PDA

View Full Version : Gaydays 2003

millie
29-12-2002, 00:15
I have read a little about this festival on the internet and it seems 125,000 people attend. I have heard that they assign one park per day which they all visit.

I wondered if anyone knows the schedule so as to avoid the crowds. The parks are busy enough and with a small child we would like to keep waiting to a minimum. I think the dates are 3rd to 9th of June.

Thanks
:)

Lakul
29-12-2002, 00:19
I found this link - http://www.gaydays.com/calendar/ . Some days are still to be decided but it might help a bit.

millie
29-12-2002, 00:31
Thanks for this. It looks as though the Saturday at the Mgic Kingdom is one to miss!!!

WSSmith
01-01-2003, 01:59
We did go to the Magic Kingdom on first Saturday on June this year without knowing what's going on.

Half of the visitors are in Red T-Shirt. It was very crowded.

I was told by one of them, every first Saturday of June is the Day!

orlandobabe
16-06-2003, 01:56
We try to avoid any of the parks on Saturdays as they are always so busy. You can see the difference in the build up of traffic around 6pm on the 192 all pouring into Kissimmee.

At the moment Wednesdays and Saturdays are parade and fireworks nights at the Magic Kingdom.

mikewj
16-06-2003, 03:13
I seem to remember that there are also a lot of protestors around the entrances to Disney.....in fact one that I vividly recall was dressed as Jesus carrying a full size cross over his shoulder.

He was heading towards The Magic Kingdom with a group of others carrying anti-gay banners !