PDA

View Full Version : The palms @ Lake Davenport

dor1
09-01-2005, 17:13
Can anyone give me any info on this area as im looking into renting a villa for oct 2005.Is it close to shops/restaurants etc.
Many Thanks
Dave

pt cruiser
09-01-2005, 19:37
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by dor1
Can anyone give me any info on this area as im looking into renting a villa for oct 2005.Is it close to shops/restaurants etc.
Many Thanks
Dave
[/quote]
We stayed there a couple of years ago,in Crain drive i think it was. It's on h27 and they have built a new publix supermarket just up from the palms.When we drove up there in november we noticed the whole area is being developed.
Hope you have a great time
Teresa

LiesaAnna
09-01-2005, 22:02
we drove around there filming the lovely christmas decorations as there was one house in particular that was "national lampoons christmas vacation" many many lights all over nice, nice looking community even tho it was dark!!
its very very close to walmart, on the same side, and publix just over the road and along abit, it is the 27, we drove past it every day, so its close to the 192 i think, if i'm wrong please correct me! am sure this is the one i am thinking of!

mm69340
09-01-2005, 22:21
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by dor1
Many Thanks
Dave
[/quote]

Hi Dave,

We are very close to the Palms as we are on Esprit. There is a new Walmart, Publix right there. There is also a new restaurant right across the street from us so very close to you. I have also heard good things about traveling down the 27 to Haines City and tons down there!

Have a GREAT TIME as I love it in October! (Maybe because it is my birthday and I love to celebrate in Florida!)

linda allen
09-01-2005, 23:55
Karen, Whats the name of the new restaurant and have you tried it. I get excited every time I hear of new things being built on US27.

mm69340
10-01-2005, 03:51
Hi Linda-

It is the French restaurant right across from Esprit. Sadly, I have to eat at McDonalds most as with 6 children adult food(esp. french) would be lost and wasted on the little ones![:I]

I do believe Julie has tried it and liked it!

linda allen
10-01-2005, 11:50
Thanks Karen, we may try it out in February.

janny
22-01-2005, 11:31
I am on the Palms and haven't caught up with this thread as I have been there for the past two weeks on a "holiday "-ha -ha.
The community is well placed -just down from the 192 junction about 1.5 miles and using the Sherbeth road turning you can get to the Disney parks in around 10 mins .The development is a nice mix of residents and str and is quiet .Within 1/2 miles south there is a Publix supermarket ,within 3/4 mile north there is a Walmart and also to the east about 3/4 there is a nother Publix. Add this to the great bakery just up the road and an eating place called the 19th hole plus the proximity to the 192 and I-4 and you have what is a great community.The re is a tennis court and a basket ball court as well as a childrens playground on the community as well.

fllion
28-01-2005, 05:52
The great bakery is now an indian resturant

janny
29-01-2005, 12:32
Yes apparently it opened a few days ago - typical just after we leave the area !

29-01-2005, 14:13
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by fllion
[/quote]

Is it any good? Good Indian restaurant's are hard to find in USA[msnwink]

janny
29-01-2005, 15:36
The report I read said it was very good Lucy and was rated most highly

Kazzie
26-02-2005, 04:30
Good Indian restaurants are hard to find in US so I will deffo be trying that one on our maiden voyage to our newly bought home at Lake Davenport. We are flying out 14th March so will let u know about restaurant on our return!

Karen

26-02-2005, 12:55
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by fllion
[/quote]

Whats it called and whats the exact location please?[msnsmile2]

janny
26-02-2005, 13:53
It is called the Sangam and it is in a little strip type mall just in Polo Paek west.As you come to the end of the 192 , head for Haines city and join the 27 south - take the corner slowly it has a horrible curve to it . Polo Park west its only a few hundred yards down on your right.Turn here and the restaurant is in what looks like a house you need to turn left to get into it.The lastI heard it didn't have a licence for drink but you could take your own -but that may have changed
this is their address if you want to ring and check
Sangam Indian Cuisine
101 Divine drive
Polo Park
Davenport FL 33897
863 424 8383

My guests who were there during the earlier part of this month tried it for valentines day and they said it was really good.Not exactly the same as we are used to here in UK but still the best they had eaten -they are regulars to the areaand have tried a few out.

Kazzie
07-04-2005, 17:33
The food is excellent but cant comment on the atmosphere as we had our meal delivered to our villa. I love Indian food & can thoroughly recommend it, large portions too!

Karen

chrizzy100
07-04-2005, 18:31
Indian food is so bad in the US I've had to learn to cook my own.......it would be nice to eat out.....I'll have to give it a go.........