PDA

View Full Version : Cheap Virgin Flights

AngelaB
06-01-2005, 22:26
I received an email today from Travel Planners, they say they have 2 for 1 Virgin flights , all classes, for travel this year but they only have 5000 or so vouchers. See [edited out]. I have never booked with them and dont know how genuine this offer is, but it does sound pretty good.

Lesley S
06-01-2005, 23:07
We are just waiting for them to give us a quote....but not had a reply yet.

walden64
06-01-2005, 23:23
Angela we booked with them last year when they had the same offer on and flew Premium Economy in June.

I have just requested a voucher for this year's offer and now just have to talk my mom into looking after the children for a week.

Michelle

ravtino
07-01-2005, 00:08
Where are Travel planners can anyone DM me details of this offer

Susan J
07-01-2005, 13:14
I would be interested in a DM for this also if possible :) Thanks for the great info!

wrpac00
07-01-2005, 13:53
A word of warning, this offer only costs in on off-peak flights. I just called and got a quote for 19-28 Decemeber and the seats were over £1500 each which is dearer than economy.

Katys Grandad
07-01-2005, 15:00
If I have read their website correctly, Florida destinations are for a very limited period of time (up to Feb/March 2005 dependent upon class of travel).

huckleberry house
07-01-2005, 15:05
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Katys Grandad
If I have read their website correctly, Florida destinations are for a very limited period of time (up to Feb/March 2005 dependent upon class of travel).
[/quote]

I think those dates were just examples but the discount is only off full fare flights so it may be possible to still get them cheaper anyway.

Lesley

Katys Grandad
07-01-2005, 15:10
Yes, sorry - you're right.

AngelaB
07-01-2005, 16:43
if anyone does book and thinks they have got a good offer will you please let me know...ta

Claire M
07-01-2005, 17:23
I booked with Travelplanners last year. Manchester to Orlando with Virgin, it cost £1150 for 2 adults and 2 children going on the 16th June. I thought it was a good deal. I have rang them again and they have quoted £1450 for 25th May for 2 weeks (Half term) again for 2 adults and 2 children from Gatwick. The only downside is that they do charge Virgins full unrestricited fare!

Claire

wrpac00
07-01-2005, 19:12
You will get a far better deal if you can go outside of school holidays. A friend of mine went out last June with a mate using this company doing the 2-1 and they went for £400 for the 2 of them.

stuart
07-01-2005, 19:35
Could someone DM us the details of Travelplanners. Hoping to go out in April[msnsmile2]

Many thanks

Stuart & Kim

ravtino
07-01-2005, 21:07
I rang them to-day and even with the 2 for 1 it was £340ish each and at the moment Virgin is the same - ish price the guy told me that it is off the highest price fare with Virgin which was over £700, he laughed and said is anything in this life free!!

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
08-01-2005, 23:32
I have been passed the following today which I think people need to bear in mind in relation to this thread as it makes interesting reading:

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:
Please be very careful with regard to this offer as it is not what it first appears to be. The offer is being marketed and based on the full published fare (something very much more expensive then the consolidated fares that we provide). You need to be looking at the bottom line, ie the total cost you will be paying (inclusive of tax) for all passengers travelling.

THE FARES WE HAVE ARE MUCH CHEAPER THAN THIS OFFER, FOR EXAMPLE;

JANUARY TRAVEL - CHARTER TRAVEL FARES
£239 per adult, £159 per child + £84 tax

JANUARY TRAVEL - 2 for 1 Offer
£259 per adult + £84 tax

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxx

MAY TRAVEL - CHARTER TRAVEL FARES

£349 per adult and £249 per child plus tax £84 per person

MAY TRAVEL - 2 for 1 OFFER

£400 per adult and £256 per child plus £84 tax per person The 2 for 1 is being sold as 2 passengers travel for the equivalent of the published fare
(£800) which is very high.

THE DIFFERNCES IN THE FARES APPLY THROUGHOUT ALL DATES OF THE YEAR

We have also been told that people who want to take up this offer need to 'apply' providing contact details for a voucher. I would ask why?
[/quote]

KarenScott
09-01-2005, 11:25
I also called to see what they could offer for around Oct half term but I must admit the guy I spoke to wasn't pushing the offer as the best thing and said in truth at that time of year I would have been better off flying with BA, I think I would be better off not going at the prices quoted though!![msneek]

AngelaB
10-01-2005, 16:38
This is what i thought to be honest. you dont get anything in life for free!!! Thanks Charter Travel[clap]

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by floridadreamvilla.co.uk
I have been passed the following today which I think people need to bear in mind in relation to this thread as it makes interesting reading:

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:
Please be very careful with regard to this offer as it is not what it first appears to be. The offer is being marketed and based on the full published fare (something very much more expensive then the consolidated fares that we provide). You need to be looking at the bottom line, ie the total cost you will be paying (inclusive of tax) for all passengers travelling.

THE FARES WE HAVE ARE MUCH CHEAPER THAN THIS OFFER, FOR EXAMPLE;

JANUARY TRAVEL - CHARTER TRAVEL FARES
£239 per adult, £159 per child + £84 tax

JANUARY TRAVEL - 2 for 1 Offer
£259 per adult + £84 tax

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxx

MAY TRAVEL - CHARTER TRAVEL FARES

£349 per adult and £249 per child plus tax £84 per person

MAY TRAVEL - 2 for 1 OFFER

£400 per adult and £256 per child plus £84 tax per person The 2 for 1 is being sold as 2 passengers travel for the equivalent of the published fare
(£800) which is very high.

THE DIFFERNCES IN THE FARES APPLY THROUGHOUT ALL DATES OF THE YEAR

We have also been told that people who want to take up this offer need to 'apply' providing contact details for a voucher. I would ask why?
[/quote]
[/quote]

trevlad
16-01-2005, 02:40
are the prices quoted for charter travel with virgin?

poohbear
18-01-2005, 22:05
my flights with virgin 28th april-19th may 3 adults nd 2 children were £1,837.50p.[clap][msnwink]cant wait[beer]