PDA

View Full Version : Windsor Palms or Cypress Pointe

marandy
28-12-2004, 21:47
We intend having 2 weeks holiday in Orlando in November. We are looking at Windsor Palms or Cypress Pointe - which is the better location for a condo? It is just two of us - no children.

ianandsue
29-12-2004, 00:41
Do not know of Cypress Pointe but have stayed at Windsor Palms and found it to be a great community.
Sue

hurricanesarah
30-12-2004, 11:54
Windsor Palms is gorgeous, have stayed there many times. Near to everything, great facilities for all ages cant recommend it enough

athurstance
31-12-2004, 18:23
We just stayed 2 nights at Cypress Pointe - it is near Crossroads just outside downtown Disney. I had heard very good reports on it but personally wasn't impressed. It was OK. It is a timeshare resort really but you can rent without having to do any presentations. It is OK but the condos/villas on this website are much much better. All the time we kept comparing it to the villa and it came a poor second. Fine for a couple of nights.
We found it noisy - we could hear the TV from upstairs condo all the time and there were always people running around the stair area. I had to wash all the cutlery/plates etc when we arrived as it was all grubby.
Pool area was nice although I thought it was a bit cold. The jacuzzi was nice and hot though. We had a jacuzzi bath in the master bathroom which was nice. Nowhere near enough towels.
Guest services kept trying to make me go to a timeshare presentation - there was no obligation though and I just said no. It is just irritating.

Lynne S
31-12-2004, 20:10
Hi everyone,

Although nothing comes close to your own villa and pool. We stayed at Cypress Pointe in May this year. The 2 bed condo we had was fantastic, really big with everything you could need for a famiy holiday. My sister and her family stayed in a 1 bed,
We didn't have any timeshare pests.......Something I hate! ( I know someone's gotta do it)
It's really close to Disney and loads of places to eat, you can walk to some of them which makes a big change.
[msnwink]

Good luck