PDA

View Full Version : Where will you be at Midnight?

Magical Dreams
31-12-2004, 23:03
With us having young children, we will be letting the new year in at home. PLUS I am working at 6.00am in the morning!!

We are having a couple of drinks and something to eat.

At the strike of midnight, we will let off some Fireworks!!

Music a blasting, fireworks a crackling!!

What will you guys be doing??
[clap][lucky][lucky][clap]

orlandobabe
31-12-2004, 23:13
Sitting quietly at home babysitting my little grandson.

I've never been a lover of NYE-so not too upset about that!

Lynnes
31-12-2004, 23:16
Next door with our American neighbours, living in Yorkshire.

emm
31-12-2004, 23:31
At our friends' house, enjoying some sparklers and fireworks.

rosie
31-12-2004, 23:31
I will be tucked up in bed as Al works for the local out of hours doctor service and this is one of the busiest nights of the year, and I have work in the morning, like OB we don't go much on NYE so not worried at all.

Whatever you all do, have a good one, and if your drinking leave the car at home [msnwink]

amy
31-12-2004, 23:37
We'll be like rosie tucked up in bed, and hoping to sleep throught the fireworks, getting up at 5:30 for work and organising a 2yr old, sleep is valuable whatever the night.

wilfy
31-12-2004, 23:49
Sods law, 1st time in 3 year's i'm on call over new year and the phone went 30 minutes ago. Looks like one of those horrible problems that i'll need to spend some time talking to the support people in the US. Grrrrrrrr [}:)][}:)] . Had it all planned, couple of small drinks, in front of the open fire, good fillum to watch. Then do a runner around midnight to our local train station, run up the bridge over the tracks , where you get a terrific view over the whole town, and watch all the fireworks being let off. I hope this get's fixed soon..:(:(

LiesaAnna
31-12-2004, 23:55
in bed soundo!!!
or probably being sad being in here on me own cos everyone else will be having a better time![msnwink]

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
01-01-2005, 00:28
As we have two small children and never really celebrate NYE we will probably be sound asleep or awake and hoping the fireworks that people set off do not wake the children up as they need the sleep to try and get back on UK time after our Christmas in Florida.

jingleton
01-01-2005, 01:44
In our new home in Lake Mary. Rosie our dog arrived yesterday and I dont want to leave her. She is very jet lagged sleeps constantly!!!

happy new year to you all

Janet

Sally D
01-01-2005, 01:58
Here at home with my family. Will be off to bed not long after midnight. We don't tend to do much at new year.

ravtino
01-01-2005, 02:54
I will be tucked up in bed fast asleep I hope (if not too much noise from fireworks)my 8 year old went to bed as he was tired and my hubby already in bed as I have now given in my cold virus that I have had since coming back Xmas eve from Tenerife ( so much for coming back alll refreshed) felt great till I woke up Xamas morning!! never made it out of bed boxing day!!

Happy New Year to ALL

ctgirlscout
01-01-2005, 03:10
We'll be home with our kids--we always have our own little "party" with a movie night and snacks, then we watch the ball come down on TV in Times Square.

Nostromo
01-01-2005, 03:25
Working. The overnight shift at £120 an hour was just too tempting to let go. Been to so many NY parties that I thought I'll do something different this time. Will donate half of tonight's earnings to the Tsunami Relief. But if I have a few mins here and there, I'll be browsing this forum...as I am right now!

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
01-01-2005, 03:29
Good on you Nostromo - a very worthwhile cause [msnsmile2]<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Nostromo
Working. The overnight shift at £120 an hour was just too tempting to let go. Been to so many NY parties that I thought I'll do something different this time. Will donate half of tonight's earnings to the Tsunami Relief. But if I have a few mins here and there, I'll be browsing this forum...as I am right now!
[/quote]

KJH
01-01-2005, 03:35
Talk about a turnaround, himself and I are at home and the children are at parties. Can't even have a drink because I have to pick them up at 1 and 2 am.

Telly is absolutely terrible, should have driven to Brighton and given Liesa a bottle of Baileys!

Roll on 2005, best wishes to all[:X][clap][angel][drinkpepsi][grouphug]

julieanne
01-01-2005, 03:41
I've had one or two whiskeys tonight with mum and dad. At home now and checking out who else is home like me. After I've watched the fireworks (out of the window) I'll be off to bed [zzz]

<span style="color:red"> HAPPY NEW YEAR TO EVERYONE ON THE FORUM</span id="red">

It's been a highlight of 2004 getting to know you all [msnsmile2]

Here's to a happy and healthy 2005 [grouphug] [grouphug]

Magical Dreams
01-01-2005, 03:58
<span style="color:green">Happy New Year to ALL Forum Members</span id="green">

<h1><span style="color:red">Here's to a Fantastic Year for us all</span id="red"></h1>

[drinkbeer][drinkpepsi][lucky][grouphug][zzz]

Magical Dreams
01-01-2005, 04:10
Thats it!!

I'm off to bed!!

God bless you all!!

:D

LiesaAnna
01-01-2005, 04:14
<span style="color:red">yep me to........Happy and Peaceful New year to all....</span id="red">

Kaz wouldve loved the Baileys nearly run out and the giggles we couldve had!!!!oh well next year!!!!!

<span style="color:red">God Bless All!!!!!!!!!!!!!!</span id="red">
(except those letting off those horrid explosions tonite!) bah humbug again.......
nite