PDA

View Full Version : Famous deaths

flyrr100
05-01-2005, 03:08
What famous Brits died in 2004?
Here we only get the list of US people who passed.

Happy New Year...........[beer]

Rich-n-Ang
05-01-2005, 14:08
Fred Dibnah (Steeplejack and TV presenter)
Brian Clough (Football Manager)
Emlyn Hughes (Footballer)
John Peel (DJ)
Peter Ustinov (Actor)
Caron Keating (TV Presenter)
Jack Rosenthal (TV Writer)

There must be many more though.

Cruella DeVilla
05-01-2005, 15:47
Morbid!

flyrr100
05-01-2005, 18:18
Emlyn Hughes? Wow..... he wasn't that old. How did he die?

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
05-01-2005, 18:20
Cancer IIRC [msnsad]
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by flyrr100
Emlyn Hughes? Wow..... he wasn't that old. How did he die?
[/quote]

Nostromo
05-01-2005, 20:21
Excuse me, but I agree with CDV that this topic is a bit morbid for a family forum, especially after the recent tsunami deaths.[V]

flyrr100
09-01-2005, 02:14
I had no intention of being morbid. Every year we see on the tv lists of the famous, and not so famous people who passed during the last 12 months.
I was just interested. Being an expat of over 20 years now some of my boyhood heros would be getting old now.

I'm sorry if I upsed or offended anyone.

LiesaAnna
09-01-2005, 02:53
your ok, there was a whole page on this topic in the Mirror one day last week and when i saw your posting i went and looked for it and couldnt find it, i mustve been braindead that night as i couldnt think for the life of me who had passed away,
i know where your coming from[msnwink]

Nostromo
09-01-2005, 03:46
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by flyrr100
I had no intention of being morbid. Every year we see on the tv lists of the famous, and not so famous people who passed during the last 12 months.
I was just interested. Being an expat of over 20 years now some of my boyhood heros would be getting old now.

[/quote]

Flyrr100, you did NOT offend me at all and I am sorry if you misunderstood me. I just felt that with all the recent deaths in the Earthquake/Tsunami disaster and this being a family forum and all, perhaps this was not the best time to discuss those who had passed on.

Cruella DeVilla
09-01-2005, 14:38
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Nostromo

Originally posted by flyrr100

Flyrr100, you did NOT offend me at all and I am sorry if you misunderstood me. I just felt that with all the recent deaths in the Earthquake/Tsunami disaster and this being a family forum and all, perhaps this was not the best time to discuss those who had passed on.

Same for me, especialy as the Brit toll goes up and up.