PDA

View Full Version : Walmart's Craft Section

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
15-12-2002, 02:33
At the risk of sounding like I'm morphing into my mother...for anyone that is interested in craft, needlework etc check this section at Walmart, I love it.
Loads of great things to do and make and very cheap. It is at the back of the store towards the left(This is in the 192 store kissimmee)

If you buy too much the luggage section is nearby to purchase another case!:D

Here's hoping John doesn't read this post, he thinks I'm old before my time already!:D

If when you do get things home and you don't like your purchases or they or faulty or you simply will not have time to be as creative as you thought I'm advised that you can take things back to Asda in the UK. I think it has to be within 30 days.

What have you got to lose apart from your husband when he's out partying and you are at home doing fine needlepoint;)

janny
15-12-2002, 04:30
I spend most of my time in this section as we run a fabric shop here in uk and I just love all the craft stuff.It 's going to be my first port of call in january as I have made bedspreads from fabric here but as they are bulky I need to finish them off over there.

blott
15-12-2002, 09:43
Oh, Janny, why didn't you tell me that when I was looking for animal print fabric - sigh? :( I scoured the world (well, almost!) and you're probably sitting on a secret supply of the stuff! [:0]

janny
15-12-2002, 12:58
Sorry Blott!After you've been such a help to me as well!

porky
28-12-2002, 17:26
I agree about the craft stuff. I bring ample supplies back with me. I'm also doubly lucky that my aunt in N. Carolina is more than happy to nip down to her local Walmart to get me more stuff in exchange for some PG Tips.

I made a couple of beanbags here from some duvets I bought then changed my mind about. Took them over to Florida with the view of filling them there. Blow me, you can get wonderful craft stuff over that by I'm damned if I can get hold of any bean bags beans. Anybody any useful suggestions?

Jacqui

blott
28-12-2002, 20:22
Don't know about useful but you can get the polyester type filling that goes into duvets which you could use for bean bags (without the beans!) in Wal-Mart for about $2 a bag. We bought some to stuff out a balloon valance and you can pull it off and stuff in as much or as little as you like.