PDA

View Full Version : spare a prayer at midnight for Tsunami victims

poet123
31-12-2004, 23:18
As we celebrate the turning of a new year we could all spare a thought for those unlucky enough to be caught up in the tragedy in Asia. Most of us on these boards are travellers and will know only too well,that it could, but for the grace of God have been any one of us or our families.
Britain and its people are as usual rising to the occasion by raisning 45m in aid. Disasters bring the world closer together, if only we could retain that sense of togetherness when the initial shock recedes, the world would be a better and safer place.
Happy new year to all.

orlandobabe
31-12-2004, 23:23
I think they are doing a three minute silence just before midnight.

LiesaAnna
31-12-2004, 23:58
our thoughts are with them all!!!

ravtino
01-01-2005, 02:57
God bless all of them.

Fletch
01-01-2005, 17:56
My thoughts and love are with everyone who has been caught up in this terrible event. Our neighbours were on honeymoon in Thailand and were in the hotel foyer when the wave literally smashed through the front door and swept them away. The wife was smashed against a wall but dragged to safety, while her husband was washed down the street. Luckily, they both survived and have just returned home.

If there is anything positive to be said about this devastating disaster, I would agree with Gwen's sentiment entirely. Perhaps 2005 will herald the beginning of a more united and peaceful world.

[grouphug][grouphug][grouphug]

orlandobabe
03-01-2005, 00:20
That must have been so terrifying for them Fletch. This tragedy has put so many of our little problems into perspective.

The stories that are now coming out are so very sad-the people who have been lucky enough to make it to hospital-well we still don't know what awful injuries they may have sustained.

When I see the sad faces of some of those blonde, blue eyed babies that have lost one or both parents-well I give my little blonde grandson an extra hug.

I was chatting to my friend tonight. She has never been to Orlando despite winning over 100,000 air miles 2 years ago. I told her to get them spent and get her holiday booked-no more putting it off and waiting for their friends to go with them-just do it.

That's my motto now....