PDA

View Full Version : Naples

Julieb
02-01-2005, 00:19
Can anyone recommend a hotel either in Naples or Miami area to stay during February half term. Must be close to the beach.

florida
02-01-2005, 03:55
The Registry Resort is a superb hotel and has its own beach. A land train runs up & down to the beach on a regular basis, or you can walk through the mangroves in the hotel grounds.

Nostromo
02-01-2005, 15:32
Naples, Florida is a golfy place, as you probably know well. In ascending order of luxury, 3 of the many recommended hotles are Quality Inn Suites & Golf Club, Naples Beach Hotel & Golf Club and the Ritz Carlton Naples Golf Resort.

Of these three, Naples Beach Hotel & Golf Club would be my choice (although I do not play golf!) cos it is nicely landscaped, set near the sea and is luxurious without being ridiculously expensive. Rates vary seasonally and is best to check locally. Moreover, it is one of those hotels that offers periodic 'deals' via agents like Wexas. Worth exploring.

Katys Grandad
02-01-2005, 16:36
You will pay over $500 per night at the Ritz Carlton for a standard double room in February (it's peak season there). I went for afternoon tea there once and was glad I had my gold card when the bill arrived!

Naples Beach Hotel and the Registry Resort will be between $350 & $450 a night. I haven't stayed at any of them but the rates are just about halved after 1 May but you wouldn't call them "cheap" even then.

Newhomebuyer
02-01-2005, 21:05
We like to stay at the Inn at Pelican Bay. \It's a mile from the beach but it does have its own lake so you can get a water view. There are several restaurants within easy walking distance and if you fancy a good stroll the beach is only a mile away.
It is quiet and quaint and the price is right.