PDA

View Full Version : Meeting people and after 2 entertainment

carnage200
29-12-2004, 16:09
Hello

This is very short notice before my trip but it is information i have been hoping for so i guess im gonna try.

Im off to orlando on Sat 1st Jan. It is the first time i have been and since my girlfriend left me last month I am now going with a friend. (incase ur wondering it was good for 3 years but she got scared of commitment and so called it off). Anyway i have just recently picked myself up and thought i am not going to let this ruin my one in a lifetime trip to sunny florida.

Now as i am going with a friend it is most likely going to turn to heavy clubbing and i just wondered where would be the most populated areas?. Also i see that clubs tend to close at about 2 , the same time as the boring clubs here[msnsad]. I just wondered if anyone knew of places to go after 2 or places to go before two that stay open longer. Thank you very much[clap]

SunLover
29-12-2004, 17:37
Certainly being a "family" type resort area, the clubs in and around Disney will close at 2am.

There are no doubt places in Downtown Orlando that others might be able to recommend, but I'm afraid I'm not really a clubby person, so I can't help you with that.

I'm sure you'll get some other responses and recommendations.

esprit
29-12-2004, 18:53
There are clubs at Citywalk, Downtown Disney etc but still family orientated. 18-30 once tried to start up here and shut down! Part of the problem is that you cant drink until 21 and get ID checked if you look under 30 and the swingeing drink driving laws which mean you cant really drink anyway. I have a teenager who would be out clubbing if he lived in the UK and he goes out to coffee bars!
Try downtown Orlando on Friday and Sat nights. There are always young people walking about all dressed up, must be going somewhere. Suggest you stop someone reasonable looking and ask where the life is!! There are lots of clubs on North OBT but they are mainly girly type clubs if you get my drift.

carnage200
29-12-2004, 19:21
Hey thanks guys. I kinda feared that it would be that kinda way. I suppose thats the price you pay when your holiday turns from one extreme to the other. Asking decent looking people when i get their sounds like a good idea so thanks. Also i though i might check out a place called necropolis on Sunday, do you know if it is any good? Any one else with ideas to the original thread would be greatly appricated. Thanks for the replys so far,[msnsmile]

fiona
29-12-2004, 22:08
My 19yr old resigns herself to having a quiet time in Florida, and although she is coming with us in February, in the summer she is going to Ibiza while the 16yr old is bringing a friend!

Are you staying in a hotel? In the International Drive area? You may find some young people to join up with. Julie is right about the licencing laws, so make sure you have ID on you at all times.

The Disney area really is all about family orientated holidays, although there must be clubs rather than "girly" bars to go to. Cat has been to Citywalk when she was 17 - they have arranged discos for 13-19yr olds before now in the summer, of course now she wouldn't be seen dead in them unless in a supervisory role for her younger sister!

E. Cosgrove
29-12-2004, 22:45
Even doing clubs until 2 am I'm sure you will have a great time. Don't think that the theme parks are just for families and kids, go along and enjoy yourselves, our kids aged 20 - 25 are so excited about going again at Easter, they are all clubbers and drinkers when they go away but they know Florida is a different type of holiday and look forward to it just as much as Ibiza, Magaluf etc.
After a day in the theme parks you will be hard pushed to stay awake until 2 am.
Whatever you do have a great time.[msncool]

Nostromo
29-12-2004, 23:37
As has been said, Orlando & vicinity is an area catering for the family and so you will be hard pressed to find nightclubs staying open after 2am even on weekends. Having said that, there are a few possibilities you may want to check out: :08 Seconds on Livingston Street has a part country cowboy theme that may not suit all tastes. Tabu, The Social, Barbarella and Cairo are mainstream nightclubs, all in Orange Avenue while Icon on E Central Blvd has in-house entertainment as well. For a more intimate and upscale atmosphere, try The Blue Room in W Pine Street. But don't expect to find a Ronnie Scott's equivalent in Orlando.

kaysvacationvilla
30-12-2004, 01:25
I doubt by law any club would actually be allowed to stay open after 2:00 AM. That is the closing time for all places up here in Massachusetts.

Have a great time on your trip.!!

carnage200
30-12-2004, 13:51
Thanks for the club surgestions I will try them. I was going to ask if the law had any effect on club closing times. What is travel like to these clubs? we are saying in the middle of international drive.

Nostromo
30-12-2004, 14:14
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by carnage200
Thanks for the club surgestions I will try them. I was going to ask if the law had any effect on club closing times. What is travel like to these clubs? we are saying in the middle of international drive.
[/quote]

Most of the aforementioned clubs start closing by 3am, but I have known The Blue Room to go on up to 3:30am on Friday & Saturday nights. Some of them do not open doors on some weekday nights. Best to phone first and check. From I-drive, they are all easily accessible by taxi, but like elsewhere night rates will apply.

carnage200
30-12-2004, 16:42
Hey thanks, I have been looking on the web and appartley South beach is a good place for clubs that stay open til 5. Do you know how easy it would be to get a train there, how long it would take and roughly how much? I think its miami

SunLover
30-12-2004, 17:21
Orlando ~ Miama is a good 4-5 hour drive, so trains will be slightly faster, depending on the number of stops.

I have no idea of costs I'm afraid, but bear in mind that Miami itself is very expensive. It's considered very upscale and trendy, and the clubs especially will be way more expensive than you imagine.

Nostromo
30-12-2004, 17:51
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by carnage200
Hey thanks, I have been looking on the web and appartley South beach is a good place for clubs that stay open til 5. Do you know how easy it would be to get a train there, how long it would take and roughly how much? I think its miami
[/quote]

Amtrak's 97 Silver Meteor runs from New York to Miami, stopping at both Orlando and Kissimmee. The run time from Kissimmee to Miami is 5 and half hours. You have to check with Amtrak for the costs on your given day.