PDA

View Full Version : back on broadband

philgrove
04-01-2005, 22:32
hi everyone, been of broadband for a while which was making the internet painful. ( like pulling out your own teeth ), but now its back and so am i, and i can enjoy the holiday snaps without having to click on the link, go and make a coffee, come back click on anaother link, go and make another coffee ' you can see where this is going '. only 123 days till we fly out, 3 weeks in the sunshine state, it may not be heaven but its damn close.[msnsmile2][msnsmile2][msnsmile2]

Nostromo
05-01-2005, 01:20
You can say that again. I live right out in the 'sticks' in Wiltshire and my part of the village did not have Broadband till October 2003. The improvement in internet connection and browsing is astonishing.

MaggieAllan
05-01-2005, 12:19
What did we all do before WWW (with or without BB)....I can't remember anymore????

julieanne
05-01-2005, 12:56
I don't have broadband :(
It takes for ever to look at photos etc - but on this site they are well worth waiting for :D [msnwink]

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
05-01-2005, 13:18
I love the way people used to call the WWW the "world wide wait". When they got broadband they suddenly realise the WWW is actually very fast - it was their old dial-up connection that was causing it to seem slow :D:D:D

Nostromo
05-01-2005, 14:07
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by MaggieAllan
What did we all do before WWW (with or without BB)....I can't remember anymore????
[/quote]

Before I got my own home PC, I used to be very critical of people whose life appeared to come to a standstill if their computer broke down. Now I know how it feels from personal experience. How did people ever cope without the internet?

wrpac00
05-01-2005, 18:56
Can't be that far out in the sticks, we didn't get broadband until 1 Sept 2004.

Nostromo
05-01-2005, 20:18
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by wrpac00
Can't be that far out in the sticks, we didn't get broadband until 1 Sept 2004.
[/quote]

About 2 miles away from the nearest town, Wootton Bassett. We had to wait almost 18 months after they got BB before getting ours.[msnmad]

Ray&Sarah
05-01-2005, 21:34
You soon forget just how slow dial up is once you have broadband and then when you do have to use it again it drives you mad.[msnsmile2]

melvazquez
05-01-2005, 22:11
We've only JUST been able to go Broadband.

It really is the best thing! Know what you mean Phil about downloading photos/making coffee using dial up.

I think the difference between dial up and Broadband is like this:-

You drive to your nearest town on your tractor and come home in a Ferrari!!![msnscared]

Mel

KevinT
06-01-2005, 01:51
I'm one of those unfortunates on the fringe for broadband. Had it installed a couple of months ago and got used to the speed , then had mega connection problems, especially from 7pm to 11pm when traffic is high.After very many long phone calls with the ISP and BT and many suggestions, tests and trials I'm having a new line put in for a clean supply to the computer only ( as the only way I can get a reliable connection at the moment is to run from the main socket with no other phones connected.)Once you have the extra speed it's addictive and you can't go back to dial up!![msnsad]

wrpac00
06-01-2005, 02:09
Just to clarify - when I said we didn't get it until the 1 Sept I meant our local exchange was not enabled for broadband until then. We actually went live with it on the 8th of Sept and immediately upgraded to 1meg, don't know how I coped before.

tezz7628
06-01-2005, 03:09
aol disconnected my broadband a while ago - administration error :(

so had to wait a couple of weeks for the broadband to be reconnected again, which left me back on dial up

i was on dial up on bt and aol before getting the broadband and dont remember it being that slow, talk about chronic :)