PDA

View Full Version : Favourite Orlando moment of 2004

orlandobabe
31-12-2004, 23:48
or if you haven't been this year -your favourite Orlando moment of all time.

I think for me it was flying out after the last hurricane to find that my home had been spared a third time-that and waking up the next morning and knowing I had almost two weeks to go-before I had to pack up and come home again!

Also-meeting up with old and new friends, which would not have been possible without this forum.

Cowboy
31-12-2004, 23:57
The power returning quickly followed by the phone after hurricane Jeanne.
Having no power for 20 hours so no air conditioning the shower I was able to have was one I will never forget. Being a gentleman I let Kath have the first shower and then I stayed in it for half an hour[msnsmile2][msnsmile2][msnsmile2]
Mike and Kath.

LiesaAnna
31-12-2004, 23:57
going to orlando again which we didnt think we would be able to afford it again! and then of course meeting Lynne (jadehouse Daybreak) Dawn and their families! made our holiday extra special! Thanks Girls!

becoming a nanny twice again this year!! jade now 3 months and Bradley 11 months!

and relatively good health!!!! all my family!!!!! i love them all xxx

rosie
01-01-2005, 00:01
Ours is the same as many on here I guess...... getting the keys to our villa and spending our first Christmas and our 25th wedding anniversary at our new home. Actually there have been many special moments this year I'm going to be greedy and have more than one [msnsmile]

The wonderful friends I have made since joining the forum and our 17 year old "Kevin" forgetting to be 17 and petting the dolphins at Seaworld, the joy on his face was priceless.

brizzle
01-01-2005, 02:17
April's trip where we stayed in a villa for the first time....fantastic freedom and a world apart from the previous trips in hotel rooms.

Other notable's in 2004 were our first visit to Celebration (wonderful) and my first ride on Hulk at IOA (wow).

Brizzle.

orlandobabe
01-01-2005, 02:34
I've become a nana for the second time this year too-Liesa-anna.

Not an orlando moment-but a lovely one all the same and my daughter is bringing him out with us in May- so should be fun!

I know what you mean Brizzle abou a villa v hotel room.

Our first orlando trip had me and hubyy and three kids all confined in one room.

There was so much fighting between our boys we ended up with two queen beds and two put- you- up beds-it's a wonder we didn't murder one another.

No wonder we never went back for 8 years!

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
01-01-2005, 02:44
Going over for 3 nights to close on our new 7 bed villa would be a high for us this year. Our third house in Florida but the first time we closed in Florida (the other two we did by mail-away in the UK). The sparkle you get on closing on a new home in Florida is every bit as good with the third house as the first [msnsmile2]

Nostromo
01-01-2005, 03:31
No contest for me. Watching (and listening to) Beetlejuice's Graveyard Revue at Universal Studios. The "YYYYMCA!!" routine with the two dummies was the favourite moment of my favourite attraction.

KJH
01-01-2005, 03:38
Walking into our new villa and finding it better than we expected, then finding the forum to answer all my questions!;)

LiesaAnna
01-01-2005, 04:17
and chatting to us..........[msnwink]

chunkichik
03-01-2005, 04:24
I couldn't really pick one favourite moment in Orlando, I enjoyed 'em all!!!

I must admit that Orlando is the only place I can really relax and enjoy a holiday, I have my own business making Handmade Wedding Invitations and greeting cards and you need to go quite a long way to really unwind!! (well its my excuse and I am sticking to it!!!)

Plus all the cheap supplies I get from the craft shops out there help pay for the holiday, I'm practical if nothing else[msnsmile2]

KJH
03-01-2005, 22:05
Sorry, Liesa, of course talking to you and the others

orlandobabe
04-01-2005, 00:20
The craft shops are really something out there aren't they Anita. Even just a stroll round Walmart always unearths some little find or other. You don't even get anywhere near that here.

My daughter has started s[bad language filtered out]booking-since going out to Florida-and I almost always come back with some new rubber stamps.

I really would like to do more. Up in Mt Dora they have a huge craft emporium where local people can sell whatever they make. There's nearly always something a bit different to bring back from there.

linda allen
04-01-2005, 00:28
On returning to sign the contracts to purhase our villa, we were on a very short trip and had our 2 young boys with us.
We managed to have a day at MK and went to visit the mouse in his house. My best moment was when Charlie, our 2 year old, ran into Micky's arms and said "I've missed you" it made it all worth while.

LiesaAnna
04-01-2005, 01:04
ah bless him! thats what its all about!:)

MaggieAllan
04-01-2005, 01:34
It's hard to think of only one...so I'll go for my last full day when we were at Clearwater on New Years Eve. We spent the day watching the world go by, and thinking of all the wonderfaul times we had had in the past in Florida. We had a lovely meal at Britts, followed by a silly game of crazy golf, sadly noticing our little motel had been bulldozed and replaced by a condo(bottom lips all round), a stroll along the beach and pier. We left at 5pm to go back to the villa for the evening in the pool.We hardly spoke until about 5 miles from the 27 as we were unhappy to leave, but so lucky to have been and have more lovely thoughts and memories.

