PDA

View Full Version : Christmas Day to New Years Day

MaggieAllan
04-01-2005, 04:26
Well, after all that planning ahead we hardly did any of it…..but still had a fantastic time

Day One-Christmas Day

Taxi at 5am for our 8.55 flight from Manchester to Sanford…due to arrive 1.15pm ..or so we thought!!!!

Departed over 1 hour late…told some gobbledegook about being given a different flight path due to strong headwinds and that the flight would take 11 hours!!!
As we came into land after a very long day we were told that the company had decided that to conserve fuel they had left behind some luggage(50)….form first queue before immigration to find out if you were affected. Two young kids with lists as long as your arm asked for your name…as I had made the booking I gave our surname…yes we were affected they said…gave us a form to complete and we had to see someone in the luggage area to get $50 compensation per person affected….now you tell me where you can replace your belongings with that on Christmas Day evening????
Form next queue to immigration, then third queue to baggage compensation woman.

We then found out that our surname was not listed so went to luggage carousel…guess what…one bag missing…ALL our bags had been listed under 13 year old friends name!!!!!so back to compen ladies queue where we insisted on 3 times the compensation. We were then told that our bags should arrive at 7pm the following day and be delivered the day after that. We also had to come into International Drive for a further $100 per person on the Tuesday (day 4)…we got 3 times that after a very long call to the area manager.

So, by the time we got to our villa, after calling at the local Hess garage for a few supplies, we were all very much ready to have a beer and relax….pity it was too cold to get into the pool …but the villa had everything and we were determined to have a good time. We ordered a Chinese to be delivered whilst we were at Champions Gate (Hess) and it was with us within half an hour. After having one meal (no choices, just chicken or lump it) and having to pay for water on the plane, we were now relaxed, well fed, and looking forward to our holiday, even without the Chrimbo pressies in the bag still in Manchester. We put up the tree and other decorations and just chilled.

I lent one of the two OV t-shirts I had to 13 year old friend to use as nightwear as hers was in Manchester….see if I didn’t come on here she would have been stuck!!

Day Two-Boxing Day

Breakfast at Cracker Barrel then shopping at Premium Outlet Mall and Mall of Millenia….Publix on the 27 near us…..followed by a meal in Roadhouse on the 192, as the boys wanted steak and plenty of it.

Day Three - following phone calls to find out if our bag had arrived the previous evening (we were promised a call that never came) we went shopping again, this time to Florida Mall and Point Orlando…followed by a lovely meal at Olive Garden.

Day Four – decided by now having seen the number of people around and the volume of traffic we would not bother with the them parks as we had all been in September…I was a bit put out as I wanted to see the Christmassy things but went with the majority vote. We went to Ice at Gaylord Palms, which was beautiful and the hotel was lovely, would like to have stayed there and tried it out. I had a slight accident when I went down the slide and hubby came down quickly after me and slammed straight into my hip. Tears and a good glare followed. We then went to City Walks for an afternoon meal at Hard Rock Café and a wander round followed by a cigar at bar over the cinema…we always call there. I have never seen as many people during the day around city walk – there were as many people coming away as we’ve normally seen at the end of the day, which confirmed our fears of the parks being full. One party told us they had walked all the way found Universal and not got on one ride so went to IOA and only got on one water ride. Those of you who know about my visit to HRC in September will know we had a bad experience---it’s amazing what a difference a letter form the General Manager and $100 dollars in vouchers does to improve the

LiesaAnna
04-01-2005, 08:54
maggie,
that was great! glad you saw through the bad things and got on to enjoy the good? very frustrating when you so look forward to holidays, only to find you have to complain about certain things that spoil it!
am glad you all had a good time!
am very happy that your back! missed you!
Happy New Year!!!!![msnwink]

julieanne
04-01-2005, 12:58
Welcome back Maggie [msnsmile2]
You've been missed!

Glad you got over the problems you had and enjoyed your holiday :)

jolliffee
04-01-2005, 14:21
Maggie, I enjoyed reading your report you certainly enjoyed yourselfs. Who did you fly with they seemed to mess you about.

MaggieAllan
04-01-2005, 14:26
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by jolliffee
Maggie, I enjoyed reading your report you certainly enjoyed yourselfs. Who did you fly with they seemed to mess you about.
[/quote]

It was MyTravel...never ever again, even for free.

