of me.

resorthomerentals
11-07-2005, 22:32
We can do a quick trip at Halloween. I prefer to stay home for Christmas and Easter and visit with family - plus they are the easiest times to rent out the villa.:D

taylona
12-07-2005, 00:22
I've done Thanksgiving and Easter. I love Easter as the weather was perfect for us. We all love Christmas in England and enjoy the festivities but I'll have to try one in Florida - just been a little put off by the cooler temperatures.

E. Cosgrove
12-07-2005, 01:18
I voted for Christmas, cos that means I wouldn't be working. I have had only 2 holidays over the christmas period in the last 30 years. ( where are the violins? ) The most I usually get is 3 days and then only if Christmas falls at the weekend and it is not my weekend to work[msnsad] I have had several holidays at New Year though
I have worked Christmas day for the past 6 years and again this year, although I must admit when my kids were little I often managed to wangle Christmas day off.
So in 7 years time when I retire:D Guess where I will be spending Christmas?:D:D:D
And before anyone makes a crack about my age, we get to retire early in the nursing profession[msnwink]

becbecs
12-07-2005, 03:22
Has to be xmas, as its such a special time. Plus never had xmas in Florida before, but is surely in our plans for the future.

luckylady
12-07-2005, 03:48
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by E. Cosgrove
I voted for Christmas, cos that means I wouldn't be working. I have had only 2 holidays over the christmas period in the last 30 years. ( where are the violins? ) The most I usually get is 3 days and then only if Christmas falls at the weekend and it is not my weekend to work[msnsad] I have had several holidays at New Year though
I have worked Christmas day for the past 6 years and again this year, although I must admit when my kids were little I often managed to wangle Christmas day off.
So in 7 years time when I retire:D Guess where I will be spending Christmas?:D:D:D
And before anyone makes a crack about my age, we get to retire early in the nursing profession[msnwink]
[/quote]

[laugh][laugh][laugh][laugh][laugh][laugh][laugh][laugh]

Will somebody help me up, I am rolling all over the floor at liz,s remarks
I thought retirement age in the nursing profession was 65[msnwink]
Your secrets safe with me Liz,[msnwink] Anyway you are as old as you feel and you feel like a teenager [clap][clap][clap][clap]

Kazzie
12-07-2005, 04:15
Would LOVE to go at Christmas time but cant convince the family[msnsad] I would also feel guilty leaving some of my family behind as well as we normally have a real family time over Christmas and somehow it wouldnt seem right if people were missing.

Karen

owen3
12-07-2005, 19:08
christmas is magic. barbara

fraser
21-07-2005, 03:04
Has to be Christmas as i would love to see Disney at that time.

Lyn
28-07-2005, 00:18
Have to agree with Karen I would love to go for Christmas but always see family and friends over Christmas and would not feel right being away at this time.

Paula D-S
05-08-2005, 01:15
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Lyn
Have to agree with Karen I would love to go for Christmas but always see family and friends over Christmas and would not feel right being away at this time.
[/quote]

Totally agree, also I have two little girls, how do you explain to the believers that Father Chrishmas KNOWS where they are.

Paula

Thorogoods
16-08-2005, 16:33
Has to be Halloween because it so big and for "Mickey's Spooky Halloween".:D:D

DisneyDreamer
21-08-2005, 00:03
We have booked to go next Christmas and I am already so excited, which is a shame as I am wishing this Christmas away already!!! I had better start saving...got those sales to look forward to!

jaff
22-08-2005, 03:58
altho av never been on xmas time.but if i had the oportunity a wud love to go during xmas cos xmas is a magical time of the year and a jus lover it [msnsmile2]

tony2000
02-09-2010, 10:29
Love going at christmas time its so magical and its warmer than at home sometimes
Tracy

Lyn
02-09-2010, 22:15
In 2008 we were there untill 18th December and loved all the decorations, however it was a big rush when we got home to get our tree up and do the shopping. We are going in November this year un till just after Thanksgiving have been told that the decorations are up for Thanksgiving so if we like this year, that may become our time to go, covering Halloween & Thanksgiving.

ukman
06-09-2010, 14:21
xmas is a must for me, we have been going at xmas for a long time, but decided last year to stay here in the uk and have a big family xmas, but guess what we uk have dismal transportation system and motorway system guess the snow put an end to that. Families could not travel as the roads was a nightmare, could not get on trains as any bad weather is a poor excuse for an already [bad language filtered out] service and the snow quickly turn to frost and sludge.

So because of that I said never again and went and try booking villas that same xmas night, for 2010. So here we come florida and also book for next summer 2011 for 5 weeks.

7165red
08-09-2010, 03:50
Xmas for me because it's magical!

VIOLET
08-09-2010, 06:24
For me - anytime of the year is magical in Florida, just grateful to go, love every single season. The Americans do make so much more of all the festivities than we do in England - I remember visiting a mall when the kids were younger and it was trick or treat time - all the shop owners were dressed up, making a fuss of all the children handing out sweets n goodies, totally free - our kids loved it and were in awe - cant see it happening in the Trafford Centre at home.

So any visit or season is my vote.

orlandochris
09-09-2010, 21:19
Having done Christmas there twice, and having just got back this morning after Labor Day weekend, I would quite like to celebrate Thanksgiving in Florida.