PDA

View Full Version : Visiting Orlando in mid February

ccrddoyle
17-12-2002, 03:50
Grateful for any guidance on the weather we might experience in mid to late February in Orlando. I've read the weather charts but would like to hear from people who can translate it for me into mornings, afternoons and evenings?;sunny, rainy, foggy? what to wear?, too cold for 5-8 year olds to swim ?

Many thanks

CD

Lizzie
17-12-2002, 05:06
I went earlier this year mid Feb. Very changeable, 1 day low 70's, next day low 40's some evenings warm, some cold, had to wear coat and gloves a couple of times. I think the weather was v.unusual though. I would take a mixture of clothing, certainly a light jacket or sweater for the evenings.

florida4sun
17-12-2002, 05:55
To be honest its impossible to say. It be warm or cold and wet or dry. If I remember correctly last year was very wet, the year before was warm. Shorst fleece jacket and poncho should cover it:D I pretty much garantee that you should have pool heat for the little one.

quote:Originally posted by ccrddoyle

Grateful for any guidance on the weather we might experience in mid to late February in Orlando. I've read the weather charts but would like to hear from people who can translate it for me into mornings, afternoons and evenings?;sunny, rainy, foggy? what to wear?, too cold for 5-8 year olds to swim ?

Many thanks

CD

fiona
17-12-2002, 15:11
We went mid Feb last year and were thrilled with the weather compared to at home in the UK!. We wore jeans and polo shirts and sometimes shorts during the day - was warm enough to sit by the pool sunbathing but you need the pool heat between Oct - April. My daughters took fleeces, and I had a lightweight jacket and a pashmina for the evenings.

florida4sun
17-12-2002, 18:06
Mmmm,
we had one month last early last year whcih di nothing but rain. Thought is Feb but obviosly not. Maybe it was March then.

quote:Originally posted by fiona

We went mid Feb last year and were thrilled with the weather compared to at home in the UK!. We wore jeans and polo shirts and sometimes shorts during the day - was warm enough to sit by the pool sunbathing but you need the pool heat between Oct - April. My daughters took fleeces, and I had a lightweight jacket and a pashmina for the evenings.

fiona
17-12-2002, 19:43
It was pretty miserable in January Martin. We left on the 4th and were back on the 5 Feb for 10 days. In that time all our hibiscus shrubs were killed off by frost and lots of plants around us were looking rather worse for wear.

ccrddoyle
19-12-2002, 02:32
thank you all for your helpful replies.

we'll pack light - and purchase additional layers if a cold front arrives !

CD

fiona
19-12-2002, 02:50
CD - you might want to take gloves and scarves with you as they may not be on sale in Feb.

ewhyte
25-12-2002, 00:57
We went over in February an couple of years ago. It was in the 80's for the first week (unseasonally high) and 58 degrees the next (unseasonally low)!