PDA

View Full Version : AIR FRANCE !

daisy
03-01-2005, 23:19
hi have just returned from san fransisco my first long haul flight and it was awful. has anyone else flown long haul with this company ? am now dreading the flight to florida in june i was so looking forward to it as well will be flying with virgin next time if i get on the plane [msnscared]i have neaver been so uncomfortable and cramped in my life have had more leg room on short haul flights and i`m only 5 4 , other half 6 1 [msncry]and bettter fellow passengers air con broke as well it was the longest 12 hours of my life know i`m jet lagged and grumpy but this was a joke any one else had similar probs ?

wilfy
03-01-2005, 23:36
Wouldn't touch 'em with a barge pole. Used them down to the west coast of africa, (Restricted choice on who we could use, either these or tap - portugal) The in-flight staff didn't really want to know you if you didn't speak french. And they were the most fussy with carry-on bags.

Ray&Sarah
04-01-2005, 03:26
One of Rays work collegues flew with them on a long haul to Brazil from Sweden, said it was an awful experience and one he would not wish to repeat.[msnscared]

Nostromo
04-01-2005, 10:51
I have never flown Air France myself, but my mother-in-law did many years ago. She was not at all impressed and has refused to use them again.

blott
04-01-2005, 13:07
My husband used to call them 'Air Chance' as in you took one whether you arrived or not!

bellaepovera
04-01-2005, 14:09
I had used them several times from Italy to go to Miami..I will never forget the first time as they were late arriving in France, the airport staff and everyone else seemed ignorant on speaking in English, as I was totally lost trying to get to my connecting flight to Rome. I could not find a single sole to speak in English...Arrived at the gate to find the doors to the plane had just closed and they refused to open them to let me on..with my 2 year old screaming son..I was finally taken to Alitalia and almost kissed the ground like the pope does as finally I found a language I could speak in!! the only reason I used them a couple of times as they were the cheapest airlines at the time..Not anymore and I refuse to use them again as they are rude as can be unless you are french!!

LiesaAnna
04-01-2005, 14:12
weirdo's......... and i thought virgin were bad......... i think i will definately give this one a miss ...........

04-01-2005, 17:20
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by bellaepovera
I had used them several times from Italy to go to Miami..I will never forget the first time as they were late arriving in France, the airport staff and everyone else seemed ignorant on speaking in English, as I was totally lost trying to get to my connecting flight to Rome. I could not find a single sole to speak in English...Arrived at the gate to find the doors to the plane had just closed and they refused to open them to let me on..with my 2 year old screaming son..I was finally taken to Alitalia and almost kissed the ground like the pope does as finally I found a language I could speak in!! the only reason I used them a couple of times as they were the cheapest airlines at the time..Not anymore and I refuse to use them again as they are rude as can be unless you are french!!
[/quote]

Even more worring is that the flight crew often refuse to speak English when talking to air traffic control in French air space, bad news all round in my view - would I fly with them?Never!![msnscared]

Nostromo
04-01-2005, 17:25
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:[i]Originally posted by lal[/i
Even more worring is that the flight crew often refuse to speak English when talking to air traffic control in French air space, bad news all round in my view - would I fly with them?Never!![msnscared]
[/quote]

Is that not against regulations? I was under the impression that all civilian air traffic was to be conducted in English irrespective of which airspace was involved?

04-01-2005, 17:37
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Nostromo
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:[i]Originally posted by lal[/i
[/quote]

Is that not against regulations? I was under the impression that all civilian air traffic was to be conducted in English irrespective of which airspace was involved?
[/quote]

Yes it is but they are notorious for it at all french airports and it has been the cause of a crash on the ground at Charles de Galle a few years ago during fog, if all speak Englash then everyone knows what everyone else is doing, if they speak french then only they know, which is what happened, very bad but typical!

daisy
04-01-2005, 17:47
hi i`m not the only one then ! thought it was just a little of me being tired it was awful charles de gaule airport was a nightmare trying to chance terminals and the 12 hour flight was worse [msncry] i will never fly with them again i can speak a little french and understand more the crew were alright with us polite but the aircraft was terrible they must just have only got away with it on safely regulations my legs still fell cramped now that was partly due to the delightful women in front of me who almost knocked me out several times pushing her chair back even the people opposite looked at her in horror i was trying to read and was sat slightly forward if possible in that little space [msnmad] i had asked her politely to sit her chair forward so that i could eat my meal and think that upset her !!! right i`ll stop moaning now just neaver again !

Badger
05-01-2005, 20:39
There is a great website called SKYTRAX which gives passenger opinions on just about every airline and airport listed. I haven't included the link because I don't know if I'm allowed but a google search on Skytrax will take you straight there. I have found it invaluable for information.

daisy
05-01-2005, 22:32
thanks badger will see if i can add my bit as well might have to edit it quite a bit thought lol...