PDA

View Full Version : Looking for unique, and unusual reading material

RockinflyerKS15
09-01-2005, 21:15
I am coming to Orlando at the end of this week: January 14-18, 2005 and am currently reviewing all the cool stuff that I do not want to miss. One of my most favorite things to shop for is unusual, amazing, and extraordinary reading material. You can envision how first of all the possibilities of books are endless, and how going outside of the mainstream makes this point of common sense even wilder, and more accurate! Now one of my particular interests is unusual reading material. This could include alternative media, progressive publications, off-beat magazines, guides to alternative and profound living, and radical digests. I hope I'm giving you a clear idea of what I mean but just in case you'd like to see some examples here is a link to an online seller of books and publications related to this concept: [edited out - this is a family site] So can anyone tell me of any radical bookstores, alternative media centers, or progressive community organizations in or near the Orlando area? Anything of even the slightest bit like what I've described above, please tell me because whenever I take a trip or outing anywhere, I strongly intend to take advantage of any places or opportunities that are not available in my hometown (I live in Massaschusetts currently). Any questions or need for clarification on anything feel free to ask. Thanks a lot, and I'm standing by waiting for responses from anyone!

Nostromo
09-01-2005, 21:25
I looked at your link and at some of the books on offer. Personally, I doubt very much of the admins here would allow details of such material to be posted on this site. I know it is strictly 'each one to his/her own' and all that but quite honestly, some of the stuff on offer on your site is....weird to say the least. It is only my opinion, but I feel it is a bit out of place in this family forum.

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
09-01-2005, 21:30
I've edited the link out as this is a family site and it's not the kind of thing we'd like some of our younger members seeing.

RockinflyerKS15
09-01-2005, 22:42
I wasn't actually aware that it was against policy of this site to post links with topics, but if it is, thats allright I don't need to include any web links in any of my postings. I posted that one though just so that whoever reads this post can be given an idea of what I'm interested in as indicated by my above explaination. I still do however want to help anyone who is unsure about or has having difficulty picturing what I'm describing so if anyone reading this topic would like any feedback from me to help them gain a clear image of what I'm interested in, please just send me a direct message and then I'll glaldly reply to you, and help you understand anything you don't fully understand about this topic of mine.

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
09-01-2005, 23:41
The link you posted takes you to a page that says something along the lines of "this site is intended for an adult audience only" (or something like that). Hardly the kind of thing a famuily forums should be linking to, no matter how well intentioned.

RockinflyerKS15
10-01-2005, 01:23
Actually unlike I originall thought, the link I provided earlier did go to a website which was intended to be accessed by only those 18 and older, so I'm sorry about that as I did not notice it right away. Here though are two links to places such as those I described earlier in the topic heading description at the top of this list. One is to an alternative community zone in Chicago, and the other to a radical community center in Providence. So basically I'm looking for anything like this in the Orlando area.

http://www.azone.org
http://www.peopleschool.org