PDA

View Full Version : 2. Tues 14th & wed 15th

Joolz
30-12-2004, 21:25
Tuesday 14th
We had booked breakfast at Boma via Disney reservations ( but when we got there they had not received the booking!!! So they advised us to book direct with the hotel in future- they let us in anyway!)
WoW! The breakfast was absolutely fabulous!!!!!! The Pineapple tasted as if it had just been cut picked and cut delicious. The teenagers enjoyed curry and the special juice blend. Just walking around the hotel was exciting – we saw a giraffe and a zebras rear end from the viewing balconies. The shop was fun too. And the lobby Christmas tree and decs was fab.
We then went off to Animal Kingdom – had a wonderful day there. IHOP for dinner. Since we had our 2 teenage kids with us it was interesting to hear our boys comments – The conversation went something along the lines of: Me: Wow look at that isn’t it great?
‘Kevin’ huh! Grunt! Hgh! I think I might be too old for this y’no!”
(After an unwelcome hug from his mum and a well placed comment from Dad about never being too old for Disney we saw a dramatic improvement in response and he relaxed into it activities in Wednesday improved the situation……

Wed 15th
Spent the morning in Villa letting the teenagers sleep in and then went off to the darkest depths of Kissimmee to find the shop with Warhammer Lord of the rings models for ‘Kevin’ After long drive and missed turnings we eventually found a shop which looked closed down… awaiting kevisn strop …I investigated and it said use back entrab=nce – mustve been having a refit. Success we could order the desired items and collect them 2 days before we leave for home… saving £40 on Uk prices… Hallelujah! #61514;
Drove to I drive via Kissimmee water front. Arrived at Millenia Mall where we went to Cheesecake factory ---- Speechless – somehow I was expecting a small eatery in the centre of the Mall it was a fully blown enormous restaurant with a fully blown menu!! I shared an enormous salad with my daughter and the men had light ??? sandwiches.. (ha ha they were enormous)
We had godiva choc cheesecake, key lime cheesecake (delish!!) cookie dough cheesecake (not so good)!
Then we headed off to Belz mall 1 and 2 – got ‘loads a’ clothes for my hubby who rarely buys clothes- he rediscovered Van Heusen ! (loud fanfare heard in background)
Tried to come home on I4 but made it on Turkey Lake Rd, stopped at Krispy Kreme for box of 12 donuts. Oooooh yum! Planning for weight watchers on return!!!!

Sally D
30-12-2004, 22:13
Sounds like you had a great time with lots of lovely food.
I'm sure when we go that the waashing machine in the villa always shrinks my clothes as they are so much tighter at the end of the holiday.[msntongue] I have told my sister who is coming with us for the first time when we go in October to take expandable clothes only.
Sally

Nostromo
30-12-2004, 23:25
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Joolz

Arrived at Millenia Mall where we went to Cheesecake factory ---- Speechless – somehow I was expecting a small eatery in the centre of the Mall it was a fully blown enormous restaurant with a fully blown menu!! I shared an enormous salad with my daughter and the men had light ??? sandwiches.. (ha ha they were enormous)
We had godiva choc cheesecake, key lime cheesecake (delish!!) cookie dough cheesecake (not so good)!
[/quote]

I am sure that it was Key Lime Cheesecake that I had at MaM's Cheesecake Factory. It was delicious! But besides the eateries, we found MaM too expensive for regular shopping, especially with the Premium Outlets being such good value.

LiesaAnna
30-12-2004, 23:49
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Sally D
Sounds like you had a great time with lots of lovely food.
I'm sure when we go that the waashing machine in the villa always shrinks my clothes as they are so much tighter at the end of the holiday.[msntongue] I have told my sister who is coming with us for the first time when we go in October to take expandable clothes only.
Sally
[/quote]

funny that it always happens to us......nice report joolz thanx

Ray&Sarah
31-12-2004, 02:09
Ooh lovely Cheesecake Factory, worth a visit to the Mall at Millenia just for that, oh and the Lindt Chocolate shop right by the food hall.[msnsmile2]

Fletch
31-12-2004, 03:54
Great reports Joolz - I'm off to bed now to dream about Florida.
This time next week WE'LL BE THERE!![clap][clap]

julieanne
31-12-2004, 14:34
Enjoyed reading your reports Joolz.

You ate at two of my favs - the Cheesecake Factory [msnsmile2] and Town Tavern at Celebration. I only managed to have brunch there (also sat on the swing seats, but I was in hot sunshine!!!). Would have loved to have gone back at night for a meal - but ran out of time [msncry]

Magical Dreams
31-12-2004, 20:36
It sounds like you had a good time so far!!
Eat drink and be Happy!

Kevin - Typical teenager I must say!!

He'll grow out of it in time! So they say!!!

amy
31-12-2004, 20:45
great report, love the Cheesecake factory,you can now even pick them up at Costco on the OBT.