PDA

View Full Version : Sci-fi Diner

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
15-12-2002, 04:17
Excellent restaurant.

You dine in cars as if at a drive-in. Some of the servers skate to the car and take your order.

Not the cheapest place to eat but relaxing. The children loved it.

You could blink and miss it so look out or pre-book. It's just past the Commissary. Well worth the wait though.

We had great milk shakes here too.

grafixxchik
27-12-2002, 20:16
I absolutely loved the Sci-Fi Diner. I went with my fiancee and his parents last year (during our X-Mas/New Years Vacation). It was so much fun, and it had been a last minute choice, actually, but it was definitely worth it. Our waiter was so funny, he thought me and my fiancee were brother and sister and when he heard that we were an engaged couple, he announced it to the group, lol. And he told us to come find him again when we're on our honeymoon.

Amazing place, great food and you can bet that we will get a "car" seating next time.

Kickstart
10-10-2003, 17:40
We ate there a couple of years ago but had a bit of a problem. The cars seat in 3 rows of 2 and there were 8 of us.

They wouldn't put us in 4 seats in 2 different cars, but insisted that 6 sat in one car with the other 2 sitting in another car. My youngest daughter and I had to sit in another car some distance away from the rest of the party which rather spoilt the atmosphere.

Food was OK but like most of the parks nothing to write home about and expensive.

chrizzy100
10-10-2003, 19:05
quote:Originally posted by floridadreamvilla.co.uk

Excellent restaurant.

You dine in cars as if at a drive-in. Some of the servers skate to the car and take your order.

Not the cheapest place to eat but relaxing. The children loved it.

You could blink and miss it so look out or pre-book. It's just past the Commissary. Well worth the wait though.

We had great milk shakes here too.

We love it in there.....all the old B movies playing.........we have a real drive-in up here...I really have to go to it next year.....it closes in fall...so I missed out again......

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
10-10-2003, 19:41
Went there 2 days ago and it's still as good as ever - make sure you book early as they were nearly full for the day when we turned up!

chrizzy100
10-10-2003, 20:04
quote:Originally posted by floridadreamvilla.co.uk

Went there 2 days ago and it's still as good as ever - make sure you book early as they were nearly full for the day when we turned up!

We used to book early for around 2pm....we try to only have one sit down meal a day....eating gets in the way of having fun.....I always lose about 12lbs in Orlando....we walk from around 9am till 11pm.....most days.....I have to buy flat shoes....even I can last a whole day in the parks in high heels.....:D

Amirah
18-11-2003, 04:08
We had a good time and our waiter...goodness I cannot remember his name for the life of me. He will use your camera to take a picture of the entire family eating dinner but before he does he screams out an introduction to make you laugh and he snaps the picture. Anybody run into him??????? LOL. He's awesome too. We're going back next year just to see him. Sci Fi rocks.

kaysvacationvilla
18-11-2003, 04:29
What park is this restruant in? It sounds like it is a place we will to go next time we are there.

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
18-11-2003, 12:26
It's in MGM Studios just before the start of New York Street [msnsmile]