PDA

View Full Version : Gatwick Virgin Entertainment Upgrade

brizzle
08-01-2005, 17:14
I heard a while back that the Gatwick fleet will be upgraded to the new movies on demand system.
Does anyone in the know, know when this will happen?

Would be nice to have the pause/rewind/more movies system in October.

Brizzle.

christhear
08-01-2005, 19:25
Hi Brizzle

Can't help you exactly, but I was told that the Heathrow - Miami planes are always a better fleet than Gatwick. Got one last week that didn't even have games on it, no Movie list or anything.

I think it is just luck what plane you get on what day.

brizzle
08-01-2005, 19:56
In April we had a LHR plane on our way back from Orlando (I assume one of the LGW planes were out of action).
It had the games system on it but not the video on demand.

I'd heard the LGW fleet were starting their overhaul from late 2004 so my fingers are crossed.

Brizzle.

08-01-2005, 23:57
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by brizzle
I heard a while back that the Gatwick fleet will be upgraded to the new movies on demand system.
Does anyone in the know, know when this will happen?

Would be nice to have the pause/rewind/more movies system in October.

Brizzle.
[/quote]

Why not go to http://www.v-flyer.com/forum and post the question there in the Frequent flyer ask a guru section, you should get a reply quickly.

jaynekent
09-01-2005, 17:41
On the current virgin fleet from lgw are there games systems in operation? also do i assume that the seat tvs play scheduled films not pick your own at present? Sorry but I couldnt really work out what actually is on offer and my 10 year old son really wants to know!

brizzle
09-01-2005, 18:40
As far as I know the Gatwick fleet only have the normal entertainment system in economy.
It is about 8 film channels (1 or 2 childrens films), some TV channels showing various TV shows (e.g. scrubs) and also about 12 audio channels but no video game system.

As I've said before we had a system coming back in April with the Super Nintendo games system but I think that was a 'loaner' from Heathrow.

Brizzle.