PDA

View Full Version : BUMPED FLIGHTS...IS THIS A RECORD?

hurricanesarah
07-01-2005, 03:17
So we went to Orlando to catch our flight by US Airways back to England. On arrival we were told the flight was oversold and we got $1200 in cheque compensation. We were told we could stay (after arguing because I didn't want to go to Philadelphia) in Orlando. The next day we were sent to Atlanta via Delta (we were transferred airline by US) and again flight bumped = $1200 flight vouchers. Flight bumped again and we were given another $1200 flight vouchers. We were about to board that plane and we were offered compensation again which we took. That flight got bumped and again we were offered compensation flight vouchers. We were given a flight the next day and again offered the flight vouchers which we took. We were offered a flight three hours later which again got bumped, we took that compensation too. I then got really tired, my ankles got swollen and we were offered another flight and I argued my case and we got upgraded to first class home. Is this a record??? haha

Jo
07-01-2005, 03:25
If you are looking for volunteers I'd like to try and beat it for all those $$$$$$ and flights .

What's the total ? I lost it a bit after the third " and then we were bumped again"

How much later did you get home?

Hope you are not too bruised and bashed with all the bumping![B)]

hurricanesarah
07-01-2005, 03:32
$1200 cash, $7200 flight vouchers, 4 days late.

janice
07-01-2005, 03:32
SARAH.........WELL DONE

Ruth
07-01-2005, 03:48
Oh how I wish we could manage that[:P]

Ray&Sarah
07-01-2005, 03:58
Must be some sort of a record.[msnsmile2]

Carla
07-01-2005, 04:37
Wonderful.:D:D

Sarah, can you let me know your travel dates and flights next time you go please??? I live in hopes of being "bumped".:D:D:D

We've come close a few times, but never quite made it.[msnsad]

blott
07-01-2005, 05:40
Oh, I'm very envious! We're travelling partially back by US Airways next week and I live in hopes...

LesleyB
07-01-2005, 10:13
Wow, that's some compensation - it must be a record - did you see anything of Atlanta or was the time spent in the airport?

Cruella DeVilla
07-01-2005, 12:00
WOW and first class travel!!!
[clap]

MaggieAllan
07-01-2005, 12:01
I was just thinking the same...were you stuck in the airports for 4 days???

Well done though, I bet they don't realise that they have paid out so much between them. Perhaps if you were stuck in the airports all that time,you could also claim something for that....might be just pushing it though[msnwink]

Lisa C
07-01-2005, 12:52
Wow, Thats a better return than most shares. I would certainly have done that if the kid's weren't with us. I would also have read the Travel Insurance booklet just in case [msnwink]

steph_goodrum
07-01-2005, 13:12
I wish we could all get that sort of deal when we flew (or didn't as the cas may be:))

All you have to do is hope now then that when US Airways have their bankruptcy meeting on Jan 14th they are still flying and get some more trips booked pretty quick.

wilfy
07-01-2005, 16:33
If the flight vouchers are with Delta, then you'll be a busy gal for the next 12 months. Delta vouchers must be used within 12 months of being issued. So do you need any baggage carriers for your next trip[:P][:P][:P] first class of course [:P][:P]

hurricanesarah
07-01-2005, 16:55
I didn't spend four days in the airport, I was given a choice of five hotels to choose from and I chose the Hilton. We were given $21 a day food allowance each too. Had the children not been with me or at least if I had had another clean change of clothes, I would have stayed and taken yet more compensation which i was offered as i boarded that flight, but there was no Walmart around that airport or anywhere to buy clean underwear and the hotels didn't have in house laundry machines to wash. Because my luggage left with US airlines i didnt have any which was great coz i only had to carry around hand luggage but that was the only reason i didn't keep bumping, that and my really swollen ankles!

Nostromo
07-01-2005, 17:09
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by hurricanesarah
[/quote]

Looks like they took one look at you and thought "here's a likely bump victim". Little did they know! Congratulations. Perhaps you should try keeping a few extra free days at the end of every holiday in the future, just in case Things go Bump again![beer][beer]

brizzle
07-01-2005, 17:32
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by hurricanesarah
[/quote]

See I read that as '$1200 cash, $7200 flight vouchers, 4 days extra holiday'

:)

Brizzle.