PDA

View Full Version : sharing the cost of disney tickets!

cliffcook
08-01-2005, 16:35
After looking at the different options I had it in mind to purchase the 6 day -magic your way tickets and using 3 of the days when we go there next month and sell the other 3 days to our friends who are going in May.
The BIG question is -is that possible or a total no no...........

florida4sun
08-01-2005, 16:50
Hello
The parks do state the tickets are non transferable.

Martin

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by cliffcook
After looking at the different options I had it in mind to purchase the 6 day -magic your way tickets and using 3 of the days when we go there next month and sell the other 3 days to our friends who are going in May.
The BIG question is -is that possible or a total no no...........
[/quote]

steph_goodrum
08-01-2005, 16:52
And more often the parks are using the fingerprint scanners to check that the same person is using them so you could end up that your friends are put in the embarrassing situation (and you when they get back) that they haven't been able to use them.

poohbear
10-01-2005, 22:00
what do you mean fingerpint scanners? we were out there jan/feb 2004 and they werent being used then!!!!

florida4sun
10-01-2005, 22:12
They were being used but just for annual pass holders and a limited amount of other passes. They are supposed to be using them for all tickets now but I ahve not yet had this confirmed. Like Universal,the new disney tickets do require a signature.

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by poohbear
what do you mean fingerpint scanners? we were out there jan/feb 2004 and they werent being used then!!!!
[/quote]

steph_goodrum
10-01-2005, 22:39
We have had them used when we have used our play 4 days passes and were told they would eventually be used for all tickets but no timescale was given.

DaveL
11-01-2005, 03:25
Biometrics for the new passes are now in place. All Magic Your Way adult passes require guests to use the biometric scanners at the entrance to each park. Those using the children's passes (ages 3-9) are exempt from this requirement. To help guests understand the requirements before they reach the turnstiles, Disney has installed large signs with three-step directions that guests can read while on line and also added instructions to the turnstiles themselves.

The color-coded turnstile instructions start with a red box with a #1 indicates the insertion of a ticket and is located next to the ticket slot. A yellow box with a #2 shows you how to put your fingers into the biometric device and is located next to the scanner. A green box with a #3 says to take your ticket and enter, and is located where the ticket is ejected from the machine. It is hoped that these instructions, combined with the new turnstiles recently added, will keep things from bogging down, despite the increased use of the scanners.

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
11-01-2005, 14:13
We've had to use the fingerprint scanners with our Annual Passes for some years now and without fail it never recognises me as being me. I get a red cross and Access Denied every time I try and enter a park. They will let you through anyway if you sound genuine although I suspect they reserve the right to ask for ID so you can prove your identity.

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by DaveL
Biometrics for the new passes are now in place. All Magic Your Way adult passes require guests to use the biometric scanners at the entrance to each park. Those using the children's passes (ages 3-9) are exempt from this requirement. To help guests understand the requirements before they reach the turnstiles, Disney has installed large signs with three-step directions that guests can read while on line and also added instructions to the turnstiles themselves.

The color-coded turnstile instructions start with a red box with a #1 indicates the insertion of a ticket and is located next to the ticket slot. A yellow box with a #2 shows you how to put your fingers into the biometric device and is located next to the scanner. A green box with a #3 says to take your ticket and enter, and is located where the ticket is ejected from the machine. It is hoped that these instructions, combined with the new turnstiles recently added, will keep things from bogging down, despite the increased use of the scanners.

[/quote]

Nostromo
11-01-2005, 14:44
So, under the new system acouple cannot share a WDW pass? For example, let us say the husband wants to see Epcot but not bothered about MGM on that visit and it is vice versa for the wife. They still have to get separate tickets and cannot use each other's pass?

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
11-01-2005, 16:15
Correct - you were not supposed to do it on the old system either as far as I know - they just did not check for it.

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Nostromo
So, under the new system acouple cannot share a WDW pass? For example, let us say the husband wants to see Epcot but not bothered about MGM on that visit and it is vice versa for the wife. They still have to get separate tickets and cannot use each other's pass?
[/quote]

Nostromo
11-01-2005, 17:00
Thanks for that John. But what about FPs and UEs? If Jane Bloggs has actually entered MGM but does not want to go on Aerosmith, can she had her pass to her son to get extra FPs for additional rides? We have all done that in the past.....is that out too? (I cannot imagine that there will be scanners at entry points to the rides as well!)

steph_goodrum
11-01-2005, 17:08
once you're in the park Nostromo it won't matter as there aren't any scanners for the rides. As far as they are concerned you've paid to get in the park which is all they are interested in.

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
11-01-2005, 17:10
I am sure that is ok to do with the Fastpasses - I know we do that too ourselves [msnwink]
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Nostromo
Thanks for that John. But what about FPs and UEs? If Jane Bloggs has actually entered MGM but does not want to go on Aerosmith, can she had her pass to her son to get extra FPs for additional rides? We have all done that in the past.....is that out too? (I cannot imagine that there will be scanners at entry points to the rides as well!)
[/quote]

Nostromo
11-01-2005, 17:13
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by steph_goodrum
once you're in the park Nostromo it won't matter as there aren't any scanners for the rides. As far as they are concerned you've paid to get in the park which is all they are interested in.
[/quote]

Thank Goodness! It was beginning to sound a bit like "Big Brother is watching You!" [msnscared][msnscared]