PDA

View Full Version : Class of airline ticket

Trina
08-01-2005, 13:41
Does anyone know if there is a web site that shows the all the airlines and what is included in their ticket classifications eg. N T Q etc? I have been looking at a site recently that has 4 different ticket types and prices for the same flight but no explanations.

Magical Dreams
08-01-2005, 13:52
You may find that each Airline has a different explanation for their own Classification.

Each Airline will make out that theirs is superior to anyone elses.

Competition rules!!

[msnsmile2]

Trina
08-01-2005, 14:03
I was just wondering if anyone had found all this info in one place!!

Ray&Sarah
08-01-2005, 14:08
Haven't come across a site that does this, all I know is that each class will have different levels of seats and if you pay more you get the same seat just that the more you pay the more flexible the ticket.[msnsmile]

08-01-2005, 14:19
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Trina
Does anyone know if there is a web site that shows the all the airlines and what is included in their ticket classifications eg. N T Q etc? I have been looking at a site recently that has 4 different ticket types and prices for the same flight but no explanations.
[/quote]

Fare structures are very complex and as already said vary from airline to airline. You can have a basic non changable non refundable ticket that would be the cheapest and are normally the first seats sold then as the flight gets fuller fares go up and normally become more pricey, the next level may have changes at a cost, then changes plus refunds at a cost then finally a fully flexible fully refundable ticket would be the most expensive.

Hope this makes sense, I was cabin crew for 20 years and still don't fully understand the ever changes fare systems!!![msnsmile2]

Trina
08-01-2005, 14:31
Thanks LAL Yes that does make sense.
Missed out on a very good deal with BA while youngest teen was plucking up courage to ask for time off his Saturday job (only had the job 1 week!!!!) Found the same flight elswhere but with 4 different price quotes which made me want to know what 'Extras' ha! ha! we would get for our money!!

08-01-2005, 14:56
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Trina
Thanks LAL Yes that does make sense.
Missed out on a very good deal with BA while youngest teen was plucking up courage to ask for time off his Saturday job (only had the job 1 week!!!!) Found the same flight elswhere but with 4 different price quotes which made me want to know what 'Extras' ha! ha! we would get for our money!!
[/quote]

I know the feeling, if you find a deal you have to act quickly as they go very quickly. Have you tried the link on this site, I did and got huge savings through Charter Travel[msnwink]