PDA

View Full Version : love is blind?

E. Cosgrove
26-12-2004, 19:44
My Hubby bought me a beautiful new dressing gown for Christmas, soft velour with satin edging and matching hood in my favourite pastel pink, it really is gorgeous. Only problem is the size, he bought a size 10-12 the size I was when we were first married and there is no way it will cover my ample size 16 -18 frame.
Does this mean he thinks I am still the size I was 26 years ago, does he love me whatever my size or is it a subtle hint to go on a diet.[msneek]

melvazquez
26-12-2004, 20:07
Hi Liz

I would think that if he's anything like my hubby he would just have forgotten to look at the size![msnscared]

Wot they like???

Mine knows I'm on a diet and he bought me choccies.

mel

LiesaAnna
26-12-2004, 20:29
mine bought me a beautiful necklace, in order to put the family locket that the kids bought me! its so pretty!
then he bought me another mobile phone!! not that impressed with as i dont know how to use it! its hard to suss out! and he only got me one last year and the kids bought me an elephant case to go on it for mothers day! i love that one! (i'll keep my mouth shut next year about camera phones)[msnwink]

forgot to mention my youngest daughter got me a stylistics cd and its the best thing ever!! dont think anyone else agrees cos they dont like my singing!!!!

Nostromo
26-12-2004, 20:30
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by E. Cosgrove
My Hubby bought me a beautiful new dressing gown for Christmas, soft velour with satin edging and matching hood in my favourite pastel pink, it really is gorgeous. Only problem is the size, he bought a size 10-12 the size I was when we were first married and there is no way it will cover my ample size 16 -18 frame.
Does this mean he thinks I am still the size I was 26 years ago, does he love me whatever my size or is it a subtle hint to go on a diet.[msneek]

[/quote]

There is another possibilty. He might have got two gowns mixed up and you might have ended up with the svelte one. In which case.......[msnwink][msnoo]

LiesaAnna
26-12-2004, 20:44
ahhhhhhhhh i'm telling!!!!!!!![msnwink]

LesleyB
26-12-2004, 20:48
Hi Liz

Chances are, he just held it up, thought it looked about the right size and bought it. Just hope they have a larger one left to swap with when the shop re-opens, it sounds lovely.

Liesa - I made mine swear that he would not buy me another mobile phone - he loves them, I hate them, so at least he listened to me for once.

LiesaAnna
26-12-2004, 20:58
think steve will next year, have tried to be nice about it!

KarenScott
26-12-2004, 21:42
Liz
Similarly my husband bought me a pair of black trousers, which were OK in design but short in length whereas I will buy regular or long, so I'm off to M&S to return along with the paisley print top which he bought with it. Mind you I did used to wear paisley in the 80s but just don't see myself in it now!
Where would we be without them?
[:I]

LiesaAnna
26-12-2004, 21:49
i wonder???????[msnwink]

KevinT
26-12-2004, 23:46
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Marthas Harbour
Liz
Where would we be without them?
[:I]
[/quote]

Paisley? Florida? (I love quizzes!![clap][clap])

Ray&Sarah
27-12-2004, 00:45
Still its the thought that counts Liz and he obviously thought you were still the same size as when he married you, bless him, think of it as a compliment.[msnsmile2] Thats the sort of thing Ray would do too![msnwink][msnsmile2]

E. Cosgrove
27-12-2004, 02:29
Arun!!![msneek]!!!<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Nostromo

[/quote]

There is another possibilty. He might have got two gowns mixed up and you might have ended up with the svelte one. In which case.......[msnwink][msnoo]
[/quote]

KJH
27-12-2004, 02:35
Count yourselves lucky, I didn't get anything from himself!:(

Alfie (12) bought me pink and lilac wellingtons, daughter 17 Undies and daughter 15 make-up case, black nail varnish and nail files.

Mother in law bought me the 'BRIDGET JONES' of all time.

Imagine the picture if I went out in the above[msncry]

Ray&Sarah
27-12-2004, 02:37
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by KJHewitt

Alfie (12) bought me pink and lilac wellingtons, daughter 17 Undies and daughter 15 make-up case, black nail varnish and nail files.

[/quote]

That would be quite a creation, a bit Vyvian Westwood![msnwink]:D

E. Cosgrove
27-12-2004, 03:04
He bought me a villa in Florida so I guess I shouldn't complain about a too small dressing gown![msnwink]<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by KJHewitt

[/quote]

LiesaAnna
27-12-2004, 03:19
seems very ungrateful then Liz if you ask me!!!!!!![msnwink]:D

and Arun, needs a smacked but!!!!!!!!!!!!! he is in a cheeky mood!!![msnwink]

Nostromo
27-12-2004, 04:14
Arun!!![msneek]!!!<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Nostromo

[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

Why are you so shocked Liz? All I was going to say was that you could be getting your own gown back soon.....oops![msnscared][msnscared]

LiesaAnna
27-12-2004, 13:11
bad boy![msnwink]

steph_goodrum
28-12-2004, 13:49
Well our best friend has certainly scored himself quite a few brownie points with his wife I would imagine.
About 6 years ago he was beginning to develop a phobia about flying and despite having been to the States a few times was getting really worked up about it but managed to go to the Dominican Republic about 4 years ago for their honeymoon. Since then he has been terrified to go on a plane again, despite the fact his wifes sister lives in Boston so she has travelled regularly to see her.
She had her first baby about 8 weeks ago so his wife and in laws were travelling over Christmas to see the first nephew/grandchild and flew off on 23rd.
Christmas Eve about 7 pm I received a call (from the pub where he was with my hubby) asking me to check and see if I could get him a flight for Christmas Day for him to join them. An hour or so later it was booked and Mick drove him to the airport first to catch the mid afternoon flight.
He had mentioned to us a couple of weeks ago that he really wanted to surprise her but wasnt sure he had the nerve, so we'd been cheking flights then but thought he wouldn't go through with it.
What he hadn't mentioned until recently was that the baby was being Christened on Boxing Day and he and his wife were to be God Parents so she was going to be representing him as well for that but he felt it was so important that he should be there.
Last we heard he had gone through security so until Wednesday when he should be back (managed to get him on same flight as his wife on the way back) we assumed he made it.
The first his wife will have known about it was when he turned up at the hotel the family were staying at over Christmas as he didnt want to let her down if he couldnt go through with it, so hadnt even told her his plan.

LiesaAnna
28-12-2004, 13:52
thats lovely, let us know how he got on![clap]

Ray&Sarah
28-12-2004, 13:55
Thats a wonderful story Steph, hope he got there ok, bet his wife was thrilled.[msnsmile2]

E. Cosgrove
28-12-2004, 19:55
What alovely story Steph, let us know the outcome won;t you?

Joolz
29-12-2004, 04:28
re wrong sizes: The best bet is to write a list--- everyone does it in our house- we are never dissapointed- state the size and colour and make.. you always get what you like that way- and I do seem to have a short term memory problem - so Its always a surprize too[msnsmile2].

Lilyvazz
29-12-2004, 19:09
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by melvazquez
Hi Liz

I would think that if he's anything like my hubby he would just have forgotten to look at the size![msnscared]

Wot they like???

Mine knows I'm on a diet and he bought me choccies.

mel
[/quote]

Melvazquez is my mum [msnsmile2] for christmas i bought her a lavender pot pourri and drawliner and some sort of chinese bath herb things [sporty]i think she was pretty grateful that it wasn't choccies [catinhat]