LiesaAnna
04-01-2005, 14:32
i dunno maybe for free????????????

finishrich
05-01-2005, 00:48
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by MaggieAllan
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by jolliffee
[/quote]

It was MyTravel...never ever again, even for free.
[/quote]

We flew with them in September and everything was great! Except for one passenger who stood in front of us and talked to someone else all the way home on an EVENING FLIGHT TOO (arghhhhh just when you want to sleep [}:)])

KJH
05-01-2005, 03:13
Don't know how I missed this earlier, glad to hear that you still enjoyed it after the mishaps. Glad you're back.

Kaz[8)]

chrizzy100
05-01-2005, 05:04
I'm a lot better now thank you..but I still can't talk much..my husband thinks he has died and gone to heaven.....[msnsmile2][msnsmile2]

See you all after the 10th...I'm on a friends PC right now.......[msnsmile2]

I'll add a hi to Rob....hope you had a good trip home....speak to you soon......

MaggieAllan
05-01-2005, 12:25
Hi Chrizzy, glad you're feeling better, it was lovely to touch base with a fellow forum member whilst we were over there...now go and get that painting finished[msnwink]

belfastbob
09-01-2005, 03:14
sorry to hear of your travel fiasco maggie, we had a reasonable(and on time journey via dublin/shannon-boston/orlando)it was long and we were wrecked by the time we arrived(11pm)i had the usual driving disaster to find the place that had our villa keys and instructions etc.fortunately this forum helped me with our villa location,which was a major factor at that time of night.regarding the parks over the christmas week,i couldn't believe how crowded it got between christmas day and new years day!.we spent all day at the villa on christmas day and had a lovely meal(then swam in the pool through the constant rain). that night we went to the arabian nights show which we enjoyed(half our party had never been to fl.and none of us at christmas).we made the mistake of going to magic kingdom on new years eve!! we got there at 9.30am and it was literally wall to wall people,even to queue for food, and you would have needed a fast pass for the queue at the loos!!we lasted till the 8.30pm fireworks show and decided to go to old town.wise move.we had a great new year and topped it off by going on the slingshot at the stroke of midnight(it took me an hour to pluck up the courage to go on)so for a split second i saw all the fireworks in every park!!!but what a holiday,those that were with us were highly impressed.i'm now back home,burnt out,can't sleep,skint but well pleased!!the first time in a villa as well.hopefully not the last. keep up the good work. bob[zzz][zzz]

Joolz
09-01-2005, 05:52
Maggie - It sounds like you had a fab time [ apart from the flights]
Thanks for the reprts - a great read

LiesaAnna
09-01-2005, 13:57
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by belfastbob
sorry to hear of your travel fiasco maggie, we had a reasonable(and on time journey via dublin/shannon-boston/orlando)it was long and we were wrecked by the time we arrived(11pm)i had the usual driving disaster to find the place that had our villa keys and instructions etc.fortunately this forum helped me with our villa location,which was a major factor at that time of night.regarding the parks over the christmas week,i couldn't believe how crowded it got between christmas day and new years day!.we spent all day at the villa on christmas day and had a lovely meal(then swam in the pool through the constant rain). that night we went to the arabian nights show which we enjoyed(half our party had never been to fl.and none of us at christmas).we made the mistake of going to magic kingdom on new years eve!! we got there at 9.30am and it was literally wall to wall people,even to queue for food, and you would have needed a fast pass for the queue at the loos!!we lasted till the 8.30pm fireworks show and decided to go to old town.wise move.we had a great new year and topped it off by going on the slingshot at the stroke of midnight(it took me an hour to pluck up the courage to go on)so for a split second i saw all the fireworks in every park!!!but what a holiday,those that were with us were highly impressed.i'm now back home,burnt out,can't sleep,skint but well pleased!!the first time in a villa as well.hopefully not the last. keep up the good work. bob[zzz][zzz]
[/quote]

Bob,
what happened to your trip report????????
yous is a goodie!!!
how fantastic that you went on the slingshot at midnite!!!!!!!![clap]
my son Russ was/has been considering that for all of last year and now!!! we are off again in Nov, he says he gonna do it then, but wants to drag i mean take someone on with him as we wont, he wants Lynne (jadehouse) to go on with him!!!!!!!! dont think she will tho [msnwink]glad you enjoyed old town, we love it there to.....:)

chrizzy100
11-01-2005, 17:48
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by MaggieAllan
Hi Chrizzy, glad you're feeling better, it was lovely to touch base with a fellow forum member whilst we were over there...now go and get that painting finished[msnwink]
[/quote]

I give up on the painting idea until the rooms need painting.....hehehehe

I think my full time home needs the loving care thing more....it looked so full of stuff when we came home last night.....it could also do with a lick of paint....[msncry][msncry]