PDA

View Full Version : 1. 10-13th Dec

Joolz
30-12-2004, 21:06
We arrived in Orlando to be greeted by warm weather. It took about 45 mins to get finger prints and photos done at the airport. Dodged the hard sell on the car! And we stuck with the compact!! Drove to the villa with kids sandwiched between suitcases!! :D but saved loads a money!
On arrival we ate dinner at Dennys- Fabulous- I had the meat lovers skillett!! YUM! The villa in Cumbrian lakes was wonderful, a lovely subdivision.

Saturday 11th visited Sandy Ridge-(where we were going to buy in March! but had to back out!! feeling jelous!! one day ....[:O] hey ho!
We had breakfast at Cracker barrel- ohhhhh yum- we had a sampler (taste of everything fried apples- grits - cooked brekky- biscuits (scones to us!!) - fab atmoshere !
Hit Walmart for 3.5 hours!!! Tasted corn dog in cafe! (YUK) Kids loved them!
Ate evening meal in Golden Corall [a buffet] included enormous bits of steak, chicken, prawns [deep fried] , salads etc- and red velvet cake!!

Sunday headed to MGM fab day- Indiana Jones good as usual- did back lot tour - a bit nippy needed jumpers and wished I’d worn long trousers! We all too tired to stay for Osborne lights even though we only had an hour to wait- had pizza from freezer, for tea and fell in to bed!!!

Monday 13th weather set to be warmer- headed to Blizzard beach (Typhoon lagoon closed) sat on beach trying to feel warm!![:I] water fffffffreezing cold- teenage son was the only one who could bear it-
We did the family raft ride, great fun!! had BBQ pork roll (yum) and turkey leg (yuk) and turkey wrap (ok) at lunch bar on site.
I persuaded everyone that it was really cold and that we should warm up by doing some shopping !!![8D] hee hhee! Went on to Lake Beuna Vista Mall
Got LOADS of bargains!! In the evening We went to Celebration for a meal at Celebration Town Tavern - sat outside [in jumpers ] and sat on swing seats - between us we had scallops, blackened sword fish, chinese starters, shrimp (big prawns) ....[:P] Also had smoothies to drink -oooohhh! Fantastic meal !

Nostromo
30-12-2004, 21:14
Nice little report, Joolz. Did you miss Fantasmic while at MGM or did you intend to come back later in the trip? And how could you try that awful turkey leg? [sick][sick][xx(][xx(]. You'll probably enjoy chewing on your car's spare tyre a lot more! Anyway, looks like you had a good time!

Joolz
30-12-2004, 21:26
Missed Fantasmic but also planned to return - more of that Later...
our 'Kevin' tried turkey leg.... hmmm!!

LiesaAnna
30-12-2004, 23:45
lovely! must have been ships passing..............

Ray&Sarah
31-12-2004, 02:05
Great to read your report of the first few days of your trip Joolz. Good to know that in true Brit fashion you braved the cold to sit on the beach at Blizzard Beach.[msnwink][msnsmile2]

Magical Dreams
31-12-2004, 20:31
Great report.

Looking forward to reading the rest of it!

amy
31-12-2004, 20:49
Great report, but Walmart for 3 1/2 hours????????????

jolliffee
31-12-2004, 21:49
Loved the report, did you have wind breaks on the beach too? Yeh! 3 1/2 hours in Walmart, you must have missed loads out we take longer than that..[msnwink]

Joolz
31-12-2004, 21:59
No wind breaks on beach hee hee! but the boys went in .... slowly I have a series of pics pf them edging their way into the water.....

http://www.orlando-guide.info/forums/Data/Joolz/2004123117598_edgingintothewatersmall.jpg
see its so cold my hubbys clinging to his own shorts!!!

Joolz
31-12-2004, 22:00
and as for walmart I was hassled and hurried - had to make a mad dash through many departments....was a bit peeved but managed another trip or 2!!![:P]