LiesaAnna
04-01-2005, 03:00
welcome back maggie!:)

orlandobabe
10-01-2005, 00:51
I've just re-read my post and couldn't for the life of me think of what I would have said that would have had to be filtered out.

I'm a good girl-I don't use bad language on the net.

I'm pleased I came back to this thread-as you must all think I'm terrible. The word I had written rhymes with tap and begins with scr and finishes off with the word booking-and I'm sure our american cousins know all about it-but it is just getting going over here..

I must admit I've had a little chuckle now-but at first I was in shock[:O] horror[msnoo]and embarrassment[:I]

LiesaAnna
10-01-2005, 00:55
as soon as i saw it i thought a scra-p book

julieanne
10-01-2005, 19:29
Best moment is the same every year - <span style="color:red">STEPPING OFF THE PLANE</span id="red">[msnsmile2] [msncool]

LiesaAnna
10-01-2005, 19:31
<span style="color:red">without a doubt!</span id="red">

jolliffee
11-01-2005, 18:02
Going on every single adult ride, in 1 day at IOA & Universal (some many times). [msnsmile2]

sheenallan
12-01-2005, 16:22
Taking my grandson nearly 2 to Mickys Very Merry Christmas Party his little face was a picture especially when he had his picture taken with Tigger and Hew Haw.[msnsmile2]

E. Cosgrove
12-01-2005, 21:21
You mean she has a s c r a p book don't you Alison[msnwink]<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by orlandobabe
The craft shops are really something out there aren't they Anita. Even just a stroll round Walmart always unearths some little find or other. You don't even get anywhere near that here.

My daughter has started s[bad language filtered out]booking-since going out to Florida-and I almost always come back with some new rubber stamps.

I really would like to do more. Up in Mt Dora they have a huge craft emporium where local people can sell whatever they make. There's nearly always something a bit different to bring back from there.
[/quote]
My favourite moment has to be seeing our Villa ( under construction) for the very first time[msnsmile2]

David and Debra Waters
13-01-2005, 23:50
We (2 couples) are buying a place together.
The 2 men (it's a man's job) went over in March, with strict instructions what to get. Because of the manic market, we were limited for re-sales...so we also looked at New Builds.
My best moment was that moment when I KNEW I was in the Villa (well show-home)that we wanted to buy. WOW.

Our friends went over in October to see how things were going.

We close in March, and both families will be over for Easter. EXCITING!

My Best moment in 2005, will be when my wife ACTUALLY SEES the place. Her smiles will touch my heart.

David[clap][clap]

linda allen
14-01-2005, 00:54
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by David and Debra Waters
We (2 couples) are buying a place together.
The 2 men (it's a man's job) went over in March, with strict instructions what to get. Because of the manic market, we were limited for re-sales...so we also looked at New Builds.
My best moment was that moment when I KNEW I was in the Villa (well show-home)that we wanted to buy. WOW.

Our friends went over in October to see how things were going.

We close in March, and both families will be over for Easter. EXCITING!

My Best moment in 2005, will be when my wife ACTUALLY SEES the place. Her smiles will touch my heart.

David[clap][clap]
[/quote]

Dave, can't wait to hear what your wife thinks of it. Where did you buy?

caroline
14-01-2005, 03:40
We've had many magical moments at Disney, but for 2004 it has to be Chef Mickeys breakfast. Our normally very 'cool' 13 year old totally entered into the spirit of the day as we had my 8 month old niece with us. We were concerned that she might be a little scared of the characters but as you can see...

http://www.orlando-guide.info/forums/Data/caroline/2005113233751_ovmaddi2.jpg

http://www.orlando-guide.info/forums/Data/caroline/2005113233822_ovmaddi3.jpg

http://www.orlando-guide.info/forums/Data/caroline/2005113233917_ovdec1.JPG

absolutely magical:)

LiesaAnna
14-01-2005, 11:35
lovely! cant wait to see my (will be then) 21 month old grandson with the disney charactors in Nov!

MaggieAllan
14-01-2005, 12:43
Caroline, the second one where she is kissing Minnies nose is lovely, and don't forget to kkep the 13 year old one safe for when the 21st comes along!!

caroline
14-01-2005, 12:54
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by MaggieAllan
Caroline, the second one where she is kissing Minnies nose is lovely, and don't forget to kkep the 13 year old one safe for when the 21st comes along!!
[/quote]

Thanks Maggie - the photo of Declan has been duly filed in the 'things I can embarrass my kids with' folder[msnwink]

David and Debra Waters
15-01-2005, 15:45
Hi Linda

I think I am looking forward to Debbies reaction most of all!![clap]

Perhaps that is the real 'Magic' of Disney lol

We have purchased on Glenbrook

www.onlinefloridavillas.com/villas/1686.aspx

David