PDA

View Full Version : best seats on BA 747??

cliffcook
08-01-2005, 22:42
We are flying out next month-family of four- on BA flight to miami-on the BA website we can manage our booking and allocate seats-just wondering with kid's the best seats-i.e-at the back of the plane??

Nostromo
08-01-2005, 22:57
Jumbos usually have a 3-4-3 seat configuration in Economy. If you have a family of four, I think the central 4-seat section will suit you nicely, with an aisle on either side (assuming of course, that none of you are going to insist on a window seat). Back of the plane is OK as long as you are not close to the toilets, for obvious reasons. But by the same token, being relatively close to the back will mean that the kids don't have too long to walk to the loo whenever they want to go.

08-01-2005, 23:02
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by cliffcook
We are flying out next month-family of four- on BA flight to miami-on the BA website we can manage our booking and allocate seats-just wondering with kid's the best seats-i.e-at the back of the plane??
[/quote]

If you cant get the bulkhead seats in row 33 - 4 in the centre together or row 40 I would go for row 36 which means there are no seats behind you so you can recline as much as you want (good for little ones that want to sleep).

I personally would not go for the rear of the aircraft as you get slightly more turbulence and air sickness when you sit at the back - just my view as ex BA crew[msnwink]

LiesaAnna
08-01-2005, 23:54
i understand that one, i had just started to wash my hands after spending a penny the toilets at the back, and the plane felt like it started bouncing all over the place, i felt very scared for a few moments, and tried to get out of the toilet but had trouble walking! turbulance!!!!!didnt really feel it anywhere else!!!

09-01-2005, 00:12
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by LiesaAnna
i understand that one, i had just started to wash my hands after spending a penny the toilets at the back, and the plane felt like it started bouncing all over the place, i felt very scared for a few moments, and tried to get out of the toilet but had trouble walking! turbulance!!!!!didnt really feel it anywhere else!!!
[/quote]

Its well known with aircraft with wing mounted engines - you get the tumble dryer effect at the rear!!![msnscared]

Mr G
09-01-2005, 16:05
I use this site ........ if you click on the Airline it gives a menu of the different airplanes and info re seating, Laptop power pointe, seats with no windows, etc.

Sorry just edited the site out as I have visited it and it now has a holiday link.We are not allowed to show links to other holiday sites.[msnembarrased]

(Basically it is called Seat guru.com and if you do a google search for it you will find it